Options

Hallucinogenic Recipe

PushinPaintPushinPaint Posts: 431
edited March 2011 in Lost Dogs
What is a fair price for this collection?

The one I saw was the 5 disc box set - unsure what all is supposed to be included in the box.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    I bought it for $100 way back in 1995 and recently gave it away. It should include the box (picture of the band on the front and the song listings on the back), 5 CD's (mother love bone, Stone Demo, Eddie demo, outakes, Live at Las Vegas 12/01/93) and a booklet covering the bands history up to that point.
    Each CD is a different color (I think) and something along the lines of "Sony not for retail" is pressed on them.

I've seen it being sold recently for around 75 - 125 dollars.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    PushinPaintPushinPaint Posts: 431
    Thanks for the info. I believe it includes all of that and a found a pretty good deal - $30. I'll roll with it and see what happens. Not much downside.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    It was definitely me best piece of PJ merch, but after years of the box collecting dust in a cabinet, I gave it away.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Thanks for the info. I believe it includes all of that and a found a pretty good deal - $30. I'll roll with it and see what happens. Not much downside.

Thanks again!

If it is in good condition, that is an absolute steal. I found it back in 1995 for $50 and any hardcore PJ fan I told about it was in disbelief that I found it for anything less than $120.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640

Thanks again!

wow...that IS a steal...nice find!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    I found a used copy at Amoeba records in Hollywood for 20 bucks. Got home to find that the discs had been replaced by CDRs that were blank. I was SUPER bummed
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    at one time that was my Grail!!!...wasn't able to get it...then came the Internet...
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    I found a used copy at Amoeba records in Hollywood for 20 bucks. Got home to find that the discs had been replaced by CDRs that were blank. I was SUPER bummed

:x

wow... that's fuckin horrible!!!

hey i know this is not consolation here, but if you want i can copy these discs for you
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options

:x

wow... that's fuckin horrible!!!

hey i know this is not consolation here, but if you want i can copy these discs for you

Thats awesome of you and I appreciate it but I think im ok. Gremmie.net came through again for me haha. I wish I would have kept the box and cases honestly for 20 bucks but I was so mad I went and immediately got a refund. O well. Thanks again tho
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    I don't know if they all say promotional copy or not. I got one for christmas probably around 1995 or so and all the discs say Jamming Bird on them instead of Pearl Jam lol. Anyone have info on this?
    Weary is the mind of one stuck in repetition
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I don't know if they all say promotional copy or not. I got one for christmas probably around 1995 or so and all the discs say Jamming Bird on them instead of Pearl Jam lol. Anyone have info on this?

Common tactic of bootleg companies in the 90's to try and avoid legal issues.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    So this is a bootleg?
  • Options
    DamiensDamiens Posts: 766
    Yeah, for sure an unofficial release, but a fun one. Complete should have the box, five CD's in various colors that say Jamming Bird and then a booklet as long as the box with pics and liner notes.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I just acquired a different version of Hallucinogenic Recipe. It is in a 5CD jewel case on CDR. Has anyone seen this bootleg of a bootleg before?
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015

I just acquired a different version of Hallucinogenic Recipe. It is in a 5CD jewel case on CDR. Has anyone seen this bootleg of a bootleg before?

That's a whole new line of bootleg! That is a bunch of new hoopla going on...
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    pjradio said:

at one time that was my Grail!!!...wasn't able to get it...then came the Internet...

Yea, the Internet has made collecting SO much easier, but it kinda takes the thrill of the hunt away.
  • Options

That's a whole new line of bootleg! That is a bunch of new hoopla going on...
    It's an old one. The guy told me paid $150 for it back it the day. I gave him $40 for about 30 unauthorized bootlegs from primarily 1998 and before.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    Sadly, as I was ripping them to my pc, I realized disc 5 is thrashed. The top coat came off around the edges, so I don't have a complete version of Crazy Mary. I'm sure I can find one on the interwebs tomorrow.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    Actually, would someone be willing to burn me a copy of Disc 5 and send it to me? I'd be happy to compensate. Thanks!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23