Some new demos I recorded

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Posts: 3,371
edited March 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
just 2 songs...I recently discovered my iphone takes decent audio recordings, not the best, but OK. I intend on playing them with a full band eventually (when we find a bass player and drummer).

feedback very welcome

http://soundcloud.com/stiwi_c
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• guitar sounds good. I recommend playing open mic nights in your area. It is very painful, but get's you used to playing in front of an audience, even if it's just the barista or bartender. Trade secret, usually the only people in the audience of open mic night are other open mic people, who make for a terrible audience. This is great practice to get confidence in your playing and find other band mates. Good luck.
  • MC170228 wrote:
    guitar sounds good. I recommend playing open mic nights in your area. It is very painful, but get's you used to playing in front of an audience, even if it's just the barista or bartender. Trade secret, usually the only people in the audience of open mic night are other open mic people, who make for a terrible audience. This is great practice to get confidence in your playing and find other band mates. Good luck.

thanks for listening...yeah I'm gonna start doing some open mics next week to try to find people...I've been in a few bands and played plenty of shows, so getting in front of people isn't really an issue. But I've never really done solo acoustic stuff or written by myself before...I generally wrote with the band and split lead vocal duties in my old band, but that was always a super loud, kinda ballsy setting.
  • Dude, your songs are AWESOME, love it. keep it up.
  • Dude, your songs are AWESOME, love it. keep it up.

hey thanks man, haha you wouldn't happen to know any bass players or drummers in western washington would you?
  • ahh, no sorry, but hey come out to NE Ohio and you can jam with my band anytime! We can play some gigs together!