Options

Parting Ways...

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I often wondered, did Ed write this about him and Beth? I am not really sure of the time frame when they split but on the touring band dvd before they perform this song he says something about it being a song about breaking up and "so many things" or "so much more" i forget the exact wording.

being such an introvert and a lyricist who often puts his heart on his sleeve he had to of written something about ending such a long term relationship with a women he was so obviously in love with.

i know it's not my/our/your business why they broke up but it has bothered me ever since i first found out,i guess where i have loved this band and these guys for over a decade now you become emotionally attached to them just like any good friend and if this happened to a good friend of mine I'd want to take him out for a beer and help him through the hart ache.

i know there is somebody here who can shed some light on this subject for me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    It's about Moses and a certain red sea.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    mateo45mateo45 the Central Coast of California Posts: 91
    i always assumed it was about shaq and kobe
    "there's no lights by the stairs? oh, they'll be fine..."-ed, 11/4/95 san jose
  • Options
    come on guys,I'm serious.
  • Options
    "This song is how the new record ends... It's alot of things."

Or something like that. Haven't watched in a little while.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I don't know what it's about, but I noticed there is a good version on Benaroya:

http://brobbobbleheadbiscotti.mlblogs.com/brob_bobblehead_biscotti_/2008/03/orios_11_nation.html
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    traveling band dvd?

want to share?
    I often wondered, did Ed write this about him and Beth? I am not really sure of the time frame when they split but on the traveling band dvd before they perform this song he says something about it being a song about breaking up and "so many things" or "so much more" i forget the exact wording.

being such an introvert and a lyricist who often puts his heart on his sleeve he had to of written something about ending such a long term relationship with a women he was so obviously in love with.

i know it's not my/our/your business why they broke up but it has bothered me ever since i first found out,i guess where i have loved this band and these guys for over a decade now you become emotionally attached to them just like any good friend and if this happened to a good friend of mine I'd want to take him out for a beer and help him through the hart ache.

i know there is somebody here who can shed some light on this subject for me.
  • Options
    Haha... I believe he meant Touring Band 2000. That is a powerful version of Parting Ways.

That's a song I play everytime I pick up my guitar.
  • Options
    ha!
    Ok
    yes I know it I just thought there was something I missed

thanks
    Haha... I believe he meant Touring Band 2000. That is a powerful version of Parting Ways.

That's a song I play everytime I pick up my guitar.
  • Options
    Haha... I believe he meant Touring Band 2000.

sorry,that's what i meant.fucking tweet anticipation has me so twisted i can't think straight! :D
  • Options
    "This song is how the new record ends... It's alot of things."

Or something like that.

i believe you are correct.
  • Options
    come on!! someone has to know something around here!!!!!

(in Ben Stein monotone) "anyone,anyone"?
  • Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    I am pretty sure it is about his divorce. They split sometime before binaural.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Who cares?

I will say this, the song had been soundchecked as early as 1996 according to the 5H CC.
  • Options
    ii44 wrote:
    Who cares?

I DO!! WHY THE FUCK ELSE WOULD I BE INQUIRING???

if you don't,find another thread.
  • Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    ii44 wrote:
    Who cares?

I will say this, the song had been soundchecked as early as 1996 according to the 5H CC.

It didn't have lyrics though.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    mateo45mateo45 the Central Coast of California Posts: 91
    yeah, honestly i've always assumed that it was about their split. it's incredibly sad and moving. i love that song.....and have often thought it's a great way to close a show, or first encore......i got nothing concrete for you though. sorry.
    "there's no lights by the stairs? oh, they'll be fine..."-ed, 11/4/95 san jose