Greg Anderson: Loyal? Or Stupid?

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Personally, I think it's ridiculous that our government is still wasting tax dollars on this Barry Bonds trial.

One thing that does amaze me is GA's Loyalty to Barry. I also can't help thinking that Bonds is just swindling this guy and taking advantage of him. I wonder if there will be fallout in 5/6 years then the truth comes out.

They must have had a long talk before this all happened. He's been jailed 5 times already.

ESPN article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6249422
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,808
    Clemens wishes he had friends like that.
    I miss igotid88
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,044
    It's ridiculous.. I'm a Giants fan, saw Bonds play many of times, but this is just stupid and old.. What is the point of all these trials? Of course he took roids, (guilty till proven innocent) what are we trying to solve here, so someone can say I told you so? What a waste of money and time, who gives a shit anymore about all of this besides the guy who wants to say I told you so...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,808
    Attaway77 wrote:
    It's ridiculous.. I'm a Giants fan, saw Bonds play many of times, but this is just stupid and old.. What is the point of all these trials? Of course he took roids, (guilty till proven innocent) what are we trying to solve here, so someone can say I told you so? What a waste of money and time, who gives a shit anymore about all of this besides the guy who wants to say I told you so...

I think it's about perjury now.
    I miss igotid88
  • for me bonds has always been the devil. i was and still am a supporter of mcgwire. i said it before and i;ll say it again, i genuinely feel mcgwire feels horrible and probably cant sleep because of what he feels he's done, and the effect he had on kids, to make steroids cool and the deaths that resulted.

With bonds, I really dont think he gives a damn if kids died. i dont think he feels he tarnished the game. I do think mcgwire although he may not admit it, feels like he let everyone down, his family, his kids, the maris family, baseball in general, the public, and I feel like this weighs on him heavily. He's an emotional and sensitive guy and I picked up on this from the start, even back during the home run chase of 98. Bonds has no soul. You think he feels one iota of guilt and shame about all this? The fact he accepted the "award" of home run king knowing he had gotten it falsely? Bonds will go to his grave saying he didnt do anything wrong and thats sad as hell, and gross.

And honestly, the argument that everyone used so its all a wash is silly. Not everyone used. as a straight edger myself, i know im in the minority, but i know there are lots of people who dont use as well. its a disservice to everyone who was clean and had amazing seasons and stats and careers, to just say. "oh everyone used, so it doesnt really matter". Junior never used. and he put out insane numbers. he's easily the best home run hitter of our generation.

i can understand the extreme pressure these guys felt, to be huge hitters and the fact they knew alot of their teammates and rivals were using and becoming heroes and legends by using steroids, but one has to commend and bow down to the folks, the players who despite it all, despite the peer pressure and the greed and the fame, they refused to take steroids, and they were left in the dust as a result. They hit maybe 40 homers instead of 73, or whatever, but they were far more graceful and ethical than bonds or mcgwire or any of those guys. Those are the true heroes.
  • Personally, I think it's ridiculous that our government is still wasting tax dollars on this Barry Bonds trial.

One thing that does amaze me is GA's Loyalty to Barry. I also can't help thinking that Bonds is just swindling this guy and taking advantage of him. I wonder if there will be fallout in 5/6 years then the truth comes out.

They must have had a long talk before this all happened. He's been jailed 5 times already.

ESPN article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6249422

there are many people like anderson though. we know that the mitchell report indicated alot of players used. who supplied those players with those steroids? There have been rumors and innuendo of using steroids for a long time now, but it wasnt until mcgwire and andro in 1998 or so that people starting discussing it. people were using before mcgwire? Who supplied mcgwire? Who supplied Palmiero? Giambi? A-Rod? etc...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    greg anderson is fn stupid.

as for bonds and why this is going on it's simple, don't lie to the feds. the feds don't mess around with perjury, whether it's barry bonds or joe blow.
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    I'm sure he is being well compensated for his loyalty. the governement should just drop the case, wasting too much money and he is already guilty in the court of public opinion, and will be forever