Lent

2»

Comments

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I saw this and laughed. I'm Episcopalian, went to my first Ash Wednesday service ever. Decided I couldn't give up chocolate. Or booze. Too hard.

I gave up profanity. Pretty much impossible.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I'm the worst Catholic ever....ate meat on Ash Wednesday and didn't give anything up. One year I gave up beer...worst idea EVER considering St. Paddy's Day is during Lent :fp:
    I'm in the same boat as you. :fp:
  • So glad I don't take part :lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,828
    I'm not catholic, but this year I gave up giving up on stuff. I think I can be successful.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I'm not catholic, but this year I gave up giving up on stuff. I think I can be successful.

:lol::lol:

I went to a Catholic grammar school and during Lent they would have broth and crackers for the kids for lunch every day. I was the only one that didn't participate and brought a real lunch every day. I was an asshole at a really young age :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I proposed giving up monogamy, and my wife shot that down real quick
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Interesting seeing who is Catholic or a former Catholic.

I gave up Catholicism when I declined being Confirmed with the rest of my class. I was the only one not to.

Even back then it seems it was superficial. Probably part of my disillusionment with the church. Altar boy and all and never any bad experiences in my case.

How hard can swearing be to give up? Doesn't everyone have times when they have to, just do that all the time. I'm going to actually try. I'll probably mess up being as I only don't swear in certain situations.

Wonder what DS would give up? Pretty sure he's a practicing Catholic. ;)
    #FHP
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I lent some guy $200 about 18 years ago.

I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing that again.
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    rollings wrote:
    I lent some guy $200 about 18 years ago.

I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing that again.

:)
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    i don't know if my liver can take another few weeks of lent.....good times though. jeez... :sick:
    www.myspace.com