Anyone have a Bowflex?

CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Any pointers on which to get? I have a budget of $1200, and came across the bowflex blaze on Amazon for $800+ tax..... It looks like a good buy

Any feedback would be much appreciated
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I have their adjustable dumbbells. You can get a set of those under what your looking to spend. I would think a full set of dumbbells from 10-90 lbs would be more versatile than a Bowflex
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I have their adjustable dumbbells. You can get a set of those under what your looking to spend. I would think a full set of dumbbells from 10-90 lbs would be more versatile than a Bowflex

Cool.... I've heard good things. I was thinking of getting the Blaze and dumbbells. My brother will split the cost with me, and together it would be about $1200.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I have had the dumbbells for over 3 years and haven't had issues. I am very careful with them and I am the only person who uses them.

I read reviews and the bowflex ones seem to break though. There is an iron gym one and something called "power block" that got better reviews as far as durability.

Like I said though, Im careful with mine, they dont get overused and they are as good as the day I got them. I also have the stand for them and an decline/incline adjustable bench.

Along with a chin up bar that goes in a door frame, some push up bars, resistance bands, and some weighted gloves I havent stepped in or paid for a gym in years and have gotten in much better shape. This would be all you need to do something like p90x as well.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2011
    no
    Post edited by rollings on
  • BlockheadBlockhead Posts: 1,538
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Any pointers on which to get? I have a budget of $1200, and came across the bowflex blaze on Amazon for $800+ tax..... It looks like a good buy

Any feedback would be much appreciated
    for around 1200 you could get a basic squat rack, bench, bar, and weight plates. I am not really sure what your fitness goals are, but bowlfex is pretty worthless.
    With what I listed above you could do basic compound lifts (squats, bench, incline, curls, deadlifts, chin ups,).
    PM me if you want any additional info like brands/companies and such. I played D1 college football and had one of the greatest strength / conditioning coaches out there.