My name is Rick

nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
This morning I've had 3 phone calls from Indian call centres wanting me to switch over to their phone networks. The first guy said his name was Dave, the second was called Mike and the third Rick. Like f**k that's their names! Do they think we're stupid? I just wish they'd leave me alone! :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Was the last name Muhcrit?

Get it?.....Rick Muhcrit

If you say it in a Japanese accent, you'll get the pun.
  • They give themselves these names because their real names take 25 minutes to say.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Do yourself a favour and un-plug your phone.
    It works for me :ugeek:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Chinese people that move to Ireland do the same - they give themselves "western" names as their original names are too hard to pronounce. The funniest was the man in the local chinese takeaway that went by the name of Seamus :lol:

When I worked for BT phone company, I had to get the names of people who had moved from India or Pakistan to Scotland - have you ever tried getting the name of an Indian with a Scottish accent? Fuckin' impossible!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Hammerdonkey - Rick Muhcrit :lol:

Jo - Do yourself a favour and un-plug your phone.
    A bit difficult if it's your work phone. :D

Jennytree - Chinese people that move to Ireland do the same - they give themselves "western" names as their original names are too hard to pronounce. The funniest was the man in the local chinese takeaway that went by the name of Seamus
    Awsome!
  • I love how Indian telemarketers try sound like they are from the country they are calling to.
    Over here they greet us with "G'Day Mate" but in the background you can hear lots of traffic and yelling.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I love how Indian telemarketers try sound like they are from the country they are calling to.
    Over here they greet us with "G'Day Mate" but in the background you can hear lots of traffic and yelling.
    G'day mate, my name's Bruce.
    Not :D