By hand/calculator?
Tax prep software
National Service (H&R Block, etc)
CPA
Not at all?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    TuroTax is a wet dream. More than worth the 50 bones.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    TurboTax, I am horrible with numbers, even though my taxes are pretty simple I don't want to take any risks.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pen and paper for mine.

i need to start one of the these days.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • KM43590KM43590 Posts: 298
    I've done H&R Block for the last 4 years - 15mins, $40! They're nice and convenient, plus they got me an additional $500 some how this year, of course it's all gone already! ...(thanks credit card debt!) :cry:
    just an FYI, if you make sub 55K, i highly recommend going to

http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id= ... ?portlet=8

long story short, you can efile your taxes using online software for free.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,850
    turbo tax
    with calls to the CPA for tricky/risky stuff
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Get_Right wrote:
    turbo tax
    with calls to the CPA for tricky/risky stuff

best of both worlds!
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    TaxACT
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    How do you do yours?

By hand/calculator?
    Tax prep software
    National Service (H&R Block, etc)
    CPA
    Not at all?

write a check to my accountant. done
  • I used Turbo Tax. It is the deluxe, but does not include state. If anyone wants it, pm me and I will send it out on Monday as I no longer need it.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    turbo tax
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I always do them myself. I'll do them myself this year, but I'm also thinking about using a firm too. Just to see if I get more back.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    CPA
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I used Turbo Tax. It is the deluxe, but does not include state. If anyone wants it, pm me and I will send it out on Monday as I no longer need it.

That is their scam....they expect you to buy the state version once you realize it is not included!
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    TaxACT

+1 Cheaper than TurboTax and does basically the same thing.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    i pay a guy to do it. that way my ass is covered if its screwed up. plus he always gets us a nice big chunk back thanks to a couple kids and me going to school.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    dougfloyd wrote:
    TaxACT

+1 Cheaper than TurboTax and does basically the same thing.

Cheaper?

I didn't pay a cent.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    klusterfuk wrote:
    i pay a guy to do it. that way my ass is covered if its screwed up. plus he always gets us a nice big chunk back thanks to a couple kids and me going to school.
    technically, its the tax code and your over payment of taxes that gets you the refund :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    klusterfuk wrote:
    technically, its the tax code and your over payment of taxes that gets you the refund :P

Dude, I worked 10 months less than I did the year before and I got more than double back this year. God bless the USA.
    81 wrote:
    klusterfuk wrote:

Dude, I worked 10 months less than I did the year before and I got more than double back this year. God bless the USA.

slacker :P

i've done tax returns for people where they get more pack than they payed in. talk about a legalized scam
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    used to always do Turbotax but have been going to a CPA and he's getting us loads more back than TT ever did. Cost me $100 but well worth it. Plus he's done in like 10 minutes, files for us, sets up direct deposit for refund. Best $100 I ever spent.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    used to always do Turbotax but have been going to a CPA and he's getting us loads more back than TT ever did. Cost me $100 but well worth it. Plus he's done in like 10 minutes, files for us, sets up direct deposit for refund. Best $100 I ever spent.

How much more back would you say you're getting on average if you don't mind me asking? And which TT were you using? Cause I dunno - that program answers a lot more of my questions in a ver basic way than any accountant has helped me with...
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593

How much more back would you say you're getting on average if you don't mind me asking? And which TT were you using? Cause I dunno - that program answers a lot more of my questions in a ver basic way than any accountant has helped me with...
    i think we were just using the standard version, not deluxe. And I'm talking $1,000+ more for my return. Perhaps my tax guy's a little crooked :?
    We were but stones your light made us stars

i think we were just using the standard version, not deluxe. And I'm talking $1,000+ more for my return. Perhaps my tax guy's a little crooked :?

Possibly, but there's nothing wrong with that. Yeah, I was using the deluxe - or whatever one is 50 bucks and comes with one state return. Seems to have helped me get as much money as possible. Like I said, I got more than double of what I got last year and I only worked on the books for 2 months in '10 as opposed to the whole year in '09.