Keyboard

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited February 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, I've decided to start playing piano. I've played guitar for 10 years and decided it's just time to pick up something different. I'm looking for a keyboard to practice on (we have a piano at home, but it's loud, etc...) I'm looking for something with weighted keys, preferably inexpensive. Any recommendations?
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i have a Korg digital piano. i can't remember the model number off the top of my head but i like it. i've had it for 7 years and it's been trouble free and still sounds good to my ears. i think it was around $1000 but i would assume there are probably tons of them used on kijiji etc. for a lot less as i assume the resale on them is the pits. it has weighted keys.

does a bunch of different sounds but i really only use a couple of the pianos and a couple organs. the "electric piano" setting sounds good and can get you in fender rhodes-esque territory with some external tremolo and distortion but i mostly use it for "real" piano sounds.