21- rrivers
    22- rrivers
    23- juggler
    24- fixer
    25- ed
    26- no code
    27- poncier
    28- phardin

Ed, with those picks, you must hate the Cubs...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    13. Angels

1- phardin - phillies
    2- poncier - red sox
    3- no code - yankers
    4- ed - white sox
    5- fixer - braves
    6- juggler - Giants
    7- rrivers - Rangers
    8- rrivers - Dodgers
    9- juggler - twins
    10- fixer - Reds
    11- ed - Cardinals
    12- no code - Rockies
    13- poncier - Angels
    14- phardin
    15- phardin
    16- poncier
    17- no code
    18- ed
    19- fixer
    20- juggler
    21- rrivers
    22- rrivers
    23- juggler
    24- fixer
    25- ed
    26- no code
    27- poncier
    28- phardin
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    NoCode416 wrote:

nah
    just took what i could get

i only hate the yanks and the mets and the giants and the jets and the knicks and the nets
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    ed243421 wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

nah

i only hate the yanks and the mets and the giants and the jets and the knicks and the nets

I think the cards win 78 games this year. They are so overrated.

I was trying to decide between the reds and the rocks. Went with the team in the awful division. Whoever took colorado, nice pick. I think they win that division
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    The Fixer wrote:
    ed243421 wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

nah

I was trying to decide between the reds and the rocks. Went with the team in the awful division. Whoever took colorado, nice pick. I think they win that division

i was hoping that at least one of the reds/rocks would make it to me. not sure which of the two i would have picked in your shoes.
    No sign of phardin yet today. He's up with back to back picks.
    Time for me to slide down my dinosaur and commute homeward, hopefully when I check back in later this PM, he'll have made his picks and I'll pop my next one on.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    The Fixer wrote:
    ed243421 wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

nah

What did the Rockies do in the offseason? I know I can just google it, but it's more fun if you tell me! In my fantasy draft, Tulowitski (sp?) was ranked 5th and I had the fourth pick but I don't seem him as a first pick. I went with Josh Hamilton.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    rrivers wrote:

What did the Rockies do in the offseason? I know I can just google it, but it's more fun if you tell me! In my fantasy draft, Tulowitski (sp?) was ranked 5th and I had the fourth pick but I don't seem him as a first pick. I went with Josh Hamilton.

that seems a little early for josh hamilton... but who knows, he's a great player and fantasy baseball is always somewhat of a crap shoot.

the rockies didn't do much during the offseason... except gain a year of experience, which is good for such a young team... if one SP beyond Ubaldo steps up, they're a WS contender in my opinion.
    NoCode416 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

that seems a little early for josh hamilton... but who knows, he's a great player and fantasy baseball is always somewhat of a crap shoot.

the rockies didn't do much during the offseason... except gain a year of experience, which is good for such a young team... if one SP beyond Ubaldo steps up, they're a WS contender in my opinion.

I agree that the rocks are a dangerous team. plus not having brad hawpe for a full season will help. I really like seth smith (there's a fantasy sleeper for you).

Hamilton and Tulo are both monsters. Kinda injury prone, but both studs.

The NL West is gonna be a bloodbath this year...and the NL central is the worst division in baseball. that's why I went with Cincy
    The Fixer wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

I agree that the rocks are a dangerous team. plus not having brad hawpe for a full season will help. I really like seth smith (there's a fantasy sleeper for you).

Hamilton and Tulo are both monsters. Kinda injury prone, but both studs.

The NL West is gonna be a bloodbath this year...and the NL central is the worst division in baseball. that's why I went with Cincy

i hate dusty baker... poor mark prior.
    NoCode416 wrote:

are you a cubs fan? game 6 of the '03 NLCS was on MLB Network last night. That game and series were insane. I had money on Florida to win that series (and the WS)...still can't believe I won either of those bets
    The Fixer wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

are you a cubs fan? game 6 of the '03 NLCS was on MLB Network last night. That game and series were insane. I had money on Florida to win that series (and the WS)...still can't believe I won either of those bets

I've been a Cubs fan for 20 years (despite growing up in Atlanta and being 8 years old in 1991). I really don't know why I went the Cubs route... but Mark Grace was my favorite player. Probably just saw them on WGN a lot...

I went to college in South Carolina and I actually drove down to Miami for Game 4 of the 2003 NLCS. It was the greatest time of my life... I had seen them win Games 1 and 5 of the NLDS in Atlanta, too.

