Options

Rearviewmirror greatest hits

injectorinjector Posts: 1
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I can't see any proof that this is remastered yet the treble is ear-piercing across the whole album. I know there are a few remixed songs but the whole album sounds compressed and actually hurts my ears. What's the deal here, does anyone know?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Wow... a lot of audiophile threads these last few days.

Important note: I have no idea whether it was remastered.:) Just commenting.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    i know what you mean
    saw things so much clearer
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    one word......
    WAHHH!!!!
    :D:D:D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    SENROCK! wrote:
    one word......
    WAHHH!!!!

my favorite!!!
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    injector wrote:
    I can't see any proof that this is remastered yet the treble is ear-piercing across the whole album. I know there are a few remixed songs but the whole album sounds compressed and actually hurts my ears. What's the deal here, does anyone know?
    I wouldn't know I don't have this album. I have the whole studio releases.

BTW, is it even worth buying?
    I have all the songs already at its original release.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:

um.....YEEEAH! its worth it for song number 3 all by itself!!! ;)

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    LongRd. wrote:

As SENROCK pointed out, track 3 is definitely a selling point (the re-recorded version of Even Flow from the video). The Brendan O'Brien remixes of Alive, Once, and Black. The alternate mix of State of Love and Trust. Oh, and there's a small lyric change in Who You Are.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    As SENROCK pointed out, track 3 is definitely a selling point (the re-recorded version of Even Flow from the video). The Brendan O'Brien remixes of Alive, Once, and Black. The alternate mix of State of Love and Trust. Oh, and there's a small lyric change in Who You Are.

YES! its definitely worth buying. EVEN if u ARE a snobby pearl jam fan that says they only have ORIGINAL recordings and etc. :rolleyes: and i meant YOU in general....

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    you can never have too much Even Flow in your life, that's for sure!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    you can never have too much Even Flow in your life, that's for sure!!

thats what im sayin!!!!! :D

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    injector wrote:

buy the vinyl
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    buy the vinyl

oooooooh the VINYL. i need to get that!!!!!

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    SENROCK! wrote:
    one word......
    WAHHH!!!!

aahhhhh yeah,

WAHHHH!, dennle la den den na, dennle la den den na,
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    aahhhhh yeah,

WAHHHH!, dennle la den den na, dennle la den den na,

of COURSE WAHHH!!!!! :D what else is there?! haha

• Options
    injector wrote:

It was mastered like shit, just like their last few albums. That's all there is to it.
  • Options
    EwankEwank Posts: 108
    All I know is that they tore Black apart by changing the electric guitar with a little distorssion for a clean one..it totally killed the mood of the song...that´s why I don´t like the Black live version anymore with the acoustic guitar....That song is all about that electric guitar!! it´s the soul and the mood of it!!!
  • Options
    Ewank wrote:
    All I know is that they tore Black apart by changing the electric guitar with a little distorssion for a clean one..it totally killed the mood of the song...that´s why I don´t like the Black live version anymore with the acoustic guitar....That song is all about that electric guitar!! it´s the soul and the mood of it!!!

Actually, all they did was remove the EQ that made the guitar sound like it was coming through an AM radio. Same guitar track, just stripped the effect. I kinda like it better overall because it's not drenched in reverb.
    - Justin

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    I bought it, I think it is great. It is worth buying, if only to complete the collection.
    ~Changing the world...one person at a time~
    ~www.myspace.com/laurababy0105~
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I have that version of Even Flow, already.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:

I was just sayin'. :)
    - Justin

• Options
    and what's with that nanosecond of noise that precedes 'Animal?' do you know what I'm talking about? it's a real nit-picky thing but you'll notice that the first second of the song is different than it is on Vs.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    State of Love and Trust sucks!!!!!!! What a horible remix
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:

as do i. yet, i still bought Greatest Hits!!!!! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    as do i. yet, i still bought Greatest Hits!!!!! :D

Too funny you are!!
    I have at least 15 versions of Evenflow.....I love them all!!

Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! Priceless :D:D
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    Too funny you are!!
    I have at least 15 versions of Evenflow.....I love them all!!

Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! Priceless :D:D
    thats right. :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    one word......
    WAHHH!!!!

Hell. Yes.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    one word......
    WAHHH!!!!

That one word, if you can even call it a word, totally and completely gave Even Flow new life for me. I was getting sick of it. Until the day i heard that again on the cd.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    That one word, if you can even call it a word, totally and completely gave Even Flow new life for me. I was getting sick of it. Until the day i heard that again on the cd.

awwwwww!!! as a true lover of THE FLOW, that there brought a tear to my eye!!! :D

• Options
    and what's with that nanosecond of noise that precedes 'Animal?' do you know what I'm talking about? it's a real nit-picky thing but you'll notice that the first second of the song is different than it is on Vs.

Ahhh i LOVE that little bit of feedback before Animal. It really makes the song kick in so well.

I think RVM is worth buying, even if you have the studio releases. There's the re-recorded Even Flow, which i won't go into because SENROCK and the gang have it covered :)
    Then there's Alive which has a clearer sounding guitar part from Mike throughout the song, and then Black which has much more prominent piano parts during the chorus which just broke my heart when i first heard it. It gave the song new life for me!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."