Options

just a dumb little loop exercise

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited February 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://soundcloud.com/greg-snell/minor-loop

there's a reason i'm not a professional. :cry:

anyway, as usual, the process is fun and it got me out of my normal soloing box.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    that was pretty cool man. much better than i could do. i liked how everything was layered like that. i don't have the patience for all of this tech stuff like loopers and digital recording lol.. what guitars/amp combinations did you use?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    thanks. i would normally make much more effort in mixing (this is distorting all over the place) but i just wanted to fire something off. i've been using protools for 7 years now so i know it pretty well.

the amplification, such as it, is all line6 pod farm 2 models running on my macbook. the bass is a model of an Eden amp. the guitars are all done with stereo deluxe reverb models. the models have lots of post EQ done on them to get them to where i want them. but they work pretty well and take my pedals readily.

the looped guitar and the solo were done with my ES-335. The solo is the neck pickup turned down to about 7 and through my homemade marshall bluesbreaker pedal clone. Nothing else sounds like a 335. One of my favourite tones. The other guitar part is my telecaster through my dynacomp clone.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    ahh yes protools....our drummer has that and i look at it like "ummmmm.....okaaaay??" it just confuses me. i am sure if i played around with it for a few months i could figure it out. to my ear i thought your recording sounded pretty good.

i reckoned there was a strat or tele in there, and i thought the lead tone was a hollow body of some sort. i love the neck pichup on most gibsons. i use it for some soloing on my les pauls. it just sounds so thick to me. it is funny how you can almost pick out the type of guitar used on a recording with the longer you play guitar. my next purchase was going to be a 335, but i am now in a second band and they want me to get something with emgs so we can play some heavier stuff. i am kind of waffling on that because i don't want to shell out the cash for something i am not going to hold on to when/if that band breaks up.

this recording has me wantingto start messing around with looping and recording now.
    exhausted wrote:
    thanks. i would normally make much more effort in mixing (this is distorting all over the place) but i just wanted to fire something off. i've been using protools for 7 years now so i know it pretty well.

the amplification, such as it, is all line6 pod farm 2 models running on my macbook. the bass is a model of an Eden amp. the guitars are all done with stereo deluxe reverb models. the models have lots of post EQ done on them to get them to where i want them. but they work pretty well and take my pedals readily.

the looped guitar and the solo were done with my ES-335. The solo is the neck pickup turned down to about 7 and through my homemade marshall bluesbreaker pedal clone. Nothing else sounds like a 335. One of my favourite tones. The other guitar part is my telecaster through my dynacomp clone.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    i wouldn't get another guitar just for that when a les paul is available. i would just get a good boost pedal and an EQ pedal to get those tones. it can be done without going to EMGs.