Options

Memo to PeteTownshend FIRE Daltrey and hire Eddie Vedder!

FARAWAY EYESFARAWAY EYES Posts: 24
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Let's be honest here for a minute. Daltrey's voice is completely SHOT! It has been for years. ANybody who says he can still sing needs their ears checked. He sounds like he's full of phlegm. On the flip side, Eddie can sing WHo songs now better than Roger can. Pj hasn't done a decent record in years. Album sales,ticket sales, and poularity is at an all time low. Fan club memberships have dropped dramatically as well, as many here have complained about the REASONABLY $50-$60 they charge for a concert. Yet, these same so called fans will shell out huge dollars for DMB,U2, and GOD AWFUL Police reunion. Why not create a new WHo, and during the show Eddie can bust out Betterman and ELderly WOman acoustically as a tribute to PJ. Who knows, this could be huge, and the popularity of this may reach the heights of the ROlling Stones poularity!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Memo to Pete Townshend:

disregard everything FARAWAY EYES just said and focus on not looking at little boys on the internet.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Let's be honest here for a minute. Daltrey's voice is completely SHOT! It has been for years. ANybody who says he can still sing needs their ears checked. He sounds like he's full of phlegm. On the flip side, Eddie can sing WHo songs now better than Roger can. Pj hasn't done a decent record in years. Album sales,ticket sales, and poularity is at an all time low. Fan club memberships have dropped dramatically as well, as many here have complained about the REASONABLY $50-$60 they charge for a concert. Yet, these same so called fans will shell out huge dollars for DMB,U2, and GOD AWFUL Police reunion. Why not create a new WHo, and during the show Eddie can bust out Betterman and ELderly WOman acoustically as a tribute to PJ. Who knows, this could be huge, and the popularity of this may reach the heights of the ROlling Stones poularity!!

look momma, a real live crazy person! can we keep him, can we???
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    look momma, a real live crazy person! can we keep him, can we???
    What is crazy about that. It's perfectly legit. Roger is toast, and Eddie is an adequate fill in.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Wha wa wa whaaat?!!
  • Options
    What is crazy about that. It's perfectly legit. Roger is toast, and Eddie is an adequate fill in.

but that couldn't be called 'The Who' when Pete would be the only real member. If Ed and Pete did their own tour filled with PJ, Who, solo songs, and covers, that's one thing. but Ed can't be in The Who
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    but that couldn't be called 'The Who' when Pete would be the only real member. If Ed and Pete did their own tour filled with PJ, Who, solo songs, and covers, that's one thing. but Ed can't be in The Who
    Fine. Don't call it the who, but dump Roger and hire Eddie. Though, calling it the WHo would help with album sales, tour gross, and all around popularity.
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Oh good, we've got another one.....

'pearl jam haven't done anything decent in years' - yawn.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    ummmmmm.............no.
  • Options
    Oh good, we've got another one.....

'pearl jam haven't done anything decent in years' - yawn.
    I love PJ, but we have lost a tremendous amount of fan support over the years, and it is due to poor new material. I don't know how popular they are overseas, but in the U.S. our last tour had some humiliating attendance figures. At many shows ugly black tarps were brought out to "hide" SEVERAL unsold sections, as to not humiliate the band. Many shows got "Toronto"ed!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djcAgrZmsMA
  • Options
    Fine. Don't call it the who, but dump Roger and hire Eddie. Though, calling it the WHo would help with album sales, tour gross, and all around popularity.

no it wouldn't. Real hardcore Who fans wouldn't want to see Roger ditched in favor of Eddie just like hardcore PJ fans wouldn't want to see Mike or Stone ditched for Pete Townshend.

but I like the idea of Eddie and Pete together. the two of them with a backing band would be great as a side project sort of tour.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    I love PJ, but we have lost a tremendous amount of fan support over the years, and it is due to poor new material.

You must be very naive to truly believe that.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    no it wouldn't. Real hardcore Who fans wouldn't want to see Roger ditched in favor of Eddie just like hardcore PJ fans wouldn't want to see Mike or Stone ditched for Pete Townshend.

but I like the idea of Eddie and Pete together. the two of them with a backing band would be great as a side project sort of tour.
    Eddie may be booed by WHo fans?!?!? Humiliating. Developing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDHbnF0z4EE
  • Options
    prince119prince119 Posts: 104
    You know.......every now and then someone comes up with a brilliant idea that can change the world and really make a difference in the direction of our culture. An idea that truly takes music into a new and vibrant direction. An idea so important that MILLIONS should hear it and be in awe of it.

This idea, sadly, IS NOT IT
  • Options
    I love PJ, but we have lost a tremendous amount of fan support over the years, and it is due to poor new material. I don't know how popular they are overseas, but in the U.S. our last tour had some humiliating attendance figures. At many shows ugly black tarps were brought out to "hide" SEVERAL unsold sections, as to not humiliate the band. Many shows got "Toronto"ed!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djcAgrZmsMA
    Chicago always sells out.. there was an estimated 100k people at their Lollapolooza show. Of course they aren't as popular as they once were, but they still perform pretty damn good!.. And Avocado is my favorite Pearl Jam album. I personally prefer the newer stuff over the older stuff, otherwise, I probably wouldn't be posting here.
  • Options
    Eddie may be booed by WHo fans?!?!? Humiliating. Developing.

