Tell me this isnt shady. (corrupt cops)

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I got a call from my father today saying his car was stolen. He was in Newark NJ (of course) Of course I was shocked, (well not shocked that it happened in Newark of course) so he asks me to get into my car and give him the phone # for our insurance so he can sort things out.

I get a call from him about an hour later. They found the car, without rims and tires. They told him its at the impound lot now. Keep in mind this is a 2009 Accord, these cars have computer chips in the keys so any old thief cant just steal them. The impound lot told him that "they found the car without rims and tires so they had to tow it". My father has a friend that is a tow truck driver and he told was told that Newark pays off tow truck drivers to tow random cars to the impound lot where they THEN steal the rims and tires. Then of course the police say it was found that way. That city is so corrupt and fucked that the police system does that.

How do you even tow a car WITHOUT WHEELS ON IT?!?! You can't. They freakin stole my dads car and took the rims off at the lot. Would this hold up in court. Man VS town? My dad knows a great lawyer.

update: It looks like the rims were stolen on site, THEN the police towed it. Except it had no rims on the car. So they dragged the car on its brake rotors onto a flat bed. There are dig marks on the road where it was towed. So the brakes on the car are definitely damaged.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 2273_n.jpg
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I got a call from my father today saying his car was stolen. He was in Newark NJ (of course) Of course I was shocked, (well not shocked that it happened in Newark of course) so he asks me to get into my car and give him the phone # for our insurance so he can sort things out.

I get a call from him about an hour later. They found the car, without rims and tires. They told him its at the impound lot now. Keep in mind this is a 2009 Accord, these cars have computer chips in the keys so any old thief cant just steal them. The impound lot told him that "they found the car without rims and tires so they had to tow it". My father has a friend that is a tow truck driver and he told was told that Newark pays off tow truck drivers to tow random cars to the impound lot where they THEN steal the rims and tires. Then of course the police say it was found that way. That city is so corrupt and fucked that the police system does that.

How do you even tow a car WITHOUT WHEELS ON IT?!?! You can't. They freakin stole my dads car and took the rims off at the lot. Would this hold up in court. Man VS town? My dad knows a great lawyer.

If you believe it and can have enough validity behind some testifying, who knows. Lack of evidence though, especially when you're alleging the "honest" police force?? I dunno man...

After all, a woman did win after burning herself on a hot cup of coffee that wasn't properly indicated. As if we need to be reminded that the coffee we ordered is hot? :roll:

and OJ was found innocent, so ya know... shit CAN happen in a court room.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I agree this sounds shady as hell and you are probubly dead on about how it went down.. But I will say, a flatbed tow truck can tow most anything, rims or not.. they just hook on and drag it up there.. the tell would be if the rotors are all scraped and beat to hell.. If they are, they may have found it with no rims..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I agree this sounds shady as hell and you are probubly dead on about how it went down.. But I will say, a flatbed tow truck can tow most anything, rims or not.. they just hook on and drag it up there.. the tell would be if the rotors are all scraped and beat to hell.. If they are, they may have found it with no rims..

Good point.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906

Thanks. ill have a look at the rotors.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674

Woah this is super shady. I would almost guarantee your suspicions are correct.

They just busted a huge towing scheme down here in Baltimore with the Baltimore police and this one towing company. More that 30 officers were involved with kickbacks, etc. It's definitely plausible in your situation.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... 1376.story
    edited March 2011
    Well I just got back picking my dad up. He showed me the spot wehere he was parked and guess what?

There were scrapes all over the ground with the wheel nuts scattered. So now it looks like someone did steal the rims while it was parked and the cops towed the car. But why the hell would they tow the car without the owner knowing?! Not only that, but now the brakes are most definitely fucked on his car.

heres a pic of the road. Check out that hardcore dig in the road near the bottom left/middle. (pics too big, you gotta copy and paste the link.)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 2273_n.jpg
    Post edited by 12345AGNST1 on
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Its a bad situation all around.. hope your day gets better
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,983
    have it thoroughly inspected for damage , then bill the city. If nothing else, this may effect some policy change. Ok who am I kidding. Any Tv stations do a on the citizens side watchdog kinda thing? Get them involved. Something may happen in your favor.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    have it thoroughly inspected for damage , then bill the city. If nothing else, this may effect some policy change. Ok who am I kidding. Any Tv stations do a on the citizens side watchdog kinda thing? Get them involved. Something may happen in your favor.

Its newark. I dont think a watchdog citizen lookout applies there. that place is full of crime. Plus, we dont live there. (thank god)

We havent even looked at the car. the impound lot was telling my dad they need his insurance cards and all that. Yeah umm... that shit is INSIDE the car. the stuff we need to get the car back is in the car. Makes sense right? The shadiness just keeps coming.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Where are the NWA characters on this forum to rap f*** the police?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i couldn't get past the first two sentences (of course)
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    all i had to do was reading the heading and know this happened in newark
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    There is a scam going on around Baltimore where a bunch of police were caught in a towing scheme.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-towing-corruption-20110223,0,7541376.story
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I would be leery of taking on the cops.... revenge is sweet and way to easy with a badge

everybody gets burned ... most live to tell about it

and what goes around comes around they'll get theirs in the end