Options

*** Ed Tour - Sydney Fanviews Here 03/20/11 ***

Comments

• Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Anyone get a spare poster? I was at the show but missed out! So keen! I have the poster from every show I have been to framed on the wall, but am missing this one! Help me out please!
    x
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    I got to hug the dude Trent who got him to play Forever young. Karma boost for the week

And I swear Eddie saw me dancing behind the last row way at the top.

Saw Arc loop for the first time in NYC a few years back. It just gets better.

Was there with my sister who is visiting australia for the first time and The Who is our dad's favorite band.
    Behind blue eyes come on!!!!!
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    My last show for the tour and what a way to finish!!

Too many highlights for me. City of Ruins, I'm Open, I believe in miracles(included a story of how Ed was in Sydney when he heard that Joey Ramone had died and just went out surfing for a couple of hours singing this song to himself over and over)
    Hide you love, Behind Blues Eyes, Golden State was awesome last night. It's been great before but something about it last night went the extra yard.

I finally had close seats(4th row) and watching Ed do Arc up close made my night.

RITFW Just plain ROCKS!! That and Hard Sun are so good to finish with.

Now a I have to get over my PEVD(Post Eddie Vedder Depression) :(

Thank You Ed for 5 unforgettable nights!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    My city of ruins was magic. So much of last night was, and I could talk about all the songs. But as City of Ruins comes on my itunes, IMO last night was better than when he sang it for Springsteen (and yes, I realise I am probably biased) I must say, I missed the choir in the background, but I think Ed was feeling it more as he dedicated it to Japan.

One of the truly special moments of my 3 concerts and I hope for bootlegs...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Wow! I never thought I'd see such awesome songs!!!!!!!!!!!! Over the three nights my favourites were You're True, Can't Keep (twice!!!!!!!), Driftin', My City of Ruins, Arc, Parting Ways, Immortality, Hide Your Love Away, Long Road Around The Bend, Forever Young, Crazy Mary, Wishlist (also twice) Picture In a Frame, Dead Man (I got goose bumps) etc. Eddie was so funny and really shut up those bogans last night. I love how no one chanted "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.." with that idiot. I met/sat next to some Ten Clubers Jason and Alison on night 1, they were so nice. I got Ten C FRONT ROW tix night two (thankyou sooooooo much). Eddie smiled at me during Hard Sun and then forgot the words. These three days have been so great. I got some pictures from last night but I'm not sure if I should post them cause of the restrictions with photography and recording. Now I just have to get over the Post Show Blues. :cry:
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Behind Blue Eyes was a surprise inclusion that was amazing. The story Ed told before it was priceless.

My City Of Ruins was as touching as it was awesome. And what can be said about Arc.

A night of the highest highlights. Three nights I'n Sydney where you wondered how he could surpass the previous show - yet he managed to. Incredible.

I really hope Ed decides to take many more working holidays down here.
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    So do I. Three more sleeps now and it's our turn. Roll on Melbourne!! :D
  • Options

I really hope Ed decides to take many more working holidays down here.
    Absolutely. I hope "It's on the menu".
  • Options
    jaselynchjaselynch Sydney Posts: 67
    I met/sat next to some Ten Clubers Jason and Alison on night 1
    I would be that Jason. Was awesome meeting you guys too! Wouldn't mind seeing some of those photos ;)
  • Options
    Jaswah wrote:
    I would be that Jason. Was awesome meeting you guys too! Wouldn't mind seeing some of those photos ;)
    I'll send you the link.
  • Options
    slowlukinloverslowlukinlover Sydney, Australia Posts: 6
    Jaswah wrote:
    I'll send you the link.

Can I get the photo link, too please? Couldn't get to this show, sounds like it was the best, Aaaaaaaarghhh!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    JoeyJoJoJoeyJoJo Posts: 35
    So with the report of the Syd 3 Emek poster being the cover for an upcoming Ed DVD, did anyone notice any cameras at the show?

I sat in the stalls at Newcastle and saw the camera at the soundstage but didnt see any from the mezz at Syd 2.
    Luke

Sydney 2 Aust. 1995
    Sydney 1 Aust. 1998
    Sydney 2 Aust. 1998
    Sydney 3 Aust. 1998
    Sydney 1 Aust. 2003
    Sydney 3 Aust. 2003
    Sydney 1 Aust. 2006
    Sydney 2 Aust. 2006
    Newcastle Aust. 2006
  • Options
    One camera that I noticed at all three sydney shows at the sound desk. I presume it is there for all shows..
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    WHIPSONWHIPSON St. Paul Posts: 86
    Great Setlist. Australia has seen some gems!
    Lolla St. Paul 1992
    Minneapolis 1998
    Minneapolis 2003
    St. Paul 2006
    Kansas City 2010
    Wrigley 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Wrigley1 2016
    St. Paul Night 1 2023
    St. Paul Night 2 2023
  • Options
    These shows have been UNREAL. I'm still on a high from the weekend and can't concentrate on anything but my Thursday afternoon flight to Melbourne. Have met so many amazing 10C'ers. EV's performances are so uplifting. I don't think there has ever been a more joyful moment than belting out Hard Sun in these theatres!

