How Large is your music library?

2»

Comments

• 4and20 wrote:
    I have some 600 CDs in storage right now, ripping CDs that I have here to my laptop currently....and who knows how much on itunes...stupid itunes is NOT very friendly when you need to switch computers :evil:

You can actually use your iPod as a storage device to transfer your library from one computer to another. It might take a couple of trips back and forth, but I've done it for 2 laptops now.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    pj has 181 albums?

more than....

each boot is typically considered an album
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    4and20 wrote:
    I have some 600 CDs in storage right now, ripping CDs that I have here to my laptop currently....and who knows how much on itunes...stupid itunes is NOT very friendly when you need to switch computers :evil:

it's actually not that bad if you have an external HD. the is a folder (typically located in my documents) that houses all the audio files and what not. copy that folder to a external HD and create the same folder on the new hd. paste said files into the folder. bam. done.

if you don't have an extral hd, a USB drive will work, but it make take multiple trips depending on the size of your usb drive and your song collection.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    pj has 181 albums?

more than....

each boot is typically considered an album
    yeah see that's what i was trying to ask.

are boots typically considered an album?

yeah sure why the fuck not?

i dunno why not.
    i figured cds are at the store or something :? :roll: or something something or

i have many questions... 81.. open your pm box
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i have many questions... 81.. open your pm box

oh chit :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

it's actually not that bad if you have an external HD. the is a folder (typically located in my documents) that houses all the audio files and what not. copy that folder to a external HD and create the same folder on the new hd. paste said files into the folder. bam. done.

if you don't have an extral hd, a USB drive will work, but it make take multiple trips depending on the size of your usb drive and your song collection.

I have the external drive, and then the laptop crashed, so I restored my system, and the itunes folder is sitting in my media player as it's own seperate folder...I have to download itunes again, but for some reason, I've never been able to get the music from the ipod onto the computer.. it won't recognize the ipod and take music FROM it without 'synching'...Mr. 4/20 synched it once and lost all the music so he's all 'DON'T SYNCH!' I'm gonna do it anyway the next time I get my hands on the ipod....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

I have the external drive, and then the laptop crashed, so I restored my system, and the itunes folder is sitting in my media player as it's own seperate folder...I have to download itunes again, but for some reason, I've never been able to get the music from the ipod onto the computer.. it won't recognize the ipod and take music FROM it without 'synching'...Mr. 4/20 synched it once and lost all the music so he's all 'DON'T SYNCH!' I'm gonna do it anyway the next time I get my hands on the ipod....

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-to-t ... puter.html
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

thank-you wise computer guru-man...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,002
    NOT.
    LARGE.
    ENOUGH.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14