Options

Giveaway: For New / Expecting Parents - WINNER!

voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
edited March 2011 in Lost Dogs
Well as a parent I missed out on having our little girl in a PJ onesie, sure we will be trying to have another little one this year but I don't want to hold onto the onesie I just got through the Club. So if your little one is a newborn or are expecting, 6 months or less please feel free to enter.

And just for fun let us know your favorite PJ song and what it means to you.

I will put names in a hat and do a random drawing on March 1st.

Good luck all!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Hey cool idea for a giveaway! Not long found out bambino #3 arriving later this year! Just when we thought we where getting this madhouse under control aswell! Anyway would love to have a pj onsie for our new arrival when he/she gets here!! Thanks for the chance and have fun trying for your next baba!! Ha ha !!
  • Options
    Cool draw. I would enter but one onesie aint enough (see my profile pic) :D
    4 months to go...
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • Options
    Whoops forgot to tell you my favourite (or one of them!) song. Saying as it's about babies I'll go for "lowlight" as it came on randomly when I was called to the hospital for the birth of my first baby LIly in 2003. As a result it always brings me back to that special time... Always fancied getting the lyrics tattooed on me under her name but never seem to have the spare cash! Anyway thanks again!
  • Options
    Very cool giveaway! I've been wanting to order all the onesies! lol

My first son, Jaxon is due in July!

My favorite PJ song at the moment is Spin the Black Circle.

Thanks for the chance!
    ...to live in the present tense...
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    My sister had a gorgeous little girl, Ruby, 3 days before Christmas... 3 days... "3 days, maybe longer"... Last Exit!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    can i enter for my adorable little brand new niece, lena augustine?

she was born 6 weeks ago and her mama is as huge a pj fan as i. and little lena is sure to be as well!!

corduroy! i had such high expectations for pj's 2nd album after loving ten so completely. and this song made it clear that they were gonna pay off for the rest of my life!!!
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    My wife and I are just newly expecting. Pretty excited to be bringing a new life to the world.

One of the best pj songs to me is spin the black circle. The song that "really" got me into pj. Still remember the first time I heard it, on the Grammys of all places. I heard that ten second clip and was blown away.
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    wow!!! nice and perfect timing :) my first daughter ISABELLA is due on April 16th... so this will be awesome...

my favorite song at the moment is "just breath" specially for what I am experiencing with this new role in life... and I'm waiting to feel her first breath in my arms...

Thanks again and congrats to all the expecting parents out there!!!
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    Of course anyone can enter for nieces and nephews. Liking the input so far.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    That's such a great idea!!!!! My little girl has grown out of her Stickman onsie but I kinda want to keep it as a keepsake (I know!! Just imagine what I'll be like when she has to go to school!!) But she's way to big for 6 month clothes now so good luck folks!!! :D:D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    I'm not ashamed to ask for hand-me-downs...It's the most economical way to provide clothes for twins! :D :shock:
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Can aunt and uncle like figure heads enter? ...I am not officially related...but the parents are like family...huge PJ fans, and they just had twins. Fave song (today, anyway) is Unthought Known. When I hear it I think of my own kids and the promise that their future holds. I love the idea of the path cut by the moon and the waves on distant shores, and the idea that they consider giving back and paying it forward.
  • Options
    I just found out today that we are expecting our first child. Today has been the greatest day..
  • Options
    Forgot as well my fav song and why...Mine is Alive. I still remember the first time I heard it on the radio. It immediately grabbed my attention. Now as I prepare to be a father for the first time it takes on new meaning to me. That I will always be there for my child and not take anything for granted.
  • Options
    Cool draw. I would enter but one onesie aint enough (see my profile pic) :D
    4 months to go...

Should Johnny Aggro's name get drawn in this contest I will match VoidOfMan's kindness and buy the second onesie for your twin child. With only one twin getting a PJ onsie it is like picking a favorite child right off the bat and we can't have that!!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    Count me in. My girlfriend and I just had a baby girl 3 weeks ago.

And as for a favorite song, gotta go with Release, still gets me every time for a
    variety of reasons.
  • Options
    Thank you Umberto, I was planning on putting his name in the hat too.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    edited February 2011
    Can I enter, my little dog wears onsies and a PJ one would look great on him!!!! :DMy favorite song is Unthought Known, thanks for the chance!!!
    Post edited by thefixer9 on
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Thank you Umberto, I was planning on putting his name in the hat too.

Thanks guys!!! One if my fave songs is crazy mary which i sing still to my first daughter to get her asleep. She is 4 in may!!!"(where has the time flown??) still have to convert my second daughter who is 2 although she does bop out to Down. As this is my third and fourth on the way i am not sure i should b in the draw. U will never match the magic of the first in waiting. But i will let voidofman decide.

Best of luck to everyone about to embark on the nuttiest toughest easiest most wonderful ride you will ever know!!!
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Wow, what a cool drawing. I actually bought a onesie probably 3 years ago when we didn't have kids (still don't yet) because I thought I should get it before they run out and stop selling them! :lol:

Anyway, my wife & I are about 3 days short of "officially" being approved for adoption, after beginning the process last summer... lots and lots of paper work and interviews. We hope to adopt a newborn in the next year (or two, who knows), and I guarantee they are gonna be a PJ baby. :)

My favorite Pearl Jam song... tough one... Maybe Corduroy. Or Long Road, because it's about life.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    Hi we have 3 week old twins so this would be cool. For some reason right now my favorite song is Dirty Frank dont know why though :D All time Fav is probably Given to Fly
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    Sitting in the hospital with my 1 day old daughter!! Fav song is probably Wishlist. Today at least :) Thanks!!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Awesome giveaway! We aren't parents yet, but that day will be coming soon!!

My favorite song is Present Tense. Thanks for the chance!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    This was a pm from a new user:

DA79691 wrote:
    Hi! Great giveaway!
    Name: Mish
    I don't have just one favorite Pearl Jam song... I love them all.
    One of my favorite songs is 'Why Go'.... There are so many emotions in the song... Lost, betrayal, abandonment, hope, strength,awareness, I could go on but anyway. I love this song!
  • Options
    One more day...
  • Options
    Wow, that is really awesome of you! :)

I'm due right around the supposed dates for the anniversary shows. If it's at Apline, and I haven't produced a kid by then, I'm going. And I will be having a long talk with my baby about staying in until the show is over and we're back in Illinois. lol (Although it would be quite a story if I gave birth at the show! haha)

Favorite PJ song... well I have two, really. Porch because it just jams, and the emotion at the end of the song just can't be beat. Then there's "Thin Air" which I used to sing to my first born when she was a baby. That will always be my song for her. <3
  • Options
    We have a winner!!

dsc01765i.jpg

Umberto, do you want to send the onesie to Johhny yourself?

edit: I see that Johnny is in Ireland and Umberto is in Mass, I guess it would be cheaper if you send it to me first.

Johnny, send me your mailing address and I'll get the onesie and some extras in there.
  • Options
    hahahahahha

get outta town!!! Thanks void of man!!! Awesome result!. Thanks a mil. And to umberto as well!!

I'll drop my address on a PM.

We get our 3D scan next week so I will update my profile pic all going well!

8-)

Totally
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
  • Options
    Hi! I am an expectant first-time mommy, due 8.8.11... My baby boy is already a PJ baby for sure...as for my favorite song...that is really difficult for me to say...having a really hard time with this one..id say a toss between let me sleep, angel, in my tree, and smile...but see, the list goes on and on since every song holds a very special place in my heart....