Goals...

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Well, it's that time of year again here at work. Time to establish "goals" for this year to be reviewed at the end of the year.

Isn't it obvious I have no goals here? If I do, here they are:

- Get a paycheck just to pay bills, and then pick up some beer.
- Take an hour and a half lunch when clocking out for only 30 mins. :twisted:
- Successfully sleep under my desk ala George Costanza.

Yeah, I'm a go-getter alright. :thumbup:

What are your "career" goals this year? :roll:
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I'll have to check my portfolio :lol:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'll have to check my portfolio :lol:

:lol:

Is it in a regular manila folder, or the fancy accordian style?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • 1. Continue to arrive around 30 minutes after the day starts
    2. Continue to take an hour and a half lunch
    3. Continue to do absolutely nothing work related on thursday and friday
    4. Continue to get paid.
    5. Continue to use said pay to purchase plenty of beer.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    1. Continue to arrive around 30 minutes after the day starts
    2. Continue to take an hour and a half lunch
    3. Continue to do absolutely nothing work related on thursday and friday
    4. Continue to get paid.
    5. Continue to use said pay to purchase plenty of beer.

I want to get transferred to your department. Having you as a cube neighbor would severly damage my productivity, which is also a key goal of mine this year.

I'd like to be a inefficient as possible.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • I've come to be quite good at it. I work at a weekly newspaper....paper goes to press Wednesday morning...and I'm pretty much done with work until the next monday aside from going to games to take pictures.

Just five employees and the owner here....the head editor is a tight ass but the owner is pretty much like me, doesn't much give a shit. I pretty much do as I please. Actually, I think I am about to check out about 40 minutes early

Hell, DC, we've even got a couple couches and big screen tv in the back....you wouldn't have to sleep up under your desk....i'll put in a good word for you

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    1.Make more money while still only working a 2-3 day week.
    2.Try not to cause bodily harm to student when he asks, "What is it like being as fat and ugly as you?"
    3. Find new and inventive ways to make it seem like me and said student are accomplishing work while he refuses to accomplish anything, so I continue to make more $.
    I've come to be quite good at it. I work at a weekly newspaper....paper goes to press Wednesday morning...and I'm pretty much done with work until the next monday aside from going to games to take pictures.

Just five employees and the owner here....the head editor is a tight ass but the owner is pretty much like me, doesn't much give a shit. I pretty much do as I please. Actually, I think I am about to check out about 40 minutes early

Hell, DC, we've even got a couple couches and big screen tv in the back....you wouldn't have to sleep up under your desk....i'll put in a good word for you
    If this is legit, I want a job. I'll cover my moving costs. Whatever it takes, if I can work at this heaven I'm in.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    guitar59 wrote:
    2.Try not to cause bodily harm to student when he asks, "What is it like being as fat and ugly as you?"

What a shit head.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    I've come to be quite good at it. I work at a weekly newspaper....paper goes to press Wednesday morning...and I'm pretty much done with work until the next monday aside from going to games to take pictures.

If this is legit, I want a job. I'll cover my moving costs. Whatever it takes, if I can work at this heaven I'm in.
    :lol: There's two problems though: 1. The Pay Sucks though it is better than nothing. 2. The boss is bad about "forgetting" payday a day or two.
    Other than that....pretty much is heaven. Hell, we close up wednesday afternoons too

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I just did my development plan. It was a bunch of blah blah blah bullshit.

I have a pretty sweet corporate job right now. Good Pay, Busy all year round, overtime during the "busy season" and I "work" from home 3 days a week.
  • WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128

im in print as well, and with work ethic like that, its no wonder so many papers are folding.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

:lol: There's two problems though: 1. The Pay Sucks though it is better than nothing. 2. The boss is bad about "forgetting" payday a day or two.
    Other than that....pretty much is heaven. Hell, we close up wednesday afternoons too

I'm ready to book my flight, what city? :lol: :P
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    Anyone see the goal by Pasil for Czech Republic vs Spain? It was awesome :lol::lol::lol:

Be able to grow facial hair would be a goal that is out of reach at the moment :(
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
    manutd3581 wrote:
    Be able to grow facial hair would be a goal that is out of reach at the moment :(
    I'm going to need justification and an action plan for this goal, employee # 42586
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    manutd3581 wrote:
    Anyone see the goal by Pasil for Czech Republic vs Spain? It was awesome :lol::lol::lol:

There's a Trick to that, Pm me and i'll tell ya :twisted:
    WaveRyder wrote:

im in print as well, and with work ethic like that, its no wonder so many papers are folding.