They've lost 9 straight playoff games since that Game 4 night in Miami. Ugh.
    NoCode416 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

I've been a Cubs fan for 20 years (despite growing up in Atlanta and being 8 years old in 1991). I really don't know why I went the Cubs route... but Mark Grace was my favorite player. Probably just saw them on WGN a lot...

I went to college in South Carolina and I actually drove down to Miami for Game 4 of the 2003 NLCS. It was the greatest time of my life... I had seen them win Games 1 and 5 of the NLDS in Atlanta, too.

That's rough dude. I know how shitty I felt after the flyers choked away a 3-1 series lead in the eastern conf finals back in 2000. I don't think that comes close to comparing to the way the cubs lost in 2003 though.

Prior was ridiculous for those two seasons. Absolute monster.

You never know...the cubs aren't the best team in 2011, but their division sucks ass. I don't think they will win the Central, but stranger things have happened.

Baseball is fucking awesome

EDIT: I'm actually flipping between the cubs game and the orioles game. the cubs announcers are fantastic
    I've got the Gamecast on at work :D In an ironic twist of fate, I actually work about 45 minutes north of Miami now.

Can't believe Wood got out of that jam.
    NoCode416 wrote:
    I've got the Gamecast on at work :D In an ironic twist of fate, I actually work about 45 minutes north of Miami now.

what town you in? I lived in delray beach for a while. Bru's Room has some fantastic wings
    The Fixer wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

what town you in? I lived in delray beach for a while. Bru's Room has some fantastic wings

haha, amazing - i live two blocks south of atlantic avenue in delray... work in boca.

i've been wanting to check out bru's... now i might just head that way for tonight's ncaa championship.
    NoCode416 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

haha, amazing - i live two blocks south of atlantic avenue in delray... work in boca.

i've been wanting to check out bru's... now i might just head that way for tonight's ncaa championship.

holy shit dude. I lived in the hamlet, right off atlantic ave.

cool town...except for the badlands between 95 and the downtown delray area.

bru's wings are fantastic. let me know if that philly sandwich shop is still there (on atlantic across from bru's -- can't remember the name of it).
    NoCode416 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

I became a Dodger fan for similiar reasons. I remember liking Steve Sax in 1987 (the year Topps baseball cards had the wood outline. Anyone remember this?) Then the next year Gibson hit the home run and I have been hooked since.
    I saw the special on MLB Network last night about the Bartman game. You both are right about Dusty Baker, he is the reason that game was lost. How long he left Prior in never gets talked about! My wife is a die-hard Giants fan (WTF, right?) and she still hates Dustiny for handing the game ball to Russ Ortiz when he took him out of Game 6 in 2002.
    I liked Mark Grace a lot as a player too, but he is God awful as a broadcaster. I get Extra Innings so I can watch Dodger games and when it is the AZ feed, I just listen to Vin through my computer.
    rrivers wrote:

I became a Dodger fan for similiar reasons. I remember liking Steve Sax in 1987 (the year Topps baseball cards had the wood outline. Anyone remember this?) Then the next year Gibson hit the home run and I have been hooked since.
    I saw the special on MLB Network last night about the Bartman game. You both are right about Dusty Baker, he is the reason that game was lost. How long he left Prior in never gets talked about! My wife is a die-hard Giants fan (WTF, right?) and she still hates Dustiny for handing the game ball to Russ Ortiz when he took him out of Game 6 in 2002.
    I liked Mark Grace a lot as a player too, but he is God awful as a broadcaster. I get Extra Innings so I can watch Dodger games and when it is the AZ feed, I just listen to Vin through my computer.

1 - I remember the wood baseball cards
    2 - Alex Gonzalez (for the cubs) gets a pass for that game 6 loss. his error was the play of the game IMO
    3 - Grace is AWUL as a broadcaster. I have the package as well and I hate when they give us the ARIZ feed.

Dodgers should be tough this year. They gotta get rid of Loney though. He's not a starter on a championship team
    The Fixer wrote:

bru's wings are fantastic. let me know if that philly sandwich shop is still there (on atlantic across from bru's -- can't remember the name of it).

Everyone told me I'd be fine as long as I lived east of Swinton...

I really like it here so far (been here for a month)... interesting mix of people. I'm getting married in 12 days, and the wife will head down this way. She did her bachelorette party in South Beach, so she got a taste of South Florida and I'm afraid my pocket will pay the price. She better be able to find a job asap!
    The Fixer wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

2 - Alex Gonzalez (for the cubs) gets a pass for that game 6 loss. his error was the play of the game IMO
    3 - Grace is AWUL as a broadcaster. I have the package as well and I hate when they give us the ARIZ feed.

