10C "random" seating at EV shows

pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
edited February 2008 in The Porch
has anyone gotten any clarification on what they mean by random seating?

does anyone suspect like i do that their "random" seating will be just first come first serve and that there will be lines down the block 8 hours before each show?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• These venus are so small, I don't think a city block is long enough.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    lets hope it's random tickets already in envelopes with our names on them....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • pulaskipulaski Posts: 259

other than that, who wants to line up tomorrow with me for the vancouver show?
    pulaski wrote:
    other than that, who wants to line up tomorrow with me for the vancouver show?

You sure you want to do that? Best bet for me in the past has been through the TM site. I'm not sure if the venue has some set aside or are drawing for the same pool of tickets that the TM site does. You might want to look into before waiting outside a box office.
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114

I think you're probably right but I still want video of the first low number 10 clubber when they open their envelope and find out that they're sitting in the balcony and not on the floor :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    I think you're probably right but I still want video of the first low number 10 clubber when they open their envelope and find out that they're sitting in the balcony and not on the floor :D

we'll find out in Vancouver.... however, these venues are all tiny, so I don't think there will be much complaining about seats...

I've sat in last row in the balcony at the Wiltern for a show in 2002 and I thought those were great....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    chromiam wrote:

hahahaha, that would be priceless. what a taste of humility it will be for them. hope they prepare with a big box of tissues
  • chromiam wrote:

but how will they sustain their imaginary close personal relationships with Eddie?
    MrSmith wrote:
    but how will they sustain their imaginary close personal relationships with Eddie?

classic... so true.... :D
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • MrSmith wrote:
    hehehehehehehe................

that was good.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • gohikegohike Posts: 31
    pulaski wrote:
    has anyone gotten any clarification on what they mean by random seating?

does anyone suspect like i do that their "random" seating will be just first come first serve and that there will be lines down the block 8 hours before each show?

I've lived thru the waiting in line at 6am for an 8pm show (anyone else remember 2003? After 13 shows I was ready to swallow a bullit. Especially when you were in a foreign town and instead of site seeing (or sleeping), you were getting in line only to find people crashed in sleeping bags from the night before.

I'm guessing the 10c had maybe 10% of the capacity of the venue for presales? Anyone confirm/deny? Which w/ my state university education, would put me in the first 7 rows at the Civic, regardless of my 10c # (130###). Furthermore, I'm guessing it's going to be a sit down show, so my 6'2" body should see just fine!
  • gohike wrote:
    I've lived thru the waiting in line at 6am for an 8pm show (anyone else remember 2003? After 13 shows I was ready to swallow a bullit.

Word, that was the worst system ever. Totally ruined the fun of travelling around to all the cites.