The Winnipeg Jets....who cares?

2»

Comments

• smarchee wrote:
    sounds like something might be in the works with the Thrashers going to Winnipeg

yep. at least this will all be over with soon. then the topic of the day can switch from "are we getting a team?" to "oh my god, THAT'S what they called them?" and "I'm not paying THAT MUCH to go to a fucking JETS game! they suck, just like they did in the 90's!".

:lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    smarchee wrote:
    sounds like something might be in the works with the Thrashers going to Winnipeg

yep. at least this will all be over with soon. then the topic of the day can switch from "are we getting a team?" to "oh my god, THAT'S what they called them?" and "I'm not paying THAT MUCH to go to a fucking JETS game! they suck, just like they did in the 90's!".

:lol:

LOL

well, they probably will end the record on not winning a play-off round that even Pheonix hasn't shed

and there are 8 play-off spots instead of 4 this time round
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Done Deal

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... le2029179/

Atlanta Thrashers moving to Winnipeg
    STEPHEN BRUNT
    Globe and Mail Update
    Published Thursday, May. 19, 2011 8:57PM EDT
    Last updated Thursday, May. 19, 2011 10:54PM EDT

An agreement to sell the National Hockey League’s Atlanta Thrashers to a Winnipeg group which plans to relocate the franchise to the Manitoba capital is done.

Sources confirmed tonight that preparations are being made for an announcement Tuesday, confirming the sale and transfer of the Thrashers to True North Sports and Entertainment, which owns and operates the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League and the MTS Centre arena, which would become the NHL team’s new home.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Done Deal

STEPHEN BRUNT
    Globe and Mail Update

An agreement to sell the National Hockey League’s Atlanta Thrashers to a Winnipeg group which plans to relocate the franchise to the Manitoba capital is done.

Sources confirmed tonight that preparations are being made for an announcement Tuesday, confirming the sale and transfer of the Thrashers to True North Sports and Entertainment, which owns and operates the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League and the MTS Centre arena, which would become the NHL team’s new home.

according to True North, that article is false.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Done Deal

STEPHEN BRUNT
    Globe and Mail Update

according to True North, that article is false.

Oh Ok..I just saw it posted on Facebook
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    They should give guys the Stars. Dallas has no business having a hockey team. They barely support the basketball team unless they're in the playoffs. It's all about the Cowboys and everybody else might as well be playing rec league sports. If the Stars left most people probably wouldn't even notice.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Oh Ok..I just saw it posted on Facebook
    I saw it like five times in a span of ten minutes...did they mention the article on air during tonight's game broadcast or something?