83rd Academy Awards

13»

Comments

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Loulou wrote:
    Yep, Go Jackie Weaver!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

i honestly don't understand why she got nominated and why that movie is getting such good reviews. she's barley in it and doesn't have alot of dialogue. but what do i know.

did she win?

Banksy was robbed
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,808
    Loulou wrote:

i honestly don't understand why she got nominated and why that movie is getting such good reviews. she's barley in it and doesn't have alot of dialogue. but what do i know.

did she win?

Banksy was robbed

no. Melissa Leo won
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

did she win?

Banksy was robbed

no. Melissa Leo won

don't know who that is or what she was in but from watching animal kingdom, i'm glad she(Weaver) didn't win. it really isn't that great and is just a rip off of the highly successful aussie tv series underbelly. in my opinion.
  • so im glad all the right people won. I predicted all the way in december before the globes even that firth, portman, steinfeld, and bale, as well as toy story 3 were the best in their respective fields. And in the course of the globes, bafta, sag, and so on, all have been proven right. Only person deserving of a win yesterday that didnt was hailee steinfeld. she was robbed.

Wonder if banksy showed?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    so im glad all the right people won. I predicted all the way in december before the globes even that firth, portman, steinfeld, and bale, as well as toy story 3 were the best in their respective fields. And in the course of the globes, bafta, sag, and so on, all have been proven right. Only person deserving of a win yesterday that didnt was hailee steinfeld. she was robbed.

Wonder if banksy showed?
    She wasn't robbed. From the start of all the award shows and when The Fighter premiered, they said Melissa Leo was going to be the front runner. Hailee Steinfeld is young; she's going to have more opportunities to be nominated and win an award.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • did True Grit win anything?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Newch91 wrote:
    so im glad all the right people won. I predicted all the way in december before the globes even that firth, portman, steinfeld, and bale, as well as toy story 3 were the best in their respective fields. And in the course of the globes, bafta, sag, and so on, all have been proven right. Only person deserving of a win yesterday that didnt was hailee steinfeld. she was robbed.

Wonder if banksy showed?
    She wasn't robbed. From the start of all the award shows and when The Fighter premiered, they said Melissa Leo was going to be the front runner. Hailee Steinfeld is young; she's going to have more opportunities to be nominated and win an award.

i saw every single one of the best picture nominees, and every single film that every actor/actress appeared in that was nominated. its clear to me, hailee steinfeld was true grit, in every sense of the word. she outshine every single actor in that film, jeff bridges included. the entire cast praised her. i mean, she had to share the screen/set with some brilliant actors, bridges, damon and brolin. and she stole the movie from them.

I saw the fighter, and although no actor/actress in it was bad, christian bale was the person who made the movie for me. his performance was unreal.

i agree that hailee stein
  • Newch91 wrote:

Wonder if banksy showed?
    god, between Kirk Douglas and that terrible fucking acceptance speech, that had to be a new low for the oscars... it was a total train wreck... and i heard Leo took out ads begging for people to vote for her... classy move :roll:

Colin Firth and Trent Reznors wins were the only parts worth watching
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I actually said it as a bit of a joke. My husband and I watched Animal Kingdom ages ago and both thought it was an utter load of shit. :lol::lol: When we found out she was nominated we were both completely shocked!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:

Wonder if banksy showed?

i saw every single one of the best picture nominees, and every single film that every actor/actress appeared in that was nominated. its clear to me, hailee steinfeld was true grit, in every sense of the word. she outshine every single actor in that film, jeff bridges included. the entire cast praised her. i mean, she had to share the screen/set with some brilliant actors, bridges, damon and brolin. and she stole the movie from them.

I saw the fighter, and although no actor/actress in it was bad, christian bale was the person who made the movie for me. his performance was unreal.

i agree that hailee stein
    Did you forget to finish the sentence?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    igotid88 wrote:
    I'm probably the only one who still thinks Annette Bening is hot. Not as much as before. But still.

No, I agree.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    The show was awful. Franco and Hathaway were so bad. Franco acted like he was too cool to be there. I don't blame Hathaway because at least she put forth effort, it's just not her thing.

Cheers to Reznor and Sorkin for winning!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Natalie Portman got it for Black Swan? Wtf? I saw that movie on the weekend and it was crap. No it wasn't crap....it was just average....and her performance was okay in it....but I didn't see anything oscar worthy at all. I'm shocked she won. I'm even more shocked it was up for Best Picture. Totally overhyped.

If you get your tits out in a movie or make yourself really ugly, an actress can be guaranteed a win.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I can't believe that hardly anyone mentioned how bad this Oscar was. God, Franco was boring. Letterman was 100 times better than this shit and he was almost booed off stage.

bring jimmy kimmel to host next year than i might watch.
    fife wrote:
    I can't believe that hardly anyone mentioned how bad this Oscar was. God, Franco was boring. Letterman was 100 times better than this shit and he was almost booed off stage.

I only saw a bit of it and I was cringing at Anne Hathaway....she seemed to be really overacting. And I'm still wondering what Kirk Douglas said. :?
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Natalie Portman got it for Black Swan? Wtf? I saw that movie on the weekend and it was crap. No it wasn't crap....it was just average....and her performance was okay in it....but I didn't see anything oscar worthy at all. I'm shocked she won. I'm even more shocked it was up for Best Picture. Totally overhyped.

If you get your tits out in a movie or make yourself really ugly, an actress can be guaranteed a win.

Overhyped? no way. Great film, deserved all the praise it got but certainly not to everyone's taste.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I agree, it was just average. When I was watching it, I liked how it was much creepier than I thought it was going to be, but in the end it was just ok.
    fife wrote:

That is a great idea.
    Re; Black swan.

i saw the only bit anyone needs to see, Jackie going down on Queen Amidala.
    Re; Black swan.

And even that part wasn't that good. Everyone was going on about how raunchy the lesbian scene is blah blah. I was expecting full on graphic. You didn't even see boobs.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Re; Black swan.

And even that part wasn't that good. Everyone was going on about how raunchy the lesbian scene is blah blah. I was expecting full on graphic. You didn't even see boobs.

I know, I was bitterly disappointed. glad I didn't sit through the whole movie for that.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,988
    So I just saw 'Get Low' finally. How did Duvall not even get nominated for best actor? Much much much better than Firth.