Options

Question: LAX to Arlington Theatre

McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Anyone care to offer a realistic drive time beginning at 7:00 PM Thursday from LAX to Arlington Theatre, Santa Barbara?
Basically, my flight is scheduled to arrive at LAX just before 7:00 PM, what are my hopes for adding the Santa Barbara show into my itinerary?
thanks so much
mcjuicy
buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,431
    McJuicy wrote:
    Anyone care to offer a realistic drive time beginning at 7:00 PM Thursday from LAX to Arlington Theatre, Santa Barbara?
    Basically, my flight is scheduled to arrive at LAX just before 7:00 PM, what are my hopes for adding the Santa Barbara show into my itinerary?
    thanks so much
    mcjuicy

That could be difficult.....too many variables, such as late arriving flight, time to get rental car, luggage, etc. Depending on traffic, it could be over 2 hours of driving from LAX To SB.
  • Options
    It's going to take you at least 3 hours to go from LAX to Santa Barbara, even if you eliminate the time it takes you to depart the plane, get your rental car, etc.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    w/o traffic (main variable) it takes me 1.5 - 2hrs to get from SB to LAX.

you should try to get an earlier flight.
  • Options
    thanks for the responses, i kinda figured that i was shit outta luck for this show - i booked the cheapest flight i could find, and will therefore be content attending both la shows rather than being greedy and goin for 3 - thanks again
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,431
    McJuicy wrote:
    thanks for the responses, i kinda figured that i was shit outta luck for this show - i booked the cheapest flight i could find, and will therefore be content attending both la shows rather than being greedy and goin for 3 - thanks again

Imagine how stressful the flight would be if you knew you had a show to make right after you landed!
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I was nervous leaving Westlake (about 60 mins from Santa Barbara) at about 3:00pm to make the show "what if the car breaks down!" (ha) - couldn't imagine the stress of getting off a plane at 7:00 - I do believe you could do it in about 100 mins on a Thursday nite though. Prob will be getting off the plane and luggage, etc. Could easily be 7:45 by the time you get out of the airport...makes me nervous even thinking about it!
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,554
    Also, there is the Valley traffic on the 101 sitting in your way. Any way to switch it to a Wednesday flight?
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    Ya man. You need to get in earlier. Thats gonna eff you in the b if you try and do that. Your gonna show up ten minutes after everyone gets thier mind blown.

You got a broken rig. You best do sumfin difrent.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    McJuicy wrote:
    thanks so much
    mcjuicy

four words:

NO WAY IN HELL

:D
  • Options
    You gonna screw yourself bro. Get an earlier flight...or a delorian or something. That aint gonna work. Might as well do this...http://youtube.com/watch?v=FM7Rpf1x7RU
  • Options
    i see the last 6 respondents did not see my reply after the first few posts, anyhow, thanks for all the input, it is appreciated
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    McJuicy wrote:
    i see the last 6 respondents did not see my reply after the first few posts, anyhow, thanks for all the input, it is appreciated

i saw it but i had to add my worthless 2 cents...;) :D
  • Options
    McJuicy wrote:

Mr. Juicy,

I just think its gonna be too much of a crunch. I think you should try something else. Hope this helps. Sorry no one barely responded with any advice.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Also, there is the Valley traffic on the 101 sitting in your way. Any way to switch it to a Wednesday flight?
    the 101 is by far the worst and theres nooooo freeing up of traffic til like......well, no theres not! :D
    THINK POSITIVE McJuicy.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    i was going to say that you are going to be screwed, but it is a smart idea to take that one off your list.
    Recording Artist Coalition 2002, Irvine 6/2/03, Irvine 6/3/03, San Diego 6/5/03, San Diego 7/7/06, LA 7/9/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/01/09, LA 10/6/09, LA 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 11/24/13, Seattle 12/6/13
  • Options
    what's the pacific coast hwy all about? i'm going to be flying into LAX and traveling to SB as well...never have been out there, would that be the "scenic" route?
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • Options
    what's the pacific coast hwy all about? i'm going to be flying into LAX and traveling to SB as well...never have been out there, would that be the "scenic" route?

you can take pch from santa monica to camarillo and then hop on the 101. you drive along the coast through malibu. its a longer drive, more scenic, pretty cool but you could get lost if you aren't w/a local.

the direct route is the 405 to the 101.
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    the 101 is by far the worst and theres nooooo freeing up of traffic til like......well, no theres not! :D
    THINK POSITIVE McJuicy.

the 405 is worster.

viva la 101!

take a drive baby up the coast, yea highway 101
    i’ll pass Ventura and Santa Barbara too, just as fast as my motor runs
    gotta pocket full of memories, some happy and some are sad
    gotta girl standin’ by my side through the good times and the bad
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,554
    the 405 is worster.

viva la 101!

Adeline, the 101 where you live is a different animal than the crap 101 we have down here.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    the 405 is worster.

viva la 101!

Basic Rule of Thumb:
    The most beautiful road in California on a nice day... become your worst nightmares in bad weather or traffic conditions.
    Example... NEVER get caught on Highway 1 through Big Sur when it is rainning... at night. Same goes for the road to Tahoe that goes through Placerville during a snow storm... at night. And I've been caught on U.S. 101 on that 7 mile stretch with no exits along the cliffs when it was shut down because of some fool hang glider that crashed on the hillside they shut it down to land the MedEvac helicopter on the road.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Adeline, the 101 where you live is a different animal than the crap 101 we have down here.
    Like the 101 between the Four Level, through the Cahuenga Pass and West towards Topanga? Maybe it looks so crappy is because we travel along that 20 or so miles at an average speed of 6 miles an hour.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options

point taken.
  • Options
    just want to point out that the weather in April is always amazing. there should be no problems. but just to repeat, no way you get to SB if you land at LAX a half hour before showtime. but you could meet us for drinks after the show.
  • Options

Scenic? Yes and No. From the end of the 10 freeway up until Pt. Mugu, very scenic. From Pt. Mugu/Port Hueneme (SP?) through Oxnard, not scenic. From Oxnard/Ventura to Santa Barbara, very scenic. I don't have all the miles mapped out, but probably 75% scenic, 25% not scenic.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river