Moving to The Lake Of The Ozarks!!

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok so I have been stuck in a really stupid situation for like the lasttwo months.. And I have an opportunity to get the FUCK out!!! Soooooo I'm going!! And if anyone has ever read my profile, the part that says I'm a fun loving Nature Freak, is pretty much an understatement!! So for me to be getting to SEE The Lake of The Ozarks would have been an absolute TREAT!! But to get to LIVE there, well holy fucking shit, I'm thinking I died went to Heaven!! I looked it up online the other day, and it is sooo beautiful, and I absolutely LOVE the little town I'll be moving to! I can't wait to get a job down there, and get my Summer to rocking!!! I am pretty much half fish, so living within walking distance TO the lake is a therapy all of its own and I can't wait to go get things rolling along...It may be a minute til I get to get back online, but when I get there and get things settled, I'll be back on here.. I hope the Doggie Thread is still around when I get back online.. Wish me luck fellow Ten Clubbers, I'm going Around The Bend, and I'll be rocking PJ the whole way!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,044
    Right on.. Good for you, chase your dream and make a home out of it.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Ok so I have been stuck in a really stupid situation for like the lasttwo months.. And I have an opportunity to get the FUCK out!!! Soooooo I'm going!! And if anyone has ever read my profile, the part that says I'm a fun loving Nature Freak, is pretty much an understatement!! So for me to be getting to SEE The Lake of The Ozarks would have been an absolute TREAT!! But to get to LIVE there, well holy fucking shit, I'm thinking I died went to Heaven!! I looked it up online the other day, and it is sooo beautiful, and I absolutely LOVE the little town I'll be moving to! I can't wait to get a job down there, and get my Summer to rocking!!! I am pretty much half fish, so living within walking distance TO the lake is a therapy all of its own and I can't wait to go get things rolling along...It may be a minute til I get to get back online, but when I get there and get things settled, I'll be back on here.. I hope the Doggie Thread is still around when I get back online.. Wish me luck fellow Ten Clubbers, I'm going Around The Bend, and I'll be rocking PJ the whole way!!
    good luck with the move. there are some nice areas down there. just a couple of pieces of advice, don't get in the water in party cove. and oh yeah, try to avoid getting hit by the large ocean going boats and scarabs that people think they need on that lake..most people's boats down there cost more than their home and land....aside from that stuff it is a pretty cool place.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Best wishes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Good Luck!!!

and run if you heard banjo music!
    JUST KIDDING!!

I bet it is lovely there! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • I'll be moving to Warsaw, and I've heard lots of crazy shit about how big of a party lake it is down there. Even when I lived in Joplin Mo, I would hear stories about Party Cove. I have always wanted to see Lake of the Ozarks, and now I'
    ll get to wake up and fall asleep to the sight of it...I can't wait to have my first cup of Morning coffee in the Ozarks. I don't know how to explain this, but the first cup of coffee in som new place is a crazy cool feeling. I love it cause it's the same old routine, just in a whole new place..a completely new beginning.
  • peacocoapeacocoa Posts: 46
    ahh!!! i'm jealous. i'm from missouri and miss it so much. my grandparents have a cabin there on the 17th mile marker i think so i've spent a lot of time there. there's a cool place right across the cove called backwater jack's if your ever in that area. good luck!