Options

Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray disses ED!!

Comments

• Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Trust me Ed is not losing sleep over it. He only WISHES he can be on the same level as EV and the band.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    LongRhodeLongRhode Posts: 93
    alexers wrote:
    I heard him say something about Eddie, but I can't say what because I wasn't fully paying attention because it was Mark McGrath.

Funniest post of the day!
    1991 - Warwick RI
    1994 - Boston Garden 1
    2003 - Mansfield 1
    2004 - Boston 1 & 2
    2006 - Albany, Boston 1, Dublin Ireland
    2008 - Mansfield 1 & 2, EV Boston 1
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    who is he that anyone should get worked up over anything he has to say? move on
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    This thread needs to die. MM doesn't need any more press.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    Mark Mcgrath was also quoted saying years ago, "if it wasnt for protools, I never would have had a singing career."

O wait!
  • Options
    so I'm talking to my mother (who knows I'm a complete PJ nut) tells me she was watching TV last night and this chump makes a comment like "I'm not the greatest singer but you don't have to be, i mean look at Eddie Vedder....."

WTF was that supposed to mean??!! this fucking clown comparing himself to ED?

are you insinuating Ed can't sing Mr. 1 hit wonder!!??

i mean PJ sold out MSG 2 nights in a row and this fucking clown ain't even in a band anymore!! i think he is on E entertainment or some useless shit like that!!

anyone else see this clip??

OK...10,9,8,7,6........BREATH.....(trying to calm down)

HOW DARE someone not like Ed.

I mean seriously, that is just absolutely uncalled for. He is 100% expected to like everyone in Pearl Jam.

Really.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Mark McGrath?

He played baseball, right?
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    falconfalcon Posts: 163
    He's a sellout. He hosts a tabloid show. I remember once he made a comment about his goal in life was being a one-hit wonder. Mission accomplished.
    MANSFIELD 7/3/03, 7/11/03
    BOSTON 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    HARTFORD 5/13/06
    BOSTON 5/24/06
    MANSFIELD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV BOSTON 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    CHICAGO 8/24/09
    HARTFORD 5/15/10
    BOSTON 5/17/10
    EV PROV 6/15/11
    WORCESTER 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HARTFORD 10/25/13
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Mark McGrath, lol

"someday...
    "when my life has passed me by....."

yea it already has dick

go make another Scooby Doo movie lol
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    so I'm talking to my mother (who knows I'm a complete PJ nut) tells me she was watching TV last night and this chump makes a comment like "I'm not the greatest singer but you don't have to be, i mean look at Eddie Vedder....."

i mean PJ sold out MSG 2 nights in a row and this fucking clown ain't even in a band anymore!! i think he is on E entertainment or some useless shit like that!!

This is the same dick that picked the scrawniest kid out the crowd and got in their face after someone yelled " Hey look..It's Sugar Gay" ....what a LOZER...
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    No big deal...Dennis Rodman has said basically the same thing and he's a huge fan of PJ and friend of Ed
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    nukeboot wrote:
    Mark McGrath?

He played baseball, right?
    that would be mark mcguire.................wow, you are stupid.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    fuck em
  • Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    I love these threads... If Mark McGrath made an offhand comment about how much he digs Yield, every single person in here that's all up in arms would be lining up to fellate McGrath and go into long-winded explanations on how much they love Sugar Ray, how great McGrath was on Rock & Roll Jeopardy and every other compliment you can think of.

Sometimes I think half of you would stab your own mother in the eye if she said Pearl Jam wasn't her favorite band.
  • Options

I was watching the show and I am pretty sure he said something like I'm not a great singer, I'm not someone like Eddie Vedder. Something to that effect was the impression that I got. Chelsea Handler also asked how he ended up doing ET and wasn't it a bit of a stretch, and he said no it's not like he was Eddie Vedder. Sounded more like love than anything else. I bet he's a fan.

At least that's how it went in my head...
    Stop following me, I do not know where I am going.
  • Options
    LostdoggieLostdoggie Posts: 257
    Eh, who cares. I would say Eddie is slightly more successful then Mark Mcgrath so obviously people don't care what he thinks.
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    did somebody bump this from 1996? I didn't know there were boards back then
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    Sugar Ray used to been the shit!

Sugar Ray was never the shit. Shitty, perhaps, but never "the shit." They had what 2 fun summer type songs and that's about it. Just because all the girlies like Mark McGrath by far does not catapult this guy into any other category than that of (yes here comes that dirty S word again) shitty host of Entertainment Tonight.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    A sack of shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sugar Ray
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    I.....just wanna fly
  • Options
    onejourneyonejourney Posts: 285
    That guy is like school in July......no class....
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Motown322 wrote:
    Sometimes I think half of you would stab your own mother in the eye if she said Pearl Jam wasn't her favorite band.
    I already have ;)
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    once when the TEN Club accounts got mixed up here i got Mark McGrath's membership number...~

:eek:

I wouldn't give a shit what he says..he's a has been who hosts entertainment tonight or extra or one of those friggin shows.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    add him to the list:

fuck kanye
    fuck mcgrath
    who's next?.....
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    i guess it's natural instinct for some of us to protect that which is near and dear.

i don't give 1/2 a shit about that moron,it just aggravated me to hear that nonsense.

let's move on now :)
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    edited March 2009
    Post edited by Surf Rider on
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    Rjonesrm20 wrote:
    add him to the list:

fuck kanye
    fuck mcgrath
    who's next?.....

Lindsay Lohan's mom!
  • Options
    That's the same guy who hosts ET, appeared on the show "Las Vegas" and did a duet with Shania Twain - right?

I wouldn't sweat it
    that would be the one.

it is sad that you and i both know that. ;)
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Hey... I got into an altercation with that idiot at a Deftones show at the Paladium in LA in 2001.

That Jackass reeks of self importance. He expected me to give up my chair in the balcony for his model girlfriend...because he had deemed I wasn't really using it...since I was standing.

He gave me the "hey...you know me... I'm Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray". I told him to go fuck himself then.

What an A-Hole!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"