Tattoos on your foot- your experiences?

samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Just was wondering about people's experiences with foot tattoos- just how much it hurt, healing process, how happy they are with it, etc.

Been thinking about tattoo ideas (really is an addiction, got my first one in November and now I want more!) and have been considering getting one on my foot. Still trying to figure out if I have the balls to go through with it though :lol:
"Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
~not a dude~
2010: MSGx2
2012: Made In America
2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
2015: Global Citizen Festival
2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I have both feet tattooed.I'd say apart from the a section of my shoulder high at my neck I have found the feet the most uncomfortable,the skin is so thin and there are so many tiny bones in the foot.
    I would recommend you sit in as comfortable a position as possible as I had very different experiences of the level of comfort for sitting.
    The artist that did my right foot had a stool in which my foot was able to sit at a natural angle and it was comfortable throughout the process.It looked like the shoe stools and foot measuring devices that are used to measure kids feet only higher.
    But the artist that did my left foot had my foot in a really twisted position and my knee up at my chest,a position I couldn't hold for long before the nerves in the leg and feet suffered.The design was supposed to be coloured but after almost 2 hours of outlining and some grey shading I gave up on having the colour done.I meant to go back for the colour but never did :oops:
    Both healed well as I had them done in the summer and could go barefooted a lot or with sandals.
    Both tattoo's were done a number of years ago and still look great and I love them,they were uncomfortable but in the end worth it.
    All said I would say go for it with a wee bit of preparation,have a break when you need one and insist that you can sit in a comfortable position.

Good luck ... what are you planning for a design?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Thanks for the advice stargirl!

I've had a lot of ideas swirling in my head from song lyrics to a stickman to a key.....gotta think some more before I make a decision. Definitely no rushing into a decision unless I am 100% sure!

Unrelated to the foot, though, I do know I want 'let it be' on my wrist at some point :)
    ~not a dude~
    samjam wrote:

I've had a lot of ideas swirling in my head from song lyrics to a stickman to a key.....gotta think some more before I make a decision. Definitely no rushing into a decision unless I am 100% sure!

Unrelated to the foot, though, I do know I want 'let it be' on my wrist at some point :)

The wrist's are tender spot's too :) have both mine done ... tender for similar reason,thin skin,bony ... looks great though :D ... good luck ... wait until you get to the stage of having ribs,bony part of the shoulder,back of calf :shock: Ouch :D
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Oh, I was thinking about the wrist too. Yow. Somebody told me the shin was their least favorite spot. Good luck samjam.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    stargirl69 wrote:
    samjam wrote:

The wrist's are tender spot's too :) have both mine done ... tender for similar reason,thin skin,bony ... looks great though :D ... good luck ... wait until you get to the stage of having ribs,bony part of the shoulder,back of calf :shock: Ouch :D

Yeah, I have heard mixed about the wrist- some people found it a little painful, others have said its more uncomfortable. But I've got my heart set on that tattoo, so now I just have to find the right time to tell my mom that I want a second tattoo! :?

And I don't know if I'll ever be up for the ribs haha but my first tattoo is on the back of my shoulder so that I have already experienced (although it's not on the most bony part of my shoulder, it's inwards more)
    ~not a dude~
    samjam wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Yeah, I have heard mixed about the wrist- some people found it a little painful, others have said its more uncomfortable. But I've got my heart set on that tattoo, so now I just have to find the right time to tell my mom that I want a second tattoo! :?

And I don't know if I'll ever be up for the ribs haha but my first tattoo is on the back of my shoulder so that I have already experienced (although it's not on the most bony part of my shoulder, it's inwards more)

Sounds like no going back for you :D ... addictive they are ... they are our life stories on our skin ... good luck :D