Who Else is Ready for Football Season to Come Back?

LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I know I'm not alone in this one.
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Oh man, I can't wait. Although things aren't looking too good on the business end of the NFL. I guess there will be college football at least.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Yeah I'm fucking dying... fantasy addict for 16 years now. DYYYYYYYYYYIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I'm good. Got the flyers and bulls to follow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ill take the spring and summer for 7 month...thanks though
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,610
    i usually feel this way around june....give me a few months
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Nope. I've been waiting for baseball to start.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    me me me me me!!!!
    It should be a longer season.
    anyone here a draft nut who watches the combine?

i know a couple people who actually dvr that shit and analyze tape to prepare for april :lol:

the ratings for this thing are insane. they are actually higher than regular season baseball on espn. this is for dudes running 40 and doing the long jump and shit. crazy.
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    81 wrote:
    I'm good. Got the flyers and bulls to follow

I'm very good enough of football.....I have the Red Sox, the Celtics and the BRUINS to look forward so football can go. They probably won't be ANY football next year anyway, which would be fine by me.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Nope...Phillies baby!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    nope, NHL is in the stretch run and then 2 months of playoffs
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

i know a couple people who actually dvr that shit and analyze tape to prepare for april :lol:

the ratings for this thing are insane. they are actually higher than regular season baseball on espn. this is for dudes running 40 and doing the long jump and shit. crazy.

Don't watch the combine, I do watch the first 2 rounds of the draft, as a cowboy fan the rest of the draft is pointless, Jerry always finds a way to screw it up.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:

Don't watch the combine, I do watch the first 2 rounds of the draft, as a cowboy fan the rest of the draft is pointless, Jerry always finds a way to screw it up.

...he's been known to screw up a 1st and 2nd rounder before too. ;)

what are your thoughts on their interest in cam?
    www.myspace.com
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I'm always let down when the SuperBowl is over knowing it will be months before it starts again.
    #FHP
    lukin2006 wrote:

You are so right about 1st and 2nd round picks, it seems just less likely :wink:. With so many needs on D and the O line I'm not sure why the interest, except that Jones always likes the high profile players. I don't like it myself, did he not have some issue at Auburn about NCAA violations? I'm not sure if he did. I would like to see them address the secondary, that is a real weakness. If they could draft a cornerback and sign O.J. Atogwe that could help the D out. They need O line help as well. Quarterback help??? If they draft Cam, do they release Romo? Cam will demand first round pay. Can't see Jones paying 2 quarterbacks several million a year and 1 will be the back up. I would have to say if they draft Cam then Jones thinks they are a 1 or 2 away from a winner :evil: :evil:. I thought the O was very good under Jason and would be better with Bryant have a full year in the O, figured if they could improve the D by a 4-7 points a game we would be competing for division title.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:

Just curious do you think Kolb get traded this year? Or do they wait 1 more season?

• fuck the NFL. boooooooooring. can't wait for CFL to start again. Go Bombers!!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    Newch91 wrote:
    Nope. I've been waiting for baseball to start.

same here
  • I've been going mental these last couple Sunday's. I don't know what to do with myself.

I can't wait for the draft to get here.

Right after the draft I'll start doing my own fantasy rankings and start doing some mocks.

i've been known to in the past, althought i've not caught any of it this year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • That's what I love about football.

The season feels so short and then there is so much anticipation for it to come back in the fall.

If the same type of principle was applied to baseball, I don't think as many people would lose interest. It is hard to be hyped up when there are 162 games over six and a half months.
    Well, fuckers, he still stands.
  • That's what I love about football.

The season feels so short and then there is so much anticipation for it to come back in the fall.

If the same type of principle was applied to baseball, I don't think as many people would lose interest. It is hard to be hyped up when there are 162 games over six and a half months.

this.

but this applies to me more with hockey.
  • 81 wrote:

Not me. I've always hated the draft and the very sight of Mel Kiper Jr makes me want to kill somebody (preferably him). And I know I'm not the first person to pose this question but let me throw it out there again: What the hell has Mel Kiper Sr ever done to warrant his son billing himself as "Jr."? I mean, I can see why Ken Griffy Jr. has "Jr" on his name....his father was a famous ballplayer. But who's Mel Kiper Sr? And while we're at it, what the hell did Ted Ginn Sr ever do other than breed the lamest player in Miami Dolphins history?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Just curious do you think Kolb get traded this year? Or do they wait 1 more season?

to me, cam newton is perfect for the cowboys. i really hope they draft him. :lol: jerry jones needs to fire the gm down there...

the kolb thing is interesting. he wants out and only has 1 year left. normally the birds would trade him. but who knows with the whole cba situation. i don't believe any trades with current players can be made until there is an agreement right?
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

Not me. I've always hated the draft and the very sight of Mel Kiper Jr makes me want to kill somebody (preferably him). And I know I'm not the first person to pose this question but let me throw it out there again: What the hell has Mel Kiper Sr ever done to warrant his son billing himself as "Jr."? I mean, I can see why Ken Griffy Jr. has "Jr" on his name....his father was a famous ballplayer. But who's Mel Kiper Sr? And while we're at it, what the hell did Ted Ginn Sr ever do other than breed the lamest player in Miami Dolphins history?

this is hilarious :clap:
    www.myspace.com
    lukin2006 wrote:

to me, cam newton is perfect for the cowboys. i really hope they draft him. :lol: jerry jones needs to fire the gm down there...

the kolb thing is interesting. he wants out and only has 1 year left. normally the birds would trade him. but who knows with the whole cba situation. i don't believe any trades with current players can be made until there is an agreement right?

I can see Jerry drafting him, no doubt. I agree the gm should no doubt be fired, why can't he be happy with the title of owner, president and head of marketing :? :? :?

tough call on kolb then, keep him and lose him to free agency or trade him and try to get as much as possible.

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Paul David wrote:
    fuck the NFL. boooooooooring. can't wait for CFL to start again. Go Bombers!!!
    CFL? Really?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    ill take the spring and summer for 7 month...thanks though

...says the guy who left the Super Bowl early. :lol: :roll:
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young

this is hilarious :clap:

i'll assume there is a joke in there someplace with the Sr. and jr. comments.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,404
    I know it's kind of a joke, but just because someone's dad wasn't famous doesn't mean he shouldn't be respected by his son going by Jr. or whatever.

Part of me couldn't give a shit if the NFL ever comes back. Just have to watch Eagles lose in the playoffs again.

I am looking forward to Al Golden at Miami and seeing if Temple football can keep it going. But yeah, I can wait. 8-)

Besides, March Madness, NHL Playoffs and baseball, glorious baseball season are coming up. Life is good. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16