Does Anyone Here Use A.....

g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
.....Electric toothbrush? For some time I noticed that my wealthy clients only using these brushes, so I bought a set. I can't believe how well they work, I find myself brushing my teeth much longer than the 2 minutes each time my dentist requires. Most times almost 5 minutes and they feel like I just came from the dentist.

How many of you use a electric toothbrush and if you do.....do you think they work better than non electric kind?

peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,988
    Philips Sonicare. THE best brush ever.
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Philips Sonicare. THE best brush ever.

+1 on the Sonicare

Used one of the old Eseries for almost 8 years and finally upgraded to the pro series about 3 weeks ago. Even have my wife using one now too. Hell of an electric brush.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    and the sonic care rocks...been using one for 5 years
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I use one too! I used to brush my gums way too hard...but I'm cured now :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Haven't used a regular toothbrush for 9 years.

But you shouldn't brush your teeth beyond 2 minutes, it wears away your enamel
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    What's the sonicare run you these days?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    metsfan wrote:
    norm wrote:

wow already? it's only been a few months!

What are you suggesting? That an electric toothbrush doesn't enhance the experience? You know it does, silly.
    i think he was suggesting something else that vibrates. ya know something thats used in the bed. ;);)

So not teeth??? Norm, that pervert.
  • Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    Yep. Vibrating things are great :D The sonicare is good but I think the Rotadent is even better. And you shouldn't brush them for 5 minutes, you'll end up damaging your teeth.
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    I have been using an electric toothbrush for a long time...
    only downfall

sometimes it makes your nose itch!!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Yep, I love my electric toothbrush. Been using one for six or seven years now. Will never go back.

Side note, I now find it really strange seeing people in movies and on TV brushing their teeth the old-fashioned way :? :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Haven't used a regular toothbrush for 9 years.
    Me too.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Been using an electric toothbrush for many years,will not go back to manual.Even when on holiday or overnight I hate having to use a manual.Teeth never feel as clean.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    g under p wrote:
    .....Electric toothbrush? For some time I noticed that my wealthy clients only using these brushes, so I bought a set. I can't believe how well they work, I find myself brushing my teeth much longer than the 2 minutes each time my dentist requires. Most times almost 5 minutes and they feel like I just came from the dentist.

How many of you use a electric toothbrush and if you do.....do you think they work better than non electric kind?

peace

My daughter went to the dentist still covered by our dental plan but with my credit card on file for the co pay.

She mentions she got a toothbrush that she paid for ...
    I'm thinking they charge now for the free toothbrushes ...
    geez
    few days later she says.." Mom I really love my new toothbrush thanks!" :?

Mmmmm... did I miss something?...wheels turning now

'how much was this toothbrush??'

"$140!" :o :shock:

"Well, they said I really needed it Mom"

chalk that one up to experience

and yes I guess they must work better and they should for $140!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    pandora wrote:
    My daughter went to the dentist still covered by our dental plan but with my credit card on file for the co pay.

geez

Lesson learnt! :lol:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Yes - I do - I love my Braun.... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    I use a Braun one.

And when I have to leave for two or three days and I have to use a regular one, I really feel the difference.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Bought my Braun/Oral-B for $80...10 years ago (now they can cost as little as $40-50)
    Dentist and hygenist said my teeth were so much more cleaner, and less plaque
    My hygenist actually 'looks' for stuff to work on, otherwise I'd spend less time in the chair.
    My nose doesn't tickle anymore, but try to read the TV guide while brushing, your eyes will go buggy.
    If I had a Sonicare, my dentist would provide me with replacement heads.
    I would never go back to a regulat brush.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,014
    Posts deleted. Please respect topic integrity by not derailing discussions from the original poster’s intent (OP).
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    pandora wrote:
    g under p wrote:

peace

geez

I picked up a set from BJ's for $100 plus $30 for a set 10 extra brushes. My daughter loves it and I now see her brushing more often and i don't have to stay on her to brush her teeth spotless. The Oral B with 3 different settings is a real kool set. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    What the hell is a toothbrush?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    A lot of dentists don't like them. I used to be a dental assisstant, and the dentist I worked with didn't like them as most people a. don't use them properly and b. think that because they use one thats enough.
    I do have one but I don't use it much, as I like the routine of flossing and brushing old school.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    nuffingman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

geez

Lesson learnt! :lol:
    I'm buying one!!! :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    My brother in law is a dentist, and recommended to me a few years back to use one. i've been using a Crest SpinBrush for two years now, and love it. When i travel, I don't take it, and I don't feel like my teeth are as clean.
    "It's all happening"