Softball Sponsorship

darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,304
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Okay, so this may be a bit off the wall here but I'm just looking for ideas. So I play on 3 different softball teams every summer. Each team requires a different sponsor (or person) willing to pay a $575.00 entry fee. In the past, we've typically only been able to find bars/pubs or construction companies to sponsor. This year we have two different bars each sponsoring 1 team. This year, we have been unable to find a sponsor for our 3rd team. The $575.00 is a large amount of money, but can be claimed on a companies, or individuals taxes.

So I know it seems odd to ask here but does anybody have any ideas on where I could look for a company to sponsor us?
"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Try law and financial firms. It is inexpensive advertising for both groups.
    2009: Philly 3 & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG I
    2011: EV Philly
    2012: Philly MIA
    2013: Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 & 2, Baltimore
  • I'll give it a try. A common issue we have run into is places will sponsor when they have employees on the team. That may not be the case for these institutions. Thanks for the input.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    There was a time I played on traveling 5 different softball teams (5 x's a week) from slow pitch to fast pitch. Most were sponsored but the few that were not we broke down our entry fee to the players on the team....which turned out to be around $40.

Even you were able to find sponsors won't you still have to purchase uniforms that represent those sponsors? Which could cost as much or more if you broke the entry fees down to each player.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Our plan with the uniforms is to have all the sponsors listed on one shirt. A hand full of us will be on all 3 teams. Another hand full on 2 of the 3 teams and a few people will only play on 1 team.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Our plan with the uniforms is to have all the sponsors listed on one shirt. A hand full of us will be on all 3 teams. Another hand full on 2 of the 3 teams and a few people will only play on 1 team.

Hmmmm that's a first, most sponsors I've dealt with want their own shirts or representation on the uniforms, hats etc. They paid all of the cost or a portion and we paid the rest. One sponsor offered our team if we won the division and or any tournaments they took care of uniforms and cost for when we traveled, we won and it was so nice when they took care of everything.. That was one of the elite teams I played for long ago. However it goes down i wish you well and may you rack up many victories.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Chico's Bail Bonds sponsored my team but that was way back in the 70's.