Options

Question

RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
edited May 2008 in The Porch
Ok, so dont take this the wrong way..but why do some poeple list on there signatures shows they have not been to yet? I see some people already have the roo shows or msg shows listed as shows they have went to...Just curious..Im a big superstition guy and want to wait until I have 1000% been to the show...lol...just curious though why some are so anxious to list shows they have not attended yet..and I promise im not trying to be a dick, just wanted to see why? thanks..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    haha, I agree that I wouldn't want to put a show I haven't to yet, just incase...

but I think people put it just so others can see what shows they're going to if they wanna meet up or something... I don't know, just a guess.
  • Options
    haha, thats what I worry about as well...I would list the bonnaroo show and something stupid would happen prevenintng me to go..lol..
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    haha, thats what I worry about as well...I would list the bonnaroo show and something stupid would happen prevenintng me to go..lol..
    NOTHING is keeping me away from WPM and Roo :) -knocks on wood-
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Here's a better question: How did you get tickets to SNL?
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    Brez wrote:
    wondering the same
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    :confused:

you're showing where you've been and where you're going..what's wrong with that?
    if shit happens, you just remove it.

..it's bad luck to be superstitious :p
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Ok, so dont take this the wrong way..but why do some poeple list on there signatures shows they have not been to yet? I see some people already have the roo shows or msg shows listed as shows they have went to...Just curious..Im a big superstition guy and want to wait until I have 1000% been to the show...lol...just curious though why some are so anxious to list shows they have not attended yet..and I promise im not trying to be a dick, just wanted to see why? thanks..

Yer not alone, I haven't listed the 3 shows I'm doing this summer.. I feel like if I put them there I'll jinx it, silly I guess but that's just me.... :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Brez wrote:

I work for the NJ Devils & NY Rangers during the hockey season and have a buddy who is a big Devils fan who works @SNL..I hook him up he hooks me up...that night was insane, I put in the request 2 months early and forgot all about it...I get a call that Saturday @ 4pm telling me Im in for Pearl Jam and have tobe @ 30 Rock @ 6:00 for the dress rehersal...I also fell off my I wont smoke weed anymore wagon that night too..lol
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    I work for the NJ Devils & NY Rangers during the hockey season and have a buddy who is a big Devils fan who works @SNL..I hook him up he hooks me up...that night was insane, I put in the request 2 months early and forgot all about it...I get a call that Saturday @ 4pm telling me Im in for Pearl Jam and have tobe @ 30 Rock @ 6:00 for the dress rehersal...I also fell off my I wont smoke weed anymore wagon that night too..lol

Ahhhh I knew it was something lol... I always hear about how those are the hardest tickets to get in show-biz. Lucky dogg.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I am listing shows I am going to, not shows I have been to. Something to put a smile on my face everyday when I see what I have coming!

Never really thought about it much. Just seemed to make sense when I got my Roo tickets.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    LukinFan wrote:
    NOTHING is keeping me away from WPM and Roo :) -knocks on wood-

im with you, i dont care if im in a car accident and am in a coma, days before the concerts im going to, i will wake my ass up and crawl to where i have to be if i have to.

*also knocks on wood*
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Last time I checked sigs can be changed at any time. I don't see the problem.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan