Movie: The Band - The Last Waltz

McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Just finished it few minutes ago. I really enjoy The Band. They recorded great stuff, even though their story did not finish very well for them.

Martin Scorsese made a really good job in this movie. I was just wondering if any of you had watched his recording of the Rolling Stones. Is it the same style of shots?

Is that me or Ron Wood's appearance is kind of useless? They did not even had a shot of him playing.. We only see him when presented, where he actually looks like a rock star on crack.
-"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    :lol:

You question ron woods presence and not neil diamonds???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    I especially enjoy the big clump of blow hanging from Neil's nostril as his jaw goes bonkers on Helpless, Helpless. This is the one band if given the chance I would want to see live in their prime - over The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, etc. etc. Just fucking good ol' rock and/or roll.

I gotta try and make it up to one of Levon's Midnight Rambles one of these years before he croaks.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I especially enjoy the big clump of blow hanging from Neil's nostril as his jaw goes bonkers on Helpless, Helpless. This is the one band if given the chance I would want to see live in their prime - over The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, etc. etc. Just fucking good ol' rock and/or roll.

I gotta try and make it up to one of Levon's Midnight Rambles one of these years before he croaks.
    I have been to several and it is well worth the trip. If you are lucky, you may get s good unannounced guest, like Chad Smith who was there a couple months ago, or Donald Fagen or Mike Gordon from Phish or Phil Lesh or Little Feat or ...... you get the point. My brother works at the Rambles and has worked for Levon for years. Levon is wonderful human being. Here's to him living for a long, long time.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

I have been to several and it is well worth the trip. If you are lucky, you may get s good unannounced guest, like Chad Smith who was there a couple months ago, or Donald Fagen or Mike Gordon from Phish or Phil Lesh or Little Feat or ...... you get the point. My brother works at the Rambles and has worked for Levon for years. Levon is wonderful human being. Here's to him living for a long, long time.

That's awesome. I can't believe he's in his 70's. :shock:

I was just checking out dates - think I might go to the Warren Haynes one at the end of April. 150 a pop - definitely worth it though.
  • I got this for christmas from my brother a few years back. One of my favorite music dvds, definitely worth watching, if not owning.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

moe. is opening one of these soon....that should be a great night
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

moe. is opening one of these soon....that should be a great night

Oh, word. I gotta look for that one. I'm sure if it's one that in the next two months, then it's sold out.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    it sold out in seconds
    it sold out in seconds

Well then.......thinking about pulling the trigger on this Warren Haynes one.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Apparently Levon had some things to say about Scorcese's favoring of Robbie with a lot of the shots and camera angles? :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Apparently Levon had some things to say about Scorcese's favoring of Robbie with a lot of the shots and camera angles? :?

Yeah, Levon wanted to focus on the band, but Robbie was all over Scorcese's balls. And it was pretty much Scorcese's intent to do so. If you ever watch it again, the only guy to get a spotlight is Robbie. But whatever, I could care less, but apparently it's still an issue to this day.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yeah, Levon wanted to focus on the band, but Robbie was all over Scorcese's balls. And it was pretty much Scorcese's intent to do so. If you ever watch it again, the only guy to get a spotlight is Robbie. But whatever, I could care less, but apparently it's still an issue to this day.
    Yeah I could care less too. I mean, the film is still fantastic regardless.

For me the highlight is Van Morrison and The Band doing "Caravan". That is some sweet, sweet live music right there.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    it sold out in seconds

That sold out quicker than moe.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    it sold out in seconds

That sold out quicker than moe.

GOD. DAMNIT. This must've just happened last night. I had 6 tickets in my cart last night, but was waiting to hear from my people who were having wet feet.
    Damn. They had My Morning Jacket up there back in October. :shock:

Definitely gotta make one of these at some point.