Options

Eddie Vedder to play Lolla?

RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
edited March 2008 in The Porch
How about Eddie being the Friday or Saturday night headliner?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    Not gonna happen, I don't think. Let's just see how these solo shows go first.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    That's a pretty bad idea you came up with.
    MUCH rather see Pearl Jam finish off a night than just Eddie.
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,607
    I could see Ed playing for fun, but it would be more like an afternoon or early evening set if he did, not a closing set.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    itd be an afternoon deal like patty smith last year... him alone is DEFINITELY not enough for a headliner... dont see it happening either way
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    TauranTauran Posts: 89
    I went last year, mostly for Pearl Jam, but I loved so many of the acts (discovered alot of new music) and had such a good time that I am definetly going again this year... no matter what bands play. Chicago is a great city and Lollapalooza is a great time.

I have thought about an Eddie solo set at Lolla, and it would fit in well in a late afternoon slot on Friday or Saturday. I would love it.

Oh, and there is one, most likely false rumor off the Lollapalooza message board that is intriguing. A guy was at a show for the band Bang Camaro (who will be at Lolla) and he says that he thinks they were joking around but they mentioned Soundgarden. I know, it's not going to happen, but it would be my Matt Cameron fix. And anyways, Cornell is playing shows in europe this summer.

I just wish he and McBain would at least bring Wellwater Conspiracy to a festival. I want to see Wellwater Conspiracy live ONCE before I kick the bucket. It's on my short list.

hmm,

tauran
    Cleveland '03 -Columbus '03 -Toledo '04 -Cleveland '06 -Pittsburgh '06 -Cincinnati '06 - Chicago '07 - Columbus '10 - Cleveland '10 - Pittsburgh '13 - Cincinnati '14 - Detroit '14 - Lexington '16 - Wrigley '16 - Wrigley '18
  • Options
    Tauran wrote:
    I went last year, mostly for Pearl Jam, but I loved so many of the acts (discovered alot of new music) and had such a good time that I am definetly going again this year... no matter what bands play. Chicago is a great city and Lollapalooza is a great time.

I have thought about an Eddie solo set at Lolla, and it would fit in well in a late afternoon slot on Friday or Saturday. I would love it.

Oh, and there is one, most likely false rumor off the Lollapalooza message board that is intriguing. A guy was at a show for the band Bang Camaro (who will be at Lolla) and he says that he thinks they were joking around but they mentioned Soundgarden. I know, it's not going to happen, but it would be my Matt Cameron fix. And anyways, Cornell is playing shows in europe this summer.

I just wish he and McBain would at least bring Wellwater Conspiracy to a festival. I want to see Wellwater Conspiracy live ONCE before I kick the bucket. It's on my short list.

hmm,

tauran
    agreed! i need to see wellwater live too! all their side projects are amazing and i wish there was a way for them to consistently tour and record without interferring with PJs business...

and if SG gets back together for anything anywhere in the world i WILL BE THERE and i WILL FREAK THE FUCK OUT! :D

• Options
    RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
    I saw Soundgarden in July of 96 playing an outdoor mall venue during the Olympics in ATL and saw them open for GNR in 1992...wow, im getting f'ing old!!.....never the less, they were amazing!!
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    sgossard3 wrote:
    itd be an afternoon deal like patty smith last year... him alone is DEFINITELY not enough for a headliner... dont see it happening either way

Patti Smith played Saturday night last year... Maybe not the final act but it was definitely dark out.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    Patti Smith played Saturday night last year... Maybe not the final act but it was definitely dark out.
    yah... like 2nd or 3rd to last i think... i was just saying definitely not headlining... if he was doing acoustic stuff itd be nice to hear it as the sun was setting :D

• Options
    pjcincipjcinci Posts: 223
    yeh i think i already metioned this in a thread called...

pearl jam to play lolla

i future seeing abilities thought the whole band might be doing it again