Going to lunch with a friend

Viva La WeinerViva La Weiner Posts: 284
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I know this is off PJ topic, but I wanted to reach out for the power of the community to help a friend get through a tough time. I am meeting my friend who has struggled with heroin addiction for many years. she has been to rehab 5 times and has been working hard to stay clean. I met her in rehab over the summer and she has been doing well but just recently relapsed. I am asking for your thoughts and positive vibes to help me be able to give her comfort in a time of need. Thank you for listening.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• My prayers are with you. Good luck man, this can't be an easy time.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    My prayers are with you. Good luck man, this can't be an easy time.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I think it's safe to say we'll all have you and your friend in our thoughts
    speaking as a child who shouldve have been a teen in the 90's
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Someone I know has struggled with the same addiction for years. About 2 years ago she went to a really good clinic and has been clean since. I'm not sure where it is located but i can find out if you like. All the best to your friend. It's a terrible addiction but it can be beaten.
  • She is lucky to have a friend like you, and she will conquer her demons. See the path cut by the moon.
    ...and now i rub my eyes, for he has returned
    seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned
    for he still smiles...
    and he's still strong
    nothing's changed, but the surrounding bullshit that has grown
    and now he's home
    and we're laughing like we always did
    my same old, same old friend...
  • Sending good vibes... any day you're alive is a good day. Best of luck to your friend in beating that monster.
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    You got it!

Did you know???

When the US military went into Afghanistan the production of opium went up 400% (or more).

Terrible drug that our soldiers see every day growing over there. Just another reason we shouldn't be there protecting the flow.

God Speed my friend.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    MB999 wrote:
    I know this is off PJ topic, but I wanted to reach out for the power of the community to help a friend get through a tough time. I am meeting my friend who has struggled with heroin addiction for many years. she has been to rehab 5 times and has been working hard to stay clean. I met her in rehab over the summer and she has been doing well but just recently relapsed. I am asking for your thoughts and positive vibes to help me be able to give her comfort in a time of need. Thank you for listening.
    Sending prayers for strength and guidance to you and your friend

I can relate...I know how difficult this is for you...

it is a powerless, aching, all encompassing place to be
    worry worry worry

but
    believe in miracles, they do happen.... just ask
    all we need do is ask.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    my thoughts are with you both...
    -Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. Lunch went well and we are both working together on our happiness. Life is a challenge but it is worth living for the little things. I appreciate the support.

Alive from MSG 2 2010 made me smile.