Options

Buy My PJ Stuff To Help Me Buy My PJ Stuff...

Comments

• Options
    deubelldeubell Posts: 19
    Received my 2010 Buffalo poster, thanks!
    Toronto 8/18/93, Toronto 10/5/00, Buffalo 5/2/03, London 9/12/05, Toronto 5/10/06, St. Paul 6/26/06, Toronto 8/21/09, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, Alpine Valley 9/3 & 9/4/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Buffalo 10/12/13, Detroit 10/16/14, Boston 8/7/16, Boston 9/4/18, Hamilton 9/6/22, Nashville 9/16/22, Louisville 9/17/22, Fort Worth 9/13 & 9/15/23, Austin 9/18 & 9/19/23
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Went to my consultations. Some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is the guy saw all my art I brought and told me there is no way I could get all the art I wanted to fit in one half sleeve. He said I had enough art to make 2 full sleeves! What I have to do is instead of trying to create a giant piece, I'm going to be going in every other week for a new piece and they will all fit together like a mosaic...should be really, really cool.

The good news is I'm heading down Tuesday again to put some money down and book my appointment for as soon as the guy can take me.

As for my stuff for sale, still a few more items left...I'd love to sell them.

-DMW
  • Options
    Added a few new items in the Vinyl/CD section.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    PM Sent...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Received my 4 cd's yesterday. In tip-top condition, DMW's a top guy. He's got some great stuff for sale, so get hold of it while you can! (I'd buy a few more things but I'm skint now lol)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Thanks.

I'm getting my first piece done Tuesday afternoon...I will post pics... ;)
  • Options
    Alright people...Last bump (till I post a pic or two) going for my first piece (of many) tomorrow afternoon..send me a PM and snag up some stuff that's left for sale...

Thanks,
    -DMW
  • Options
    Little bit of a bummer...I was supposed to go for the tattoo today at noon. On Thursday I went in and put down $100 deposit and signed an agreement that if I had to cancel, I needed to give them at least 48 hours notice "NO EXCEPTIONS"

I booked a half day today at work because I was going to leave here at 11-ish and I just got a voice mail at 8 from someone at the shop saying the artist has to cancel because his mother in-law got really sick and he had to bolt for a few days to Kitchener. (I don't know why they felt the need to tell me so much information...seems like kind of a private matter).

Should I be pissed? I mean, would that $100 deposit agreement not hold some weight in my favor? What about the half day I booked? I've got two very young kids and any time I can save vacation time, I'm going to. What if it was my mother in law who was ill? would they be as understanding?

At the same time, I don't want to make a stink because this guy will be ultimately putting permanent ink on my body...

Thoughts on how I should handle this? Should I even mention anything or just re-book?
  • Options
    Little bit of a bummer...I was supposed to go for the tattoo today at noon. On Thursday I went in and put down $100 deposit and signed an agreement that if I had to cancel, I needed to give them at least 48 hours notice "NO EXCEPTIONS"

I booked a half day today at work because I was going to leave here at 11-ish and I just got a voice mail at 8 from someone at the shop saying the artist has to cancel because his mother in-law got really sick and he had to bolt for a few days to Kitchener. (I don't know why they felt the need to tell me so much information...seems like kind of a private matter).

Should I be pissed? I mean, would that $100 deposit agreement not hold some weight in my favor? What about the half day I booked? I've got two very young kids and any time I can save vacation time, I'm going to. What if it was my mother in law who was ill? would they be as understanding?

At the same time, I don't want to make a stink because this guy will be ultimately putting permanent ink on my body...

Thoughts on how I should handle this? Should I even mention anything or just re-book?

I'd just re-book. Its happened to me in the past where they've cancelled on me & I've had to re-schedule the inking. Then again I've had to postpone on them as well in the past so its swings & roundabouts.

I know how you feel though, when they've cancelled/postponed on me I feel mad but then I calm down. I get so excited about getting the tattoo started and then you feel let down. They cancelled on me with 3 hours notice once!

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I've been thinking it over and it was a little selfish on my end...I just hope we can get it rescheduled soon as there is some money sitting in my bank account I really want to spend :)
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,313
    Yeah, let it slide. He should be really accommodating and do a great job for you if you stay cool.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Definetely let it go.

Tattoo Artists are some of the coolest peeps I have ever met. I've had 7 different artist ink me and every single one has been an ace of a person. I think the dickhead ones find another profession.