I see a paper-boy showdown comin' :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    You'll want to fly into Jackson, Mizzip....I'll pick you up....try to make it thursday or friday...so as not to mess up my wednesday afternoon off :lol:

dcfaithful wrote:
    You'll want to fly into Jackson, Mizzip....I'll pick you up....try to make it thursday or friday...so as not to mess up my wednesday afternoon off :lol:
    Sweet, I'm Southbound again.

Seriously though.... ya'll hiring? :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    manutd3581 wrote:

Im pretty nifty with the footy myself. But that left was sick. Sorry Casillas hahaha
    MSG II 5/21/10
    *formerly manutd3581
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    my goal is to have 10,000 posts by PJ20....I could have aimed for more posts than dimi...but he deserves to stay #1... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    manutd3581 wrote:
    manutd3581 wrote:

Im pretty nifty with the footy myself. But that left was sick. Sorry Casillas hahaha

i was refering to the growing of facial hair
    There's a Trick to that, Pm me and i'll tell ya :twisted:[/quote]
    Im pretty nifty with the footy myself. But that left was sick. Sorry Casillas hahaha[/quote]

i was refering to the growing of facial hair[/quote]
    god damnit wheres the love for the FOOTY!?

and btw, im considering rogaine for my face
    MSG II 5/21/10
    *formerly manutd3581
    RKCNDY wrote:
    my goal is to have 10,000 posts by PJ20....I could have aimed for more posts than dimi...but he deserves to stay #1... :lol:

You better start posting at a higher rate. Talk to Bubbles about some pointers, his count has increased pretty rapidly.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    manutd3581 wrote:
    I'd research clinical study results if I were you. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

:lol: Truthfully, I'm guessing not. I've been here 10 years....when I came there were nine employees.
    One moved....I stepped into his role as sports editor.
    One died....was not replaced.
    Another moved....was not replaced.
    Another retired.....was not replaced.

Boss has got to have his toys....he can't be worried with paying too many groveling souls :lol:

dcfaithful wrote:
    manutd3581 wrote:
    I'd research clinical study results if I were you. :lol:

I'm in college, and i got NOTHIN!!! I've had people ask me how i got to campus!!!!
    MSG II 5/21/10
    *formerly manutd3581
    dcfaithful wrote:

:lol: Truthfully, I'm guessing not. I've been here 10 years....when I came there were nine employees.
    One moved....I stepped into his role as sports editor.
    One died....was not replaced.
    Another moved....was not replaced.
    Another retired.....was not replaced.

Boss has got to have his toys....he can't be worried with paying too many groveling souls :lol:

All I ask for is a lateral salary move... and decent coffee.

I can't handle the motor oil that this place has been serving since I got here 4 years ago.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    goals :lol:

i've not had a review since 2008.

haven't had to write goals since 2009

my last company started doing self reviews my last year. i wrote it in Jimmy (seinfeld) style. couple months later i resigned. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

You better start posting at a higher rate. Talk to Bubbles about some pointers, his count has increased pretty rapidly.

newbie threads
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bubbles wrote:
    goals :lol:

i've not had a review since 2008.

haven't had to write goals since 2009

my last company started doing self reviews my last year. i wrote it in Jimmy (seinfeld) style. couple months later i resigned. :lol:

Maybe if I start talking in third person people will stop bothering me and I can have more PJ forum time at work?

You're a corporate inspiration, smoking baby.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL