Options

Proposal for 10c buttons to aid in meet ups

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited August 2008 in The Porch
just a suggestion

I think it would be cool if 10c would sell (or include a free one with membership) a 10c button.

I'd make it red (background) & white(lettering) so it stands out,say about the size of a half dollar.And you wear it when you go to a meet up so you can identify fellow fans and board members making it easier to mingle with like minded Jam heads.

what do you guys think??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rjwhite19rjwhite19 Posts: 574
    nice idea
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • Options
    cool idea, I already have something along those lines already-have a tat on my shoulder of the newest version of ed v's pick.
    08/29 & 8/30 2000-Mansfield
    7/2 & 7/11 2003-Mansfield
    9/28 & 9/29 2004-Boston
    5/24 & 5/25 2006-Boston-11th & 10th row
    6/27 2008-Hartford -Front Row Center!
    6/28 & 6/30 2008-Mansfield

08/01 (2nd row) & 08/02/2008 (Eddie Vedder) Boston

skinny little bitch
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    we did that in australia for an aussie pj fan mboard on the o6 tour - worked kinda ok.
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    zenith wrote:
    we did that in australia for an aussie pj fan mboard on the o6 tour - worked kinda ok.

if we make it habit for 10c members to do this all the time i think it would work great!

come on guys,i need as much feedback as possible!

we can vote yea or nay!!

if enough people are cool with it,i will try and make this happen even if i have to make the buttons myself!!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    yeh becuase at the wishlist shows from 08 there were just stickers on the table and i think only the people who ran the stall actually used them, thus making it hard who was who!

but yeah would be cool if it was obligatory.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Decides to Dream actually had some made up for the Italy trip. They turned out great. 10c was very specific on what she could use. The ones she made said "Message Pit" on them. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Decides to Dream actually had some made up for the Italy trip. They turned out great. 10c was very specific on what she could use. The ones she made said "Message Pit" on them. :)

that's why they should make them.

they could turn a buck at the same time to help with operations (new servers?)
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    I agree with you. The Boston meet up had lots of people there each night, but no one was talking to each other. I had to walk up to people with PJ shirts on and ask them if they were from the board. Didn't get to meet as many people as I would have liked to. Especially you Crazy Breed.....
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    jecica wrote:
    I agree with you. The Boston meet up had lots of people there each night, but no one was talking to each other. I had to walk up to people with PJ shirts on and ask them if they were from the board. Didn't get to meet as many people as I would have liked to. Especially you Crazy Breed.....

i feel exactly the same way!

it would be cool to have a "system" in place by the next tour.
  • Options
    PJMEMamaPJMEMama Posts: 99
    I BrisK I wrote:
    but yeah would be cool if it was obligatory.

Huh?????
    Maybe we could have a secret handshake, too...
    Sorry, I don't really find it that hard to pick out the PJ fans in the bar next to the venue the night of the show.....
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    This is my 10C button, but I'm a huge cubs fan. It's just something that I like to give to people when I meet them at shows.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/irieinindy/cub.jpg
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    irieinindy wrote:
    This is my 10C button, but I'm a huge cubs fan. It's just something that I like to give to people when I meet them at shows.

I LOVE THIS.... pm me and let me know where/how I can get one... I will be at both shows in chicago and would love to meet up with you....
    GO CUBS
  • Options
    PJMEMama wrote:
    Huh?????
    Sorry, I don't really find it that hard to pick out the PJ fans in the bar next to the venue the night of the show.....

gee thanks for your sarcasm,i couldn't make it through the day without it.

you will not be learning the secret handshake!
  • Options
    irieinindy wrote:

that is cool....but only in Chi-town :)
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    pretty easy to slap a hello, my name is sticker on too. that seems to work well.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    pretty easy to slap a hello, my name is sticker on too. that seems to work well.

i think people would be more inclined to wear a cool button than some dorky stick on name tag that might potentially leave glue residue on your clothes. :)
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    I am never going to wear the stupid my name is sticker, like I'm at some convention.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    irieinindy wrote:
    I am never going to wear the stupid my name is sticker, like I'm at some convention.

thank you!

but a cool button is different :D
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    PJMEMama wrote:
    Huh?????

ok well were you at any of the MSG meetups?

For example there were loads of people there, very noisy + with music.

Think my point has been missed, i dont want a sticker saying im a PJ fan, i mean a sticker with the person's board username on.
  • Options
    PJMEMamaPJMEMama Posts: 99
    gee thanks for your sarcasm,i couldn't make it through the day without it.

you will not be learning the secret handshake!
    Sorry, no offense intended, it was the obligatory part of the comment that I was responding to, like everyone has to wear it or no one will talk to you. NOW will you teach me the secret handshake??
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    just a suggestion

I think it would be cool if 10c would sell (or include a free one with membership) a 10c button.

I'd make it red (background) & white(lettering) so it stands out,say about the size of a half dollar.And you wear it when you go to a meet up so you can identify fellow fans and board members making it easier to mingle with like minded Jam heads.

what do you guys think??

The button's should say "I am an Idiot" B II eV solo attendee's will get this :D
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    bump!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i just whacked my pit name on my name tag at the pre parties
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!