I was able to get inked yesterday, about 2.5 hours worth of BZZZZZZZZ.

No Albany either? I got your PM that it was pending, was it pending from me clear back on the 8th? I'm a little scattered at times.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    No Albany either? I got your PM that it was pending, was it pending from me clear back on the 8th? I'm a little scattered at times.
    Haha I think so. PM me again and we'll sort it out.

Just called back to re-book. The earliest I can get back in is Tuesday April 5th...So until then...BUY MORE OF MY STUFF! :)
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Just got my Yield from DMW

Easiest and quickest PJ transaction I have had...

Buy his stuff :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    just got my boots....thanks buddy

Wow...those took a little time gettign there, didn't they?

If anyone has still not received their stuff, Let me know. I've got a whole pouch in my backpack filled with postal slips and I'd like to throw a few of them away...

Thanks.
    -DMW

Also, does anyone want to take me up on this offer? viewtopic.php?f=20&t=152364#p3539861
  • Options
    Weekend Bump...
  • Options
    Going tomorrow...super excited. I was bummed when they canceled a few weeks ago but I think that just makes it even better now...

I'll post pics tomorrow afternoon if there is any interest. I've got a nice day to myself...Cutting out of work at 11...going up to a greasy spoon for breakfast (pemeal bacon, hashbrowns, eggs) then off to the tat appointment. After the tat I'm going to a record store just a few doors down and killing some time there...last time I went down to the tat shop I stopped in there on the way home. I was rushed though and I only managed to pick up 2 albums...Tomorrow, I'm not walking out of there until I've got at least 5 new pieces of wax...Then I'm going to come home, have a few beers (Cameron's) and watch the Blue Jays...Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Good luck with your sitting tomorrow dude.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,725
    Scott, do you have a benny vinyl available?
  • Options
    Going tomorrow...super excited. I was bummed when they canceled a few weeks ago but I think that just makes it even better now...

I'll post pics tomorrow afternoon if there is any interest. I've got a nice day to myself...Cutting out of work at 11...going up to a greasy spoon for breakfast (pemeal bacon, hashbrowns, eggs) then off to the tat appointment. After the tat I'm going to a record store just a few doors down and killing some time there...last time I went down to the tat shop I stopped in there on the way home. I was rushed though and I only managed to pick up 2 albums...Tomorrow, I'm not walking out of there until I've got at least 5 new pieces of wax...Then I'm going to come home, have a few beers (Cameron's) and watch the Blue Jays...Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

Nice, looking forward to pics tomorrow afternoon dude! How many hours is your sitting tomorrow?

• Options
    Here's my tattoo from yesterday...I think the image is too large to post so here's the link...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5027/559 ... 903a_b.jpg
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,725
    Here's my tattoo from yesterday...I think the image is too large to post so here's the link...

very nicely done so far....
  • Options

OMFG THAT IS SWEET!!!

Trying to make it thru the summer w/out getting another tat, myself... should be a challenge. started off 3 years ago, and have gotten one each summer. GD they're addicting!!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options

Dude that looks fantastic, from one sitting as well. When is the next sitting?

• Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    just got my boots....thanks buddy

Wow...those took a little time gettign there, didn't they?

If anyone has still not received their stuff, Let me know. I've got a whole pouch in my backpack filled with postal slips and I'd like to throw a few of them away...

Thanks.
    -DMW

Also, does anyone want to take me up on this offer? viewtopic.php?f=20&t=152364#p3539861

i still not receive the package but i keep my fingers cross hoping that italian postage works once in a while...
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    receive today the stuff. well done. great transaction.
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    UPDATED LIST...Please PM with offers...apparently there might be a Canadian tour coming up I need to get some funds for.

EDIT: See First Post.
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • Options
    Just kind of posting this for myself more than anything but I just wanted to let those who are interested in my progress know that I went today to book my next appointment for my tattoo. I would have gone back in June for my next piece but I just had a destination wedding I had to attend and I didn't want any unhealed tattoos to worry about in the sun and salt water. I got back Saturday so I figured it was time to get started again. Only shitty thing is that although I had my consultation today (and put down a deposit) my appointment is not till August 23rd...still excited though.

If anyone wants to play a little game, first person to guess what poster the next piece is from, I'll send you 5 of the 2006 Bootlegs. Ripped to disc and complete with case artwork. I've got shipping covered.

-DMW