Options

Bonnaroo

RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
edited May 2008 in The Porch
So whats the deal? Are we going to have a 10 club meet up/pre-party? Anyone going VIP?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wickedmonkeyzwickedmonkeyz Posts: 489
    all weekend long :D
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    FUCK YEA!

Anyways I ordered my Roo tix last week and have yet to receive any info on them shipping or being printed. I heard somewhere they all get printed and shipped 2 weeks prior. Is this troo for roo?
  • Options
    FUCK YEA!

Anyways I ordered my Roo tix last week and have yet to receive any info on them shipping or being printed. I heard somewhere they all get printed and shipped 2 weeks prior. Is this troo for roo?

yep, you will get a shipping email about 2 weeks before roo...they will come in a big fedex envelope...not your ordinary tickets thats for sure, can't wait to see what they look like this year

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    i don't want to meet any of you crazy fuckers
    the Minions
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Yes.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    UPSDanUPSDan Posts: 86
    I am going VIP and am interested in meeting up with some people. Gonna be camping solo on this trip since the wife is staying home so if there is any 10C in the VIP area maybe we can all camp together. PM me
    Total shows: 62
    Total performances seen: 1796
    Unique PJ songs: 147
    Unique Covers: 71
    96 (1), 98 (2), 00 (7), 01 (1), 03 (16), 04 (4), 05 (4), 06 (9), 07 (2), 08 (7), 09 (2), 10 (3), 12 (1), 13 (3 and 2 more on deck)
  • Options
    UPSDan wrote:
    I am going VIP and am interested in meeting up with some people. Gonna be camping solo on this trip since the wife is staying home so if there is any 10C in the VIP area maybe we can all camp together. PM me

I think there will be a lot of 10c peeps in VIP. I know I will be with three others!
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I'll be in VIP for the first time this year for my fourth Bonnaroo.
  • Options
    Just a bump. A month to go and I feel no one here is excited!

I have thought of not much else since scoring 10 club seats for my local shows.

My shopping list is almost complete. I need a canopy and some tarps. Then my camp will be done! The canopy seems to be my biggest decision. Having a hard time finding the perfect one.

Thinking of my Bonnaroo trip every day!
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    fuck vip, i'll be camping out with the dirty hippies!!!!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

My shopping list is almost complete. I need a canopy and some tarps. Then my camp will be done! The canopy seems to be my biggest decision. Having a hard time finding the perfect one.

Think about how you are going to put shade on the SIDE or SIDES of your canopy. Putting up a couple of sheets will make a huge difference on how much shade you have and shade is the name of the game when you need to pass out at 9:00 AM after a long night of My Morning Jacket/Sigur Ros late night.
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,859
    fuck vip, i'll be camping out with the dirty hippies!!!!
    i'm in the same boat, hopefully i won't be too dirty though... :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

I'm VERY excited! Roo will be my only show this time around (unless Bridge School happens in Oct.) I have a huge pile of gear in my laundry room and I'm setting up my tent today to give it a fresh coat of seam sealer. :)

I'll be in VIP as well.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    NeilJam wrote:
    I'll be in VIP for the first time this year for my fourth Bonnaroo.

Ditto.

I'm so fuckin' stoked.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    FUCK YEA!

I got an email saying tickets would begin shipping on May 28th.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    weekapaungweekapaung Posts: 11
    Who is going to be there with me lining up to FINALLY get front row for a PJ show? I'll get there as early as I need to on Saturday to get up close for the boys. Can't wait for the Farm.
  • Options
    weekapaung wrote:
    Who is going to be there with me lining up to FINALLY get front row for a PJ show? I'll get there as early as I need to on Saturday to get up close for the boys. Can't wait for the Farm.

nah, too many good bands around. I'd feel like i'm wasting my day :)
  • Options
    ben harper was just added to city stages in birmingham the friday of bonnarroo so expect a collab with him and ed at bonnarroo
    myspace.com/goldenboy25

"I wish I was a messenger and all the news was good."
  • Options
    ben harper was just added to city stages in birmingham the friday of bonnarroo so expect a collab with him and ed at bonnarroo

awesome news!

and as far as camping out in front all day for pj...DON'T do it...there will be so many bands to check out and sights to see all around the grounds...plus it's damn hot down on the grass, i almost passed out after john butler's noon set last year on sunday

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,859
    weekapaung wrote:
    did it for lolla and im gonna do it again!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options

Ben Harper's website has this listed as June 14th, which is Saturday.
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    Ben Harper's website has this listed as June 14th, which is Saturday.

Bummer, I was hoping he would be there again this year.

Besides Pearl Jam and Jack Johnson,
    what other bands does everyone have on their list?

LESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    The Raconteurs
    Phil Lesh
    Robert and Allison
    MMJ
    Amy Mann
    The Coup
    Zappa Plays Zappa
    BB
    Willie
    MIA
    Cat Power
    Dark Star
    Ben Folds
    Stephen Marley

To list a few. There are so many!! When I get the schedule I'm going to have to put them in priority.
  • Options
    LivingBubbaLivingBubba Posts: 135
    Not going to miss......
    MMJ
    PJ
    Drive-by Truckers
    Levon Helm
    Willie
    Plant & Krauss

So pissed that the Whigs are no longer playing Thursday night, awesome band.
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I was watching the Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock dvd yesterday and I now have a wish for Bonnaroo: Encore opens with a jam on 'Voodoo Chile' a la the 'Chop it down' jam from New Orleans '95. Mike could shred on that shit!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I am VERY STOKED about Bonnaroo. Getting to Tennessee on Friday morning after flying up from Tampa by way of Charlotte. Not camping, I'm roughing it by staying in the Shelbyville Super 8, but looking forward to roaming The Roo Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm planning to see PJ, MMJ, Metallica, The Raconteurs, Jack Johnson, M.I.A., Phil Lesh and Friends, Levon Helm, Rilo Kiley, Tegan and Sara, Robert Plant and Allison Kraus, Stephen Marley, and as many bands as I can JAM into three days.

I'm seeing 13 PJ shows this tour , so it's not essential that I be up front at The Roo. No matter where I end up standing, I'll probably have seen PJ from a worse vantage point than I will on 6/14.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    I'm getting really pumped.. I might make a 10c Flag for my camping area
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    Great idea Tom. If I see the 10Club flag hoisted there, I'll definitely be visiting that camp.
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    ill be the one blasting olympic platinum all night
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    InThinAirInThinAir Posts: 81
    Count me in as well for Roo and for VIP. The other Bonnaroo veterans know what is possible out there. Once PJ gets to the farm and sees it for themselves they are going to be pumped for an amazing show. Out there with 80,000 fans with technically a four hour time slot and no curfew? Ridiculous.

Bonnaroo's two favorite bands are the MMJ and Kings of leon. MMJ is going to play a set for the ages late night on Friday. Even though the King's aren'st scheduled to play they will be there for sure with all their friends and family. Ed loves that kind of shit. PJ is going to be on MMJ and KOL territory and they are going to come to play. This is going to be the best PJ set ever, I feel it.
    the sun has set, the sun will rise another day....
  • Options
    pjnuggetpjnugget Posts: 8
    I cannot wait...Flying down from CT to Atlanta w/ 7 of my friends, picking up the RV and driving down by Thursday morning...can't wait to see them, haven't seen them since NJ in '06...will also see them MSG Night 2 and Hartford this summer

Bands I also want to see:
    Metallica
    Kanye West
    MMJ
    The Raconteurs
    Vampire Weekend
    Tiesto
    Jack Johnson
    WSP
    Phil Lesh
    etc. etc.