Winshield Rock Chip Repair

RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anybody do this? I have a rock chip in the winshield and it started cracking, so better take care of it now before it spiders all the way across.

Went to a guy parked in the parking lot with his little tent and he said $40 cash. Just went to Safelite.com and got quoted $119.95 :shock: :o My friend just replaced the entire winshield in his truck for $135. WTF? Can't be THAT much to squirt some polymer crap in a chip can it?
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    that sucks. here in massachusetts our insurance company pays for windshield repair, and they can't charge a deductible.
  • As long as it was a crack under 6 inches, my insurance company sent someone out to do the repair for free.
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    sounds way too much and if it already started spidering...youre fucked. best thing is to fix em before they spider....shoulda got this done on my windshield....too lat ehtough
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    insurance varies, but give them a call.

if'ts it's cracked, you'll need to replace. it'll cost a couple hundred. call around, because prices vary widely. i laughed at one guy when he game me a quote.

in my case, chips would be fixed for free, cracks i have to pay the deductable, so it's just better to do it out of pocket.

all these places are in bed with insurance companies so they charge what the insurance people will pay.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Here in FL insurance also covers the entire cost with no deductible as well.
    We were but stones your light made us stars