Options

My backyard . . .

2»

Comments

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Quite a change there 5th!! We are supposed to get a really cold system from Alaska this weekend
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    I think it's the same weather system. It's running down the Western Coast.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Yes, it's really heavy. Great for making snowballs, snowmen and snow fort though. Not today though, the wind is up and it's pretty darn cold for Victoria.

It is still cold there! My daughter likes to look at the weather on her ipod(don't know why...) but she told me at breakfast that Victoria has the same little line in front of it that our weather always has (she is 7) I had to double check...I rarely gets below zero there. That is why I dream of living there. But it must be freezing there right now...but its way colder in Calgary, -32 with wind chill this AM!
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    guitar59 wrote:
    Yes, it's really heavy. Great for making snowballs, snowmen and snow fort though. Not today though, the wind is up and it's pretty darn cold for Victoria.

It is still cold there! My daughter likes to look at the weather on her ipod(don't know why...) but she told me at breakfast that Victoria has the same little line in front of it that our weather always has (she is 7) I had to double check...I rarely gets below zero there. That is why I dream of living there. But it must be freezing there right now...but its way colder in Calgary, -32 with wind chill this AM!

Yeah, I guess we hit a new low with -16C last night :shock: At least it started melting today though. I was watching the weather report this morning, saw it was forecast for -45C in Saskatoon :o :shock: and in the -50s with the windchill today. The magenta patch indicating extremely cold weather stretched over all of Southern Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Brrrr . . . hope everyone is keeping warm.

Looks like California is getting some of the Arctic weather at the moment :?
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Got some of your snow this morning---melted now though and partly bright blue skies! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    we got maybe an inch last night.

i'm not shoveling it, suppose to be 41 tommorrow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Yeah, I guess we hit a new low with -16C last night :shock: At least it started melting today though. I was watching the weather report this morning, saw it was forecast for -45C in Saskatoon :o :shock: and in the -50s with the windchill today. The magenta patch indicating extremely cold weather stretched over all of Southern Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Brrrr . . . hope everyone is keeping warm.

Looks like California is getting some of the Arctic weather at the moment :?
    I was gonna say....is this a thread from an island dweller looking for sympathy for bad weather??? :lol:
    Its frickin BRUTAL in AB today :( I thought the forecast was for near zero before it went in the tank again...so much for one nice day this weekend booooo super windy and cold...i'm about over winter, and i even got two weeks in the tropics this year... Bring on daylight savings time and the big thaw!