Options

What is all the ticket bitching about? it was all so easy

pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
edited March 2008 in The Porch
from the same PC, i was able to log in as myself and my buddy and acquire 2 sets of tickets to Camden, DC, both MSG's, Hartford and Mansfield. What super abilities do i have that others done in acquiring tickets? or are they just not as persistent and dont want them as bad?

regardless, if you dont know how to use a computer yet, go ask a 5 year old for help and better luck next year.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    someone had an MSG poll up yesterday, and I think the majority of people who responded went for both MSG 1 and 2 ... and got both ...

there were very few that were shut out of both.

Again, it's not the number of people that complain, it's just how loud they complain ... and it's REALLY loud.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Im with you..

Got myself a pair to Camden, DC, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford & Boston.

Logged out, logged back in as my friend (who couldn't be at a computer), got all the same shows except MSG2 no problem.

No complaints here.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    quickdexquickdex Posts: 44
    pulaski wrote:
    from the same PC, i was able to log in as myself and my buddy and acquire 2 sets of tickets to Camden, DC, both MSG's, Hartford and Mansfield. What super abilities do i have that others done in acquiring tickets? or are they just not as persistent and dont want them as bad?

regardless, if you dont know how to use a computer yet, go ask a 5 year old for help and better luck next year.

Ditto, go VA Beach, Camden, Washington DC, MSG1 and MSG2...

MSG2 was the only one that took awhile (almost 45 minutes) but a little (OK maybe a lot!) persitance paid off...
  • Options
    Im with you..

Got myself a pair to Camden, DC, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford & Boston.

Logged out, logged back in as my friend (who couldn't be at a computer), got all the same shows except MSG2 no problem.

No complaints here.

i honesty think its the last of persistance

and your right...the squeaky wheels always need the grease

Thanks 10C for the TIX, i cant say it didnt go off without a hitch, but i got everything i went for, so thank you!!!
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:

i got but it wasn't easy (and trust me I know how to use a computer). after processing my credit card, it told me I wasn't logged in (meanwhile clearly stated "you are logged in as..." right next to it, then it told me cookies weren't enabled (they were), then come to find out, the first time the order actually went through to my profile, so I kept trying and freaking out because it kept telling me I already had tickets!
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:
    i honesty think its the last of persistance

and your right...the squeaky wheels always need the grease

Thanks 10C for the TIX, i cant say it didnt go off without a hitch, but i got everything i went for, so thank you!!!

not to sound like a whiner..but even you guys who got tickets, must concede that the system/server/whatever may require upgrading. i managed to get DC and Hartford tixs, but had no such luck with either NY shows. i clicked and refreshed and clicked non stop for 45mins both times; so surely it doesnt come down to purely persistance??
    'we were coming close to being on lunchboxes'- e.v 2000
  • Options
    leadbedr10leadbedr10 Posts: 409
    I know right???

I had no problems getting tampa, wpb, sc, or vb!!! ;):)
  • Options
    not to sound like a whiner..but even you guys who got tickets, must concede that the system/server/whatever may require upgrading. i managed to get DC and Hartford tixs, but had no such luck with either NY shows. i clicked and refreshed and clicked non stop for 45mins both times; so surely it doesnt come down to purely persistance??

ive gotten 7 shows in 03, 4 in 04, 2 in 05, 13 in 06, the vic in 07, 6 EV shows in 08, and 6 PJ in 08. never got shut out of one show? is that just pure luck? i dont think so, no one is that lucky
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    msg 2 was a bit of a mess yesterday, but I eventually got them. msg 1 took maybe five minutes.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:
    ive gotten 7 shows in 03, 4 in 04, 2 in 05, 13 in 06, the vic in 07, 6 EV shows in 08, and 6 PJ in 08. never got shut out of one show? is that just pure luck? i dont think so, no one is that lucky

ok, so whats your secret?? 'give away secrets of the trade' as stone would say...least i think thats the quote.
    'we were coming close to being on lunchboxes'- e.v 2000
  • Options
    beezbeez Posts: 22
    Are you fuckin' kidding me? I tried for both MSG's for 45 minutes. For the first MSG I clicked BUY at 9:00:45, verified my Billing address and then the system shut down on me and I could not even get back into the Goods section until about 9:25am, where I clicked away until it said Sold Out at about 9:45am. The second MSG as soon as 11:00 hit, I clicked on Tickets in the Goods section and the system crashed again and I could not get back until about 11:30 with no luck again. If you read these posts, I think more people got shut out of MSG, than got tickets!
  • Options
    Rory1223Rory1223 Posts: 46
    So those who got tickets think that those who didn't just
    didn't try hard enough or don't have any computer skills?
    How long does one have to try to get tickets after the
    site tells you "out of stock" and the entire show's link is
    removed? And this is after you actually had tickets and the system
    crashed while you were putting in your credit card info and
    then you couldnt get back in for 45 minutes? Not sure why
    those who were lucky they got tickets just aren't happy
    with that fact. Be happy you got tickets and quit with the
    snide superior comments. It just fans the frustration.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,509
    pulaski wrote:

You are the luckiest person on the planet.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I absolutely hate posts like this...good for you. You got them, but a lot of people didn't. Congrats, you're a genius and other people are retarded. My god, you got the tickets, you gotta piss on the people who are upset they didn't get theirs? There were fundamental server problems which screwed people trying. It's the luck of the draw plain and simple. But don't insult people.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    pulaski wrote:

We got tickets ok, but my brother who is way more nerdier and more in the know than i'll ever be with computers, got shut out. Pretty sure he knows how to use a computer and pretty sure he wanted them just as bad as me.
    But hey, if making a post like you just did makes you feel like you are really, really clever, then good luck with that.
  • Options
    RubRub Posts: 39
    mjb wrote:
    I absolutely hate posts like this...good for you. You got them, but a lot of people didn't. Congrats, you're a genius and other people are retarded. My god, you got the tickets, you gotta piss on the people who are upset they didn't get theirs? There were fundamental server problems which screwed people trying. It's the luck of the draw plain and simple. But don't insult people.

This thread is either knowlingly or unkowingly offensive to fans like me who spent hours trying to get tickets unsuccessfully yesterday.

Also, for those who have been in 10c as long as me and never had to worry about getting tickets in the past, it calls to question the current way 10c handles the tix. I'm glad you got tix, but please don't rub it in Rub's face.
    9/28/96 Randall's Island - 8/29/98 Camden - 9/11/98 NYC - 8/23/00 & 8/24/00 Jones Beach - 4/30/03 Uniondale - 7/5/03 Camden - 7/8/03 & 7/9/03 MSG - 7/14/03 Holmdel - 10/3/05 Philly - 5/28/06 Camden - 6/1/06 & 6/3/06 E Rutherford - 06/24/08 MSG - 10/30/09 Philly - 5/20/10 MSG - 10/22/13 Philly - 4/29/16 Philly (Ten) - 9/14/22 Camden