assorted videos of my band...

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,171
edited March 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
most of you guys on here know that i have been in my band for about 7.5 years now and i never had any good recordings of us so i never shared anything here. we are a cover band and have made a pretty decent life for ourselves playing around town over the last few years. we started out doing some originals mixed in with the covers but they did not mix well with the covers that we were doing so we tabled them for awhile. besides, the only time we ever really argued/fought was over those original songs...

we had a professional dvd done 5 years ago but it is no longer accurate as we have all updated our gear and we all look much different now. we wanted to do it on the cheap so i got a flip cam in october and recorded one of our gigs in november 2010 and it turned out decently well. i taped the camera to a drum mike stand and had our sound guy start and stop the recording, which he forgot to do a few times so that explains the multiple songs per video. we put four of the videos up on our website a few weeks ago so i thought i would share them here as they are a pretty good representation of what most of our shows are like. we will be adding more in the coming weeks.

each video has a flaw or two in there that most of you would be able to pick up, but when you have 10 beers and a few jagers during the show someone is bound to mess something up at some point. for instance the singer mixed up some words in a couple of songs and i tanked my ledbetter solo that i have played a bazillion times...we close every show with it and it never fails that the one time you mess it up it is being recorded...these videos were taken from our third set where the band and crowd both are feeling pretty good. the videos are dark because the club is dark, so you can't see our backline or anything but the light show is kind of cool. if you view them in full screen you can see better detail...the sound and video aren't too happenin' in certain spots, but the feeling is there and i guess that is all that matters...

if you have videos of your band online anywhere feel free to add them to this thread. it would be cool to see what all of you are playing out there.

oh and by the way, we do not take ourselves very seriously, but please don't hate on us too bad lol... :lol:

http://www.gloriousblue.com/av.html
"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    No hating from me mate! Really like your version of Song 2, good stuff! :D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Loulou wrote:
    No hating from me mate! Really like your version of Song 2, good stuff! :D:D
    Thanks Loulou, :)

• Love the Yellow Ledbetter cover! You guys sound real great. Good job and keep on rockin'! ;)

Good luck always!
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • lina319 wrote:
    Love the Yellow Ledbetter cover! You guys sound real great. Good job and keep on rockin'! ;)

Good luck always!
    thanks Lina! the sound isnt the greatest, but it is good enough for people to know what we are playing lol..

• StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    i'm in a cover band too, we have been at it for 3 years and have had band members come and go, but things are finally starting to come together

http://www.myspace.com/sowasredcovers
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • StuffnJunk wrote:
    i'm in a cover band too, we have been at it for 3 years and have had band members come and go, but things are finally starting to come together

you guys sound really good. i loved Africa and the billy joel tune. those are things i would have never expected to hear at a show. that is the key, finding a niche in the scene, especially in a big city. keep up the good work.

StuffnJunk wrote:

you guys sound really good. i loved Africa and the billy joel tune. those are things i would have never expected to hear at a show. that is the key, finding a niche in the scene, especially in a big city. keep up the good work.
    thanks man, you guys are good too...i'm sure we do a lot of the same songs, we do almost all of the ones in your videos
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • StuffnJunk wrote:
    thanks man, you guys are good too...i'm sure we do a lot of the same songs, we do almost all of the ones in your videos

thanks man. we have gone through a lot of different amps and guitars to get our tone. i think we finally have things the way we want them. for now at least lol...

those songs are pretty much standards nowadays. we do some stuff that many other bands won't touch because our singer is pretty versatile. but he is having voice problems as of late so we have had to slow down a bit while he gets through it, and we have had to throw some difficult songs out the last several months,and that sucks, but when it involves a guy's voice you can't really expect him to try to sing through it and make himself worse...

i will say this, i have been doing this for a long time and the rush i get when we get a good crowd it like no other. still to this day.

if you guys have any video or anything on youtube you should post a link.

we don't have any videos of us with our current singer or drummer...we have old videos that i really don't want to show off....the best videos of us on youtube are from a gig where a guest singer came up and sang two songs, and he brought a big group of girls with him who went pretty nuts when he sang....this is him singing Livin on a Prayer, and there is a link to Under the Bridge with him as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBXlZ74owCA