our job box got robbed

dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
on wednesday night our job box for robbed. we get into work thursday morning to find out someone cut open the box with a grinder and stole all of our power tools. my pretty much band new dewalt radio was gone. the companys hilti drills, sawzall, coring machine, wirsbo tools... all gone.

it was very depressing. it made me feel sick.

it was someone from the site who did it. how do we know this? because our box was the only one that got hit. pretty convenient that the box that has the most tools, and most expensive tools gets robbed. there was another job box in the same room as ours and it wasn't touched.

a lot of people tell me i'm being an ignorant asshole when i say this (and i'm sure someone will call me that here too) but i'm almost positive it was one of the dry walling crews. 99% of drywalls are the biggest pieces of shit you will ever have to deal with. everything is always fine on site until they show up. next thing you know shit goes missing all the time. its bullshit.

anyways, i hope everything gets replaced soon. especially my radio because i'll go crazy at work with no music.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    that sucks dude...hope you get your shit back
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I take it there are no cameras at the work site?

It sucks when you can't trust the people you work with (assuming you're right about who did it).

Oh, and I would go out of my MIND without my radio at work.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Wonder how all that water got into that stack of drywall? :lol:
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    people suck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,260
    dCowboyPJ wrote:
    on wednesday night our job box for robbed. we get into work thursday morning to find out someone cut open the box with a grinder and stole all of our power tools. my pretty much band new dewalt radio was gone. the companys hilti drills, sawzall, coring machine, wirsbo tools... all gone.

it was very depressing. it made me feel sick.

it was someone from the site who did it. how do we know this? because our box was the only one that got hit. pretty convenient that the box that has the most tools, and most expensive tools gets robbed. there was another job box in the same room as ours and it wasn't touched.

a lot of people tell me i'm being an ignorant asshole when i say this (and i'm sure someone will call me that here too) but i'm almost positive it was one of the dry walling crews. 99% of drywalls are the biggest pieces of shit you will ever have to deal with. everything is always fine on site until they show up. next thing you know shit goes missing all the time. its bullshit.

anyways, i hope everything gets replaced soon. especially my radio because i'll go crazy at work with no music.

I bet your totally correct it was someone that works near by ....People are fucked up
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    That sucks!!!! My step-dad is a sparky and he has had his van broken into twice now and all his tools stolen. He has insurance but it's still a pain in the arse and his premium goes up. They even stole his family photos!!!!!!!!! WTF!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Dude that sucks. I work construction as well and you always have to lock your shit up. I know you did and someone was really intent on breaking into the gangbox. I feel for ya. Those DeWalt radios aint cheap either. Hope you get it back or at least find out for sdure it was them. Then I'd take a black iron pipe with a 90 on it and bash every single fuckin wall they put up.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    youngster wrote:
    Dude that sucks. I work construction as well and you always have to lock your shit up. I know you did and someone was really intent on breaking into the gangbox. I feel for ya. Those DeWalt radios aint cheap either. Hope you get it back or at least find out for sdure it was them. Then I'd take a black iron pipe with a 90 on it and bash every single fuckin wall they put up.

its always fun to wreck drywall when they do something dumb.

like when you tell them not to board a room for a few hours because you need to do something in there and you go for lunch and come back and its boarded.

i don't own a drywall saw for a reason. thats when the hammer comes out. ;)
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    dCowboyPJ wrote:
    youngster wrote:

its always fun to wreck drywall when they do something dumb.

like when you tell them not to board a room for a few hours because you need to do something in there and you go for lunch and come back and its boarded.

i don't own a drywall saw for a reason. thats when the hammer comes out. ;)
    :lol:

Exactly. That happened to my brother once when we worked together. Asked the guy to hold off on a couple of sheets so he could insulate the steam piping. Went to coffee break and came back to find the whole wall was finished. He took his scissor lift and rammed the wall in a few different places, then made about a foot wide hole around the pipes. The guy came back and his jaw hit the floor. Had a few words but the guy actually apologized to my brother. Then he had to fix the wall.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,