Uncontacted Tribes (Not To Be Confused With Strangest Tribe)

Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Posts: 2,762
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Am I the only one here who is just completely fascinated about this:

http://www.uncontactedtribes.org

And the Video:
http://www.uncontactedtribes.org/brazilfootage

Take a few minutes and watch the video. It's pretty remarkable to see and it's a shame that they could be in danger.

I rarely (if ever) get behind causes but I think I'll definitely be looking into this...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG0pegmmB5A

Deep Forest is the first and eponymous album by the musical group Deep Forest: French duo Eric Mouquet and Michel Sanchez. The album mixes New Age electronics with UNESCO field recordings of music from Zaire, the Solomon Islands, Burundi, Tibesti and the Sahel. A percentage of the profits from sales of Deep Forest goes to the Pygmy Fund, a California-based organization committed to helping the natives of central Africa cope with environmental threats to their homeland. But for Sanchez and Mouquet, the most important purpose of the record is to express their own fascination with the Pygmies — and open the world's ears to the exquisite sound of a quickly vanishing culture. As Mouquet notes, "It's not very often you can hear a Pygmy singing on the radio."

It was nominated for Grammy Award as Best World Music Album in 1994.

The songs "Sweet Lullaby", "Deep Forest", "Forest Hymn" and "Savana Dance" were released as singles, the first two of which became hits worldwide.

More than 3,000,000 copies of the album have been sold. The album became Platinum in the USA, France and New Zealand; Double Platinum in Australia and Greece; and Gold in the UK and Norway. The album was certified 2x Diamond by the SNEP Export Awards in 2002.

In 2005 Joni Mitchell included two tracks from this album, "Night Bird" and "The First Twilight" as related to her musical development on her "Artist's Choice" CD. She probably found the "found sound" aspect of the Pygmie recordings reminiscent of her 1975 track "The Jungle Line" (The Hissing of Summer Lawns), where she added her own song about Rousseau's art atop a track of Burundi tribal drumming
    Post edited by BinauralJam on
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    What those cats need is a Walmart. I won't be happy until they enjoy the same freedoms and luxuries as us.

80809522.jpg
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i wish i was one of them. that's a great life they have. they need to be left alone. can you imagine being free in the jungles down there? rock.

wish i had a grass hut in a tropical rainforest. guess i'd write poetry in the dirt.

ever see those dickstick people?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eyedclaar wrote:
    What those cats need is a Walmart. I won't be happy until they enjoy the same freedoms and luxuries as us.

80809522.jpg

Lmao.
    I'll be back
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    chadwick wrote:
    i wish i was one of them. that's a great life they have. they need to be left alone. can you imagine being free in the jungles down there? rock.

wish i had a grass hut in a tropical rainforest. guess i'd write poetry in the dirt.

The ones who jump off those gigantic platforms with a dinky rope tied around their waist?
  • They said that the tribe in the original post was fake....

At least I think I read that.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

eddiec wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

The ones who jump off those gigantic platforms with a dinky rope tied around their waist?
    no i don't believe that is them, although i may be wrong. brb.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

eddiec wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Korowai & Kombai – Papua Tree people
    http://www.papuatrekking.com/Korowai_Kombai.html

yeah they're the ones. they are some wild dudes, man.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I'd like to drink a bottle of wine and smoke some blunts with them.
    I'll be back
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    edited February 2011
    chadwick wrote:

Yeah, the Kombai, they do swan dives from crazy heights and this rope stops them short of the ground except it breaks all the time and the crash face first into the ground. They're nuts.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I'd like to drink a bottle of wine and smoke some blunts with them.

:mrgreen:
    I'm thinkin these people probably have some hallucinogens handy, but i ain't drinking that alcholic saliva shit.
  • I'd like to drink a bottle of wine and smoke some blunts with them.

:mrgreen:
    I'm thinkin these people probably have some hallucinogens handy, but i ain't drinking that alcholic saliva shit.

Very true. I need a passport!
    I'll be back
    i am sad that our common cold virus can take out their tribe. not cool. if one of them shared wine and weed with us, they all would probably die. that is pretty terrible. i feel bad for them. i know an older guy who spread Christianity around Bolivia's forest people. he says he helped get them 2 million acres of land. the whole thing makes me ill.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    eddiec wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Yeah, the Kombai, they do swan dives from crazy heights and this rope stops them short of the ground except it breaks all the time and the crash face first into the ground. They're nuts.
    that and a nice hollowed out gourd worn as a shealth

wild outfit those folks...

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    i am sad that our common cold virus can take out their tribe. not cool. if one of them shared wine and weed with us, they all would probably die. that is pretty terrible. i feel bad for them. i know an older guy who spread Christianity around Bolivia's forest people. he says he helped get them 2 million acres of land. the whole thing makes me ill.

Well I don't want to kill anyone so no smoking with them. Oh well I'll have to smoke this all alone. :-(
    I'll be back