Options

More stupid ebay stuff

oldfannewposteroldfannewposter Posts: 128
edited July 2008 in The Porch
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160259878119&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Read the description and look at the shirt. I bought one at Bonnaroo because I thought it was show specific, but I also went to the Garden and Mansfield. They had this at Mansfield and Camden.

But the guy calls it show specific and rare!! Tool.
"One just escapes, one's left inside the well... and he who forgets will be destined to remember"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,113
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160259878119&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Read the description and look at the shirt. I bought one at Bonnaroo because I thought it was show specific, but I also went to the Garden and Mansfield. They had this at Mansfield and Camden.

It is show specific...It has Manchester, TN on it and the date of 6/14/08...I have that shirt.

If they had it later, then people were buying a Bonnaroo shirt at another venue which is a bit strange.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Can't believe the bid starts at $70; I think they were selling them at other venues until they ran out; they didn't have them at the later shows
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    I bought it at Bonnaroo too and it really disappointed me that they sold the SAME SHIRT with the 6/14 date and everything at every subsequent concert thereafter.

Rare? My ass!
  • Options

what do you care exactly?

are you buying it?

are you going to make 97 more threads every time you see a piece of pearl jam merchandise up for sale on ebay?

do you even know how ebay works? or selling anything for that matter? people tend to stretch the truth to make a sale. It's how things work in a capitalist society.

So your complaint is what? that someone is selling a pearl jam shirt? or that someone is selling a pearl jam shirt of which their definition of "rare" is not the same as yours?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    what do you care exactly?

are you buying it?

are you going to make 97 more threads every time you see a piece of pearl jam merchandise up for sale on ebay?

do you even know how ebay works? or selling anything for that matter? people tend to stretch the truth to make a sale. It's how things work in a capitalist society.

So your complaint is what? that someone is selling a pearl jam shirt? or that someone is selling a pearl jam shirt of which their definition of "rare" is not the same as yours?

WOW...you are angry Joe....
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
    they didn't have them at virginia beach that i saw but they did have them at both camden shows. they were out of xl's so i didn't buy one. didn't really want it anyways b/c i didn't go to roo but it is a bad ass shirt. i love the design. wish they would have just had a regular east coast tour version.
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    i was going to buy one of these at roo, but they didn't have any xxl
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Hopper wrote:
    WOW...you are angry Joe....

it's just annoying coming to a bulletin board and seeing the same 5 threads every day

"ebay shocker! tenclub please remove this item!"

"my tickets weren't close enough"

"why won't pearl jam play my city/country?"

"ed talks about politics too much!"

buncha whiners, i swear. people make jokes about this place and for damn good reason.
  • Options
    PjWeezyPjWeezy Posts: 159
    I missed out on this shirt at Roo and am really regretting not getting it because although they did sell it at other shows on tour, they didnt have any L or XL's.
  • Options
    PjWeezy wrote:
    I missed out on this shirt at Roo and am really regretting not getting it because although they did sell it at other shows on tour, they didnt have any L or XL's.

it's not like it's rare or anything. ask the guy who started the thread.

this shirt is apparently in huge supply everywhere.

no need to check ebay for this sort of thing. no sir. not at all.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    i was going to buy one of these at roo, but they didn't have any xxl

They did...they must have sold out.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    it's just annoying coming to a bulletin board and seeing the same 5 threads every day

yet, you still come back ;)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    They did...they must have sold out.
    I really wish you hadn't told me that :(

Oh well.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Can't believe the bid starts at $70; I think they were selling them at other venues until they ran out; they didn't have them at the later shows

They were not selling them at Tampa.
    Probably a knock off.

I have one of my employees making me a shirt from the artwork on the Camden Poster. I can put whatever damn date I want on it and make it look legit.
    Gets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hate
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

But his heart don't seem to roam......
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870

buncha whiners, i swear. people make jokes about this place and for damn good reason.

whats the fifth thread??? ;)
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    They were not selling them at Tampa.
    Probably a knock off.

no, it's real- they sold them at the merchandise booth at Roo. They sold them after Roo because what else were they going to do with them? throw them away? Might as well make some more money on them if they can
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Anybody who pays that kind of money for a shirt deserves to get ripped off. I can make em one for $10.00

• Options
    Anybody who pays that kind of money for a shirt deserves to get ripped off. I can make em one for $10.00

I guess my last statement wasn't thought out.
    Well... To be fair, I did have to spend quite a bit of money up front for the supplies that I needed to be able to screen shirts.

If they can get $70.00 for that shirt then more power to them. I just hope that some of that money gets to the band someday.

• Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203

man i agree with you in some respects....it does get old sometimes....but people love to bitch...fact of life...and given the opportunity...people will!
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    StoneyChixStoneyChix Posts: 125
    Whoever this guy is that is selling this Merch on eBay is ridiculous..I'm from Oz and wanted to buy a tour Hoodie that he had listed, This dude just charges WAAAY too much for the stuff he's selling, I mean he wanted $100 for the hoodie!! c'mon $100 for a hoodie that would have cost half that!!!

I was also wanting to buy this t-shirt your talking about cause i thought it was a one of a kind from Bonnaroo...at least i know now that it's not...thankgod...would still lke the t-shirt though, looks so cool!!!! :):)
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    having spent $250 to go to bonnaroo and $30 on this shirt on bonnaroo, i am upset to find out that this shirt was sold at other venues during the tour...part of the appeal of this shirt was the rarity and exclusivity with regards to bonnaroo, i.e., a unique item associated solely with a particular show - knowing that it was available at multiple shows, and more specifically, shows that were not bonnaroo, really takes away some of the perspective value - for instance, i have a shirt from buffalo 1996 - it says buffalo 1996 on it, and if i found out that the buffalo 1996 shirt was sold at hartford 96, charleston 96, and toledo 96, it would take on a different meaning, one less unique as it would otherwise seem
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
    Bonnaroo they sold out of the XL PJ Event shirt. Starting in Camden they sold the red shirt up until MSG 2 when they sold out of all sizes.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    Why would anyone want to buy a Bonnaroo shirt if they didn't go?

WHo cares if they sold it at later venues...it's still a Manchester, TN specific shirt. Now $70 is rididculous.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    Why would anyone want to buy a Bonnaroo shirt if they didn't go?

WHo cares if they sold it at later venues...it's still a Manchester, TN specific shirt. Now $70 is rididculous.

Imagine if you suggested that about PJ posters????

It would start a RIOT!!!!!!!
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    ozpjman wrote:
    whats the fifth thread??? ;)

THe fifth thread is "I am so sick of people whining, so I am going to whine about how people whine"

Joe is just as big of a whiner as anyone else if not more so.
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    THe fifth thread is "I am so sick of people whining, so I am going to whine about how people whine"

Joe is just as big of a whiner as anyone else if not more so.

agreed.

the fifth group is "pj fans who are sick of cliche pj fans"