If you could do one thing to the forum software

13»

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    OPEN LINKS IN NEW TABS/WINDOWS!!!!!

well i found a way to do this...if you're using firefox 4, right click on the tab for the forums and make it an 'app tab'...it shrinks it and puts it at the far left...from then on whenever you click on a link, it will open in a new tab
  • norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

well i found a way to do this...if you're using firefox 4, right click on the tab for the forums and make it an 'app tab'...it shrinks it and puts it at the far left...from then on whenever you click on a link, it will open in a new tab

you can do that anyways....
    instead of clicking the link normally, right click then select "open link in new tab"
    go ahead..try it and enjoy ;):D
    http://youtu.be/AcNjoM3kr8M
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

instead of clicking the link normally, right click then select "open link in new tab"

well yeah i know that :P ...you can also hold ctrl and click and it will do the same thing...i want to just click...the old board software did it and it sucks they won't implement it here
  • norm wrote:

well yeah i know that :P ...you can also hold ctrl and click and it will do the same thing...i want to just click...the old board software did it and it sucks they won't implement it here

ahh. i see. 8-)
    wonder if there is a way to change your browser settings to automatically open in a new tab when u click something. Cuz I do find my self clicking the back button when i forget to right click/open new tab manually...cuz lots o times u want to type your message while watching the video or whatever they linked u to.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,981
    Have an actual thread title search , instead of just keyword search which brings up EVERY POST!!. Make this shit easier for dumbasses like me.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Have an actual thread title search , instead of just keyword search which brings up EVERY POST!!. Make this shit easier for dumbasses like me.

under the search options: search within, click "topic only" and whatever you put in the search will only be searched
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,981
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

under the search options: search within, click "topic only" and whatever you put in the search will only be searched
    Hire Norm, on call 24/7 , to answer computer questions. Make this shit easier for dumbasses like me.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:
    If I'm posting links, i like to make sure they're the right ones....if you forget and just click your link in a post preview, you're fucked....I've lost, and not bothered to re-write, so many posts that way...for someone as yappy as me, it really sucks.
    I agree with pretty much every post in this thread. not turning my avatar off tho :P