Dodgers should be tough this year. They gotta get rid of Loney though. He's not a starter on a championship team

AGonz' error was definitely the play of the game. The Cubs still had Wood going the next day and couldn't close it out.

I was dating this girl back then and she was on the college dance team... on the night of Game 6, I somehow got coaxed (read: sex) into going to some stupid basketball season preview pep rally thing that the dance team was a part of. Anyways, I of course brought one of those handheld TVs with me. I was on the verge of tears during that awful pep rally. Talking about this is making me depressed.

Onwards:

1- phardin - phillies
    2- poncier - red sox
    3- no code - yankers
    4- ed - white sox
    5- fixer - braves
    6- juggler - Giants
    7- rrivers - Rangers
    8- rrivers - Dodgers
    9- juggler - twins
    10- fixer - Reds
    11- ed - Cardinals
    12- no code - Rockies
    13- poncier - Angels
    14- phardin
    15- phardin
    16- poncier
    17- no code
    18- ed
    19- fixer
    20- juggler
    21- rrivers
    22- rrivers
    23- juggler
    24- fixer
    25- ed
    26- no code
    27- poncier
    28- phardin
    NoCode416 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Everyone told me I'd be fine as long as I lived east of Swinton...

I really like it here so far (been here for a month)... interesting mix of people. I'm getting married in 12 days, and the wife will head down this way. She did her bachelorette party in South Beach, so she got a taste of South Florida and I'm afraid my pocket will pay the price. She better be able to find a job asap!

that's awesome, congrats!!

I moved down there for a job in med sales, left gf behind so she could finish nursing school, got engaged while I was living down there, and decided to move back to philly. I was only down there a year. I liked it more than I thought I was going to. I liked delray a lot. definitely a cool mix of people. bru's room on the weekends for football is pretty cool. fans of all teams in there cheering.

best of luck down there
    The Fixer wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

Yeah Gonzalez has to take a lot of the blame too. I thought his response to the error was interesting where he basically blamed it on the top spin. I give him props for agreeing to be in the breakdown of the game, but he has to make that catch or, at worst, knock it down and get one out.
    I love James Loney! My wife always makes fun of me because she says only me and his mom get excited about him. Sure, he's not a power hitter but he hits in the clutch, is always around 90 RBIs and plays good defense. I do overvalue him though. He's on my fantasy team, of course (me and his mom!) and I have a problem benching him. I put him in the other day over Adam Dunn and paid for it when Dunn hit a home run and had like 4 RBIs!
  • phardinphardin Posts: 133
    Sorry guys, I can't get on this site at work.

I'll take the brewers and blue jays.

1- phardin - phillies
    2- poncier - red sox
    3- no code - yankers
    4- ed - white sox
    5- fixer - braves
    6- juggler - Giants
    7- rrivers - Rangers
    8- rrivers - Dodgers
    9- juggler - twins
    10- fixer - Reds
    11- ed - Cardinals
    12- no code - Rockies
    13- poncier - Angels
    14- phardin - blue jays
    15- phardin - brewers
    16- poncier
    17- no code
    18- ed
    19- fixer
    20- juggler
    21- rrivers
    22- rrivers
    23- juggler
    24- fixer
    25- ed
    26- no code
    27- poncier
    28- phardin
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    what is the world record for longest draft ever?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

With the 16th pick in the 2011 PJDGBL draft, Poncier selects...The Detroit Tigers
    1- phardin - phillies
    2- poncier - red sox
    3- no code - yankers
    4- ed - white sox
    5- fixer - braves
    6- juggler - Giants
    7- rrivers - Rangers
    8- rrivers - Dodgers
    9- juggler - twins
    10- fixer - Reds
    11- ed - Cardinals
    12- no code - Rockies
    13- poncier - Angels
    14- phardin - blue jays
    15- phardin - brewers
    16- poncier - Tigers
    17- no code
    18- ed
    19- fixer
    20- juggler
    21- rrivers
    22- rrivers
    23- juggler
    24- fixer
    25- ed
    26- no code
    27- poncier
    28- phardin
    Want to go with the Cubbies, but $350 tells me to go with the Rays.

I take Tampa Bay Rays.
    Hopefully Ed picks tonight. I'm gonna be on the road all day for work tomorrow, so I'm not going to be able to pick until the evening.