I'm not taking the time to watch this video. all I'm saying is that Ed as a REPLACEMENT for Roger would totally be booed by Who fans. coming on stage to perform a couple songs with the Who? he'd be cheered.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Chicago always sells out.. there was an estimated 100k people at their Lollapolooza show. Of course they aren't as popular as they once were, but they still perform pretty damn good!.. And Avocado is my favorite Pearl Jam album. I personally prefer the newer stuff over the older stuff, otherwise, I probably wouldn't be posting here.
    Chicago is a few miles fom Eds hometown. It SHOULD sell out. Lolla doesn't count because there are a ton of other bands that people are there to see.
    My reports from the last two shows form the Gorge, had a junior varsity football fields worth of space on the lawn. Appox only 75% capacity for those shows.
  • Options
    Chicago is a few miles fom Eds hometown. It SHOULD sell out. Lolla doesn't count because there are a ton of other bands that people are there to see.
    My reports from the last two shows form the Gorge, had a junior varsity football fields worth of space on the lawn. Appox only 75% capacity for those shows.
    What would you blame the poor attendence on then? Because the Who, Rolling Stones, Dave Matthews and Police haven't had "hit" records in years, even decades. You can't tell me the last few Pearl Jam albums doing poorly has an effect on this.
  • Options
    What would you blame the poor attendence on then? Because the Who, Rolling Stones, Dave Matthews and Police haven't had "hit" records in years, even decades. You can't tell me the last few Pearl Jam albums doing poorly has an effect on this.
    DMB and Police are yuppie no talent that attract a weenie crowd. It has nothing to do with the music. These are the Lite beer audiences. Many of the audience members for those two bands as well as U2 are have defected from Pj to "join the party" The Stones have had hit albums. "Bigger Bang" went gold, and Bridges to Babylon and Vodoo Lounge went Platinum. Vodoo and Babylon each had a single in the top 20. The WHo attendance has dwindled over the years. This is why I am calling for such a merger.
  • Options
    rudiger10rudiger10 Posts: 129
    I'm not sure what "'Who" your talkin about, but I saw them in November of 05, and thought Daltrey's voice was perfect, just spot on. It was one of, if not the, greatest show i've ever seen (remember, ive never seen Pearl Jam :'(
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • Options
    DMB and Police are yuppie no talent that attract a weenie crowd. It has nothing to do with the music. These are the Lite beer audiences. Many of the audience members for those two bands as well as U2 are have defected from Pj to "join the party" The Stones have had hit albums. "Bigger Bang" went gold, and Bridges to Babylon and Vodoo Lounge went Platinum. Vodoo and Babylon each had a single in the top 20. The WHo attendance has dwindled over the years. This is why I am calling for such a merger.
    Excuse me, but the Police were brilliant!
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953

Rogers voice is not shot at all. It sounds Great! True the voice changes over time after singing for so many years, but Rog can still belt it out. The scream in "won't get fooled again" will tell you that. Saw the who twice on their last tour, and at the Oklahoma city stop Roger had just gotten over the flu (He was still recovering a wee bit), but the show was fantastic. So no, the who are doing just fine with their current line up.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559

I hope you feel that way about Smashing Pumpkins.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Pj hasn't done a decent record in years. Album sales,ticket sales, and poularity is at an all time low.
    check them ear's and while your at it check them eyes too.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    I'm 43 and grew up with The Who and loved them as much as a person could love a band. Their days as a viable band have long been numbered. The 82' farewell tour was it for them as mainstream. They unfortunately got old before their time. I saw them a few times throughout the 90's and it pains me to see them still tour. Yes, Vedder is a more powerful singer at this point than Daltrey, but would you want Eddie replaced in Pearl Jam by a younger singer with a more powerful voice? Come on. The next thing that you'll suggest is that Kieth Richards is replaced by Stone Gossard.

Hightide02
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    rudiger10 wrote:
    I'm not sure what "'Who" your talkin about, but I saw them in November of 05, and thought Daltrey's voice was perfect, just spot on. It was one of, if not the, greatest show i've ever seen (remember, ive never seen Pearl Jam :'(

Yea I concur.. I saw them on the last tour and Daltrey's voice is still great... horrible idea.. IMO
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    All this jackass is doing is trying to get all of us to go watch the new Rolling Stones trailer. Every youtube link he has posted relates to that.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    All this jackass is doing is trying to get all of us to go watch the new Rolling Stones trailer. Every youtube link he has posted relates to that.
    I was thinking the same thing- what a douche
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    rudiger10rudiger10 Posts: 129
    I was wonderin why that was there, what a douche bad
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • Options
    in his defense that RS movie looks like itll be sweet... the only thing its lacking is the 3 dimensionality of U2 3D :p (which is a cool concept by the way that i hope PJ tries sometime... the trailer for the U2 thing made if feel like i was at an actual concert... except not actually amongst a sea of bono lovin losers)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

Pete Fires Roger ?

Guess You Didnt See Amazing Journey
    or the Concert for NYC after 9-11.

this band is still as relevant as ever ( even tho its only 50 % of The Who and some of the songs are 40 years old )
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life