Does anyone know if Michael from Scotland is on the pit?
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Jaswah wrote:
    These shows have been UNREAL. I'm still on a high from the weekend and can't concentrate on anything but my Thursday afternoon flight to Melbourne. Have met so many amazing 10C'ers. EV's performances are so uplifting. I don't think there has ever been a more joyful moment than belting out Hard Sun in these theatres!

So jealous of you who are seeing more EV shows. I'm feeling a bit lost at the moment with nothing to look forward to. What's Michael's surname? Was he at Newcastle?
  • Options
    Yah Michael was in Newcastle. Don't know his last name.
  • Options
    Lukin4Lukin4 Posts: 24
    Jaswah wrote:

Drummonkey89...
  • Options
    slowlukinloverslowlukinlover Sydney, Australia Posts: 6
    Pleeeeeeeeaase, Ed - put out bootlegs of these shows!!!!

I don't ever want to forget :clap:
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Lukin4 wrote:
    Jaswah wrote:

Drummonkey89...

I thought it was Drummachine?
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    Lukin4Lukin4 Posts: 24
    Ty wrote:
    Lukin4 wrote:
    Jaswah wrote:

Drummonkey89...

I thought it was Drummachine?

You might be right.... starts in Drum, ends in 89...
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    I wish there were bootlegs, or compilation from those shows.
    Got Arc, finally. Was definitely too short, should be at least 15 minutes longer. :D
    My City of Ruins was great, so was Behind Blue Eyes. Great surprise.
    The guys in the first rows rocked big time, even Eddie seemed amused.
    Interesting how every show is different, not just the setlist, but general atmosphere as well, wish I could travel further to see what's next. Kinda got a taste of it. :)
    At least lots of songs that I saw on this tour are included on Eddie's concert DVD. That will do just nicely.
  • Options
    chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    Behind Blue Eyes was a surprise inclusion that was amazing. The story Ed told before it was priceless.

What was the story? Thanks in advance.
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Jaswah wrote:

I saw a post from drumachine89 last night and couldnt remember who was looking for him...
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,944
    love this setlist
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    OMG the clip of RitFW & Hard Sun has gone from youtube - This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Pearl Jam Ten Club.

Jeez, they're not letting people put anything up. Bummer. So nice to re-live it. :(

Oh & yep Michael was at Newy & he's Drum Machine89.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    green3008green3008 Posts: 10
    I was at the show on Sunday in Sydney. I've never been to anything like this, I had a lump in my throat when he sang Arc, he is so talented! Eddie was in a good mood and was being very funny. It felt like we were all friends sitting in his loungeroom having a sing-along. My only regret is that I wasn't closer to the stage. My dream is to be down the front some day and then after the concert meet Ed himself and shake his hand and thank him for all of the happiness his music has brought to my life. I feel like he is one of my best friends that I haven't met. His tunes are the sound track to my life. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Sunday night was a privelege to witness and I shall remember it for the rest of my life xoxo Sar
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    green3008 wrote:
    I was at the show on Sunday in Sydney. I've never been to anything like this, I had a lump in my throat when he sang Arc, he is so talented! Eddie was in a good mood and was being very funny. It felt like we were all friends sitting in his loungeroom having a sing-along. My only regret is that I wasn't closer to the stage. My dream is to be down the front some day and then after the concert meet Ed himself and shake his hand and thank him for all of the happiness his music has brought to my life. I feel like he is one of my best friends that I haven't met. His tunes are the sound track to my life. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Sunday night was a privelege to witness and I shall remember it for the rest of my life xoxo Sar
    Fabulous 1st post Sar. Glad you had a great time. I wasn't at Sunday, ust Canberra Newy, Sydney 1 & 2 for e which were amazing! Maybe meet you next tourtime. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    chaslil wrote:

he said something like

'I started playing this song when I was 14. I smoked a lot of pot when I was 14 & 15 & 16 & 17 & 18 & 19 & 20 & 21 but then I stopped..... until I was 31'
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    chaslil wrote:

he said something like

'I started playing this song when I was 14. I smoked a lot of pot when I was 14 & 15 & 16 & 17 & 18 & 19 & 20 & 21 but then I stopped..... until I was 31'
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014