'Taking on Tyson'

The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Awesome show/premiere...anyone else interested, and why?
http://animal.discovery.com/tv/taking-on-tyson/about.html
'I want to hurry home to you
put on a slow, dumb show for you
and crack you up
so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
god I'm very, very frightening
and I'll overdo it'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Can't wait. Why? Because Mike Tyson is awesome.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'll check it out because I saw him on Ellen the other day, and he talked a little about how he grew up and said he never really wanted to be a fighter, got sucked in at 12, and without family guidance, basically was a puppet for some guy. He seems so normal now. I'll watch the show, then see what I think.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I'll check it out because I saw him on Ellen the other day, and he talked a little about how he grew up and said he never really wanted to be a fighter, got sucked in at 12, and without family guidance, basically was a puppet for some guy. He seems so normal now. I'll watch the show, then see what I think.

Tyson says a lot of things. He was not a puppet for Cus D'amato though. If he weren't a boxer, he would be dead or in jail. He wasn't exactly on the right track when he picked up fighting.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    What did/do you guys think of the initial episode, which you seem unaware of...check it out so we can discuss as I don't want to give shit away...
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    What did/do you guys think of the initial episode, which you seem unaware of...check it out so we can discuss as I don't want to give shit away...

Haven't seen it yet, didn't realize it started. Will check it out asap.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I can't wait for this show. I've been waiting. Of course I missed the premiere episode. :cry:

Any initial reviews?
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Tyson says a lot of things. He was not a puppet for Cus D'amato though. If he weren't a boxer, he would be dead or in jail. He wasn't exactly on the right track when he picked up fighting.

ok, so Tyson is a liar...I never paid that much attention to him...ok watching the show on my DVR now...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    ok, finished watching...the show was alright. Don't like that announcer guy, same guy from 'Animal Cops' :?
    Tyson on the Ellen show made it out to be the show was all about him, and how great he is (now I think of him as pretentious).
    The show itself is about a group of guys raising the pigeons, Tyson just happens to be a part of it. I'll watch another show, but if that one sucks too, then I won't watch it again.

- Christopher McCandless
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    I like Mr Mike Tyson, was a great Boxer and he seems to be currently on a path of truth. So much respect for that.

The greatest fight one will ever face, is the battle of self. Malik Abdul Aziz seems to be going at it pretty well these day's.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

That's true to a point, he grew up in one of my old neighborhoods...Bedford-Stuyvesant....Brooklyn, NY and he was a thug with thuggish behavior. Boxing got him out of that violent mean streats environment which took him up to a more peaceful environment in upstate NY. Where Cus taught the art of boxing especially the mental side of the sport.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Idris wrote:
    I like Mr Mike Tyson, was a great Boxer and he seems to be currently on a path of truth. So much respect for that.

The greatest fight one will ever face, is the battle of self. Malik Abdul Aziz seems to be going at it pretty well these day's.
    i like mike a lot myself. i will have to watch this show. i have saw something about him and pigeons before. i thought that was nice for relaxing himself, getting centered and stuff... we all want mike calm.......i think we do, yep.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce