Cop v.s Skater

Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hxOr3q7nrk

Imagine what you would do if your a parent if a COP!!! did this to your child..
"Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
Boston 2010
Montreal 2011
EV Prov 11
Worcester 1 13
Worcester 2 13
Hartford 13
Boston 16 - 1
Boston 16 - 2
Boston 18 - 1
Boston 18 -2 
MSG 24 - 1
Boston 24 -1
Boston 24 -2 
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    edited March 2011
    Officer Rivieri is a shitbag and I hope he gets fired.

You get respect by giving it. Plain and simple.

I would be embarrassed to have this guy representing my city. That's a fair litmus test of whether a police officer (or anyone) should act that way.
    Post edited by HeavyHands on
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    HeavyHands wrote:

Oh yeah i forgot to mention he got FIRED This video really makes me sick because i just think of the things i would do to officer rivieri if that was my child

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
    ^PD got a link to an article about him getting fired? I'd like to read it.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
    Heres 1 from yesterday about how he SHOULDNT! be fired

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime- ... s-fir.html

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
    Thanks. Just found this one about a Judge denying his request for reinstatement.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2011/02/judge_upholds_firing_cop_in_ha.html
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hxOr3q7nrk

Imagine what you would do if your a parent if a COP!!! did this to your child..

Yes that's the Inner Harbour in Baltimore and this was a couple years ago. If he thought or felt he was doing, treating that youngster correctly why did he feel the need to ask if that camera was on? You see why some officers don't like to be filmed. I do believe he was fired...they played this all over the DC/Metro area.

There was absolutely no need to get physical with a 14 year old apparently riding a skateboard where he shouldn't.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,690
    I love the car that he has to drive around in :lol::lol::lol: I would be pissed off at the world also if I had to drive around in that :lol::lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,253
    Wow. What a complete douchebag cop. People like him make me very angry. Way to abuse your authority...dick.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    HeavyHands wrote:

Oh yeah i forgot to mention he got FIRED This video really makes me sick because i just think of the things i would do to officer rivieri if that was my child
    I say you are all talk!

I have a 14 yo, he would of been smart enough to follow the officers direction. The video starts before we even see what the boys did to get the attention. Hate to stereotype but there is a reason we do and I've seen more than my share of smartass skaters. The cop was right the kid needed a good kick in the ass. Pretty easy when you address an elder or person of authority to say yes sir, no sir.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    HeavyHands wrote:

I say you are all talk!

I have a 14 yo, he would of been smart enough to follow the officers direction. The video starts before we even see what the boys did to get the attention. Hate to stereotype but there is a reason we do and I've seen more than my share of smartass skaters. The cop was right the kid needed a good kick in the ass. Pretty easy when you address an elder or person of authority to say yes sir, no sir.
    I agree that yes the kid shouldnt have called the officer "dude" or "man" but you really mean to tell me that you would be pissed if an adult laid his hands on your 14yo son?

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
    Horos wrote:
    HeavyHands wrote:

I say you are all talk!

You think that makes it ok to put the kid in a headlock and force him to the ground!??? That cop sucks in every way possible.
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    This kinda shit drives me crazy. I do understand the issue of disrespect, but DUDE, they're still kids. It's called a POWER TRIP, officer douchebag. Hope you enjoy the line at the unemployment office.
    Horos wrote:
    HeavyHands wrote:

I say you are all talk!

Was that reason enough for the officer to put his hands on a 14 year old regardless of what led up to this? If it was so serious what the 14 year old may have done why not just arrest him instead of giving him a scared straight lesson???

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This kinda shit drives me crazy. I do understand the issue of disrespect, but DUDE, they're still kids. It's called a POWER TRIP, officer douchebag. Hope you enjoy the line at the unemployment office.
    +1 he def got what he deserved.. If i said all the things i wanna say about this guy on here you wouldnt see me for awhile :lol:

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    words cannot express my anger at this fat f**k. What is it with Cops and Skaters? The cops obviously on a power trip, taking it out on a 14 yearl old kid though? Glad he was fired
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    another fine example of a dick with a badge and a gun thinking he's god. granted kids these days have no respect, but cops like that gives the good ones a bad name. he probably has a two inch dick. that's why he's pissed off at the world
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• There's always 2 sides to a story and unfortunately for the officer only 1 side was seen.

Don't be so quick to judge just because you see 3 minutes of an incident that probably had much
    more to it than it showed.
    There are some pretty mouthy teens out there and while I do not condone the physical force he
    used to try and intimidate the kid, I do not think he shouldhave lost his job over it.
    By the kid's own admission, he had no father figure in his life so it doesn't surprise
    me how belligerent the officer claims he was.

Now the other video that shows him kicking a remote controlled car around, that he should
    have been canned for.
    edited March 2011
    There's always 2 sides to a story and unfortunately for the officer only 1 side was seen.

