Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I always knew there were magnets involved somehow! How many times can the puck hit the post in a game?!
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    I always knew there were magnets involved somehow! How many times can the puck hit the post in a game?!

Fucking Magnets, how do they work?
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    Magnet in the puck attracts it to the metal posts, looks like they put it in the ice tonight to test it out.
    But in all seriousness, the puck either got some spin when it grazed Quick's pad, or it just hit a rut in the ice. Goalies like their creases nice and carved up.
  • WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    MFCarissa wrote:
    But in all seriousness, the puck either got some spin when it grazed Quick's pad, or it just hit a rut in the ice. Goalies like their creases nice and carved up.

the puck changed direction in mid air. There was no rut or graze. It was a ghost. :lol:
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    call me crazy but i almost think there is something there, whether intentional or not. it looks like it hits something and deflects away. even spinning it wouldn't go to a 90 degree angle like that. and it goes almost perfectly straight across and not at an angle. something fishy there in my mind. absolutely wild for sure.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    I've watched this 30 times....I don't get it. my best guess is a rut in the ice, but it looks like the puck is in mid air. I'm so confused.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm going with the goalie stick
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    The puck wasn't on the ground when it hit the goalie. It bounced off the top of his pad by his inner thigh/knee area and deflected on to the ice causing the change in direction...watch it again...if the camera angle was at ice level, it would be visible....just saying...
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Bubbles wrote:

+1
    I think the puck rolled up the pad and the stick acted like a rail that the puck slid along...kept watching the overhead shot over and over
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Bubbles wrote:

+1
    I think the puck rolled up the pad and the stick acted like a rail that the puck slid along...kept watching the overhead shot over and over

it doesn't change direction though until about 2 feet after it supposedly hits the stick.

edit: if you freeze it it hits the stick at the 6 second mark but doesn't begin to change direction until the 7 second mark, clearly after it would supposedly hit the stick. fascinating stuff
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I am dumbfounded by this...
    Someone contact Myth Busters.
    This is madness!!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    rut in the ice kids...with a little spin
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    The Goalies a Jedi
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    MFCarissa wrote:
    I know close to nothing about hockey, but would that be considered illegal??
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

Every goalie skates back and forth in their crease at the start of the period to create some friction. Something like this happening really isn't a concern; It's a freak thing.
    MFCarissa wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

Every goalie skates back and forth in their crease at the start of the period to create some friction. Something like this happening really isn't a concern; It's a freak thing.

Thanks for clarifying. It sounded like something that might be considered illegal...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    edited March 2011
    The puck wasn't on the ground when it hit the goalie. It bounced off the top of his pad by his inner thigh/knee area and deflected on to the ice causing the change in direction...watch it again...if the camera angle was at ice level, it would be visible....just saying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQEKUcSE ... re=related

Pucks in the air when it hits his pad, which deflects it into the ice where it ricochets.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    my boy johnny quick is a jedi!

GO KINGS GO!!

:mrgreen:
    norm wrote:

GO KINGS GO!!

As long as it's not the Lakers! :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

GO KINGS GO!!

13-1 since the all star break but that's for another thread ;) :P
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

GO KINGS GO!!

13-1 since the all star break but that's for another thread ;) :P

At least I won't have to sit through yet another loss to you in the playoffs. :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL

Pucks in the air when it hits his pad, which deflects it into the ice where it ricochets.

I don't know. watching it and stopping it from the center ice camera sure looks like it is along the ice the whole time. not sure how it would ricochet at an almost perfect 90 degree angle
    pjhawks wrote:

I don't know. watching it and stopping it from the center ice camera sure looks like it is along the ice the whole time. not sure how it would ricochet at an almost perfect 90 degree angle

that's why we need another angle...funny how we can't find one anywhere... :lol:
    that's why we need another angle...funny how we can't find one anywhere... :lol:

it's fascinating as heck though. i've watched those 2 clips like 50 times and still is baffling.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id-BoyJdfqI&NR=1

SEEEE....watch the slow motion of the ice level camera angle @ 20 seconds in.