Options

Archbishop Friedrichshafen

pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Are you kidding me? I was just on TM looking for EV tix, and this is the word i got to type in. This new "plan" of TM to deter scalper programs does nothing but fuck us normal people over even more. Scalpers programs arnt set back at all by these lengthy words, it actually slows us regular people down even more allowing them to scoff up even more tickets.

talk about taking it in the ass!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 236
    they have a button you can click to get a new "word"...i once had to go through 4 "words" in order to get one i could actually read. it was frustrating.
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    Ample Jar wrote:
    they have a button you can click to get a new "word"...i once had to go through 4 "words" in order to get one i could actually read. it was frustrating.

yeah but when your pressed for time, every second counts.
  • Options
    mozettimozetti Posts: 95
    pulaski wrote:
    Are you kidding me? I was just on TM looking for EV tix, and this is the word i got to type in. This new "plan" of TM to deter scalper programs does nothing but fuck us normal people over even more. Scalpers programs arnt set back at all by these lengthy words, it actually slows us regular people down even more allowing them to scoff up even more tickets.

talk about taking it in the ass!

Scalper programs can't read the words, that's why they're used.
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    mozetti wrote:
    Scalper programs can't read the words, that's why they're used.

i think he's/she's just saying that the word "Archbishop Friedrichshafen" is a LITTLE ridiculous.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    stylo17 wrote:
    i think he's/she's just saying that the word "Archbishop Friedrichshafen" is a LITTLE ridiculous.

Agreed, that's fucking nutz!

I gotta tell all my friends that one, pure comedy!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    that is too funny. well, not for you who had to type it in. i once got "the end" kinda spooky...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    The brokers are still getting in there; TM is lying when they say they are stopping them because they are getting some of the profits from the brokers
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    The brokers are still getting in there; TM is lying when they say they are stopping them because they are getting some of the profits from the brokers

There was a show on CBC awhile back where they talked about Ticket brokers. They wanted to find out if those word/image things actually worked. So they went to a university and talked to someone in the computer science department. They gave him their own made up word image thing, and it took him almost no time at all to write a little program to recognize what word was imbedded in the image.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I got this one once:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/Shaaaaron/cumfrey.bmp?t=1207262579
    and found it so amusing, I had to do a screencap of it.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    mozettimozetti Posts: 95
    stylo17 wrote:

Oh, damn. Ok I missed that part of it. Yeah, that's a lot ridiculous.