Don't be so quick to judge just because you see 3 minutes of an incident that probably had much
    There are some pretty mouthy teens out there and while I do not condone the physical force he
    used to try and intimidate the kid, I do not think he shouldhave lost his job over it.

By the kid's own admission, he had no father figure in his life so it doesn't surprise

Now the other video that shows him kicking a remote controlled car around, that he should
    have been canned for.

He apparently he wasn't fired for physical force and intimidation, it was more to do about this.....
    The department's trial board found Officer Salvatore Rivieri not guilty of using excessive and unnecessary force and uttering a discourtesy, but guilty of failing to issue a citizen contact receipt and file a report.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on

Absolutely he should've lost his job. Even if the kid was mouthy before the camera started rolling, that dickhead was on a powertrip. I hope he never works again.
  • in what job ever can you yell at people for calling you dude and tell them to shut up --- what type of example is that. You clearly deserve no more respect than you are given in this situation officer .....

the kid is clearly not even a punk - when i was 14 this cop would have had to beat the absolute shit out of me to get me to shut my mouth for a second --- me saying would have been the only word not bleeped out
    There's always 2 sides to a story and unfortunately for the officer only 1 side was seen.

have been canned for.

This is true. We (the viewing public) haven't seen the entire incident, and with respect to that, judgment of the former Officer should perhaps be reserved.

That being said, after the kids clearly acquiesced he continued to take it too far. Once the kids began to submit to his orders and he had control of the situation he had the opportunity to tone everything down and engage those kids in such a way that they would have been receptive to what he was trying to impart on them: That skateboarding in that area was an ordinance violation/ illegal. He could've engaged them with respect.

He had command of the situation. They didn't run. They didn't attack him physically or verbally. I would even go so far as to say that they didn't intentionally disrespect him by calling him "dude" (I can look past this because they were young and nervous and weren't thinking straight because there was a giant authority figure literally screaming at them). They sat down and listened to what he was saying/screaming.

In my opinion, there was no need to berate those kids. If that former Officer brought his own past negative experiences in dealing with disrespectful kids to this situation, then it says a lot about him for how he handled it. I would stand behind the ultimate decision to expel him from the department.

From the look of how those kids reacted, I would assume that was their first time in dealing with a law enforcement representative. That would be a really unfortunate first impression to make. Incidents like this go to reinforce stereotypes of the "bad cop" which are unfortunately and undeservingly heaped upon all law enforcement officers as a result.
  • in what job ever can you yell at people for calling you dude and tell them to shut up --- what type of example is that. You clearly deserve no more respect than you are given in this situation officer .....

the kid is clearly not even a punk - when i was 14 this cop would have had to beat the absolute shit out of me to get me to shut my mouth for a second --- me saying would have been the only word not bleeped out

all that being said - i would be super pissed if i got fired for something i did in 2007! haha......
    HeavyHands wrote:

have been canned for.

This is true. We (the viewing public) haven't seen the entire incident, and with respect to that, judgment of the former Officer should perhaps be reserved.

That being said, after the kids clearly acquiesced he continued to take it too far. Once the kids began to submit to his orders and he had control of the situation he had the opportunity to tone everything down and engage those kids in such a way that they would have been receptive to what he was trying to impart on them: That skateboarding in that area was an ordinance violation/ illegal. He could've engaged them with respect.

He had command of the situation. They didn't run. They didn't attack him physically or verbally. I would even go so far as to say that they didn't intentionally disrespect him by calling him "dude" (I can look past this because they were young and nervous and weren't thinking straight because there was a giant authority figure literally screaming at them). They sat down and listened to what he was saying/screaming.

In my opinion, there was no need to berate those kids. If that former Officer brought his own past negative experiences in dealing with disrespectful kids to this situation, then it says a lot about him for how he handled it. I would stand behind the ultimate decision to expel him from the department.

From the look of how those kids reacted, I would assume that was their first time in dealing with a law enforcement representative. That would be a really unfortunate first impression to make. Incidents like this go to reinforce stereotypes of the "bad cop" which are unfortunately and undeservingly heaped upon all law enforcement officers as a result.

:clap: Great post not much else to add here.

Peace

HeavyHands wrote:

have been canned for.

Yep. Well said.
    HeavyHands wrote:

have been canned for.

Yes extremely well said sir

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Saw this video a few years ago.... That guy was a complete shit head. Even though I absolutely hate punk teenagers, that guy is a complete and 100% low life.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    That guy was a complete shit head. Even though I absolutely hate punk teenagers, that guy is a complete and 100% low life.
    I was just about to write the exact same thing. Well said. I hate punk teenagers and their damn straight-brimmed hats and skateboards (don't any kids play little league baseball anymore?), but this guy takes the cake (literally and figuratively) for his abuse of power and assholery.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925