Alberto Contador cleared

nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
It seems the Spanish Cycling Federation decided to overturn its decision to ban him for a year. One minute he's banned the next minute he isn't.

Although Contador and his legal team were unable to produce a sample of the meat that they have claimed was tainted with the clenbuterol that resulted in the positive test, the fact that it could not be shown conclusively that Contador had deliberately taken the product worked in his favour. I suppose they couldn't provide a sample because he ate it. :D Is every cyclist meant to now keep a small portion of every meal he eats in a freezer just in case.

This is even stranger that he was charged with having clenbuterol in his system. One doctor who was interviewed at the time of the charge said clenbuterol would have possibly reduced his performance and not enhanced it. I think everyone is so suspicious of drugs in cycling perhaps they should be able to take whatever they want and let it be a free-for-all.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Hey do you have a link to this story, I'm interested to know how they came to this decision and does he retain hi TDF title.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Sorry I forgot to put it in. It's been flashing up on the TV on the BBC news but nothing is on their site at the moment.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/a ... arge-29294
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    nuffingman wrote:
    Sorry I forgot to put it in. It's been flashing up on the TV on the BBC news but nothing is on their site at the moment.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/a ... arge-29294

Thanks, if this is true he should come back with a vengeance if he's banned from competition for a year.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)