Coach Sloan

mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Coach of the Utah Jazz for 23 years. It's a turning point in all of sports that a man of his character is lost from the game. I sure hope it wasn't under the negative circumstances that have been rumored and that he truely just ran out of energy. God Bless.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it was corp spin....but feel to believe what you want.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    yeah he ran out of energy dealing with entitled, douchebag players
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    Small market teams are getting shit on like crazy!! Every NBA player wants to play in LA, NY,Chicago, Dallas, Miami,Boston

Williams is a dumbass, Sloan Does the best he can with the fact FA don't come to Utah

Now Stockton, that was a selfless dude
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    Isn't Sloan one of the biggest assholes in the world?
  • Pretty surprised to hear all of these reports that Sloan had been battling with Williams. I know Sloan is an old school guy, but I never thought Williams would turn into a coach killer.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987
    Another example of the inmates running the asylum. The NBA is a fucking joke.

And how does a guy keep his job for 23 years and not win a title? I guess when you're playing in Utah that's fine.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,598

And how does a guy keep his job for 23 years and not win a title? I guess when you're playing in Utah that's fine.

big red's only got 10 years to go :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

big red's only got 10 years to go :mrgreen:

Exactly.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Sloan could coach.

Primadonna douchebag ganster thug NBA trash just wasnt something he could ever wrap his head around.

You will be missed Jerrry.

The younger MIller boy has taken over the ship since Larry died, and I think he wants too much limelight for himself already. The entire Jazz organization will evolve in the next few years. Just have to wait and see what it turns into...
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435

you can't be this clueless can you? guy had only 1 losing season, in UTAH, in the NBA, not exactly a hot bed for the brothers... - call in me in 5-7 years when they are terrible then you will appreciate how good that is/was.
    pjhawks wrote:

you can't be this clueless can you? guy had only 1 losing season, in UTAH, in the NBA, not exactly a hot bed for the brothers... - call in me in 5-7 years when they are terrible then you will appreciate how good that is/was.

No, you're right, continue to force feed me your knowledge. Get fucking real. It's Utah, that is why he was allowed to stay there that long, not because of one losing season.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,598
    pjhawks wrote:

No, you're right, continue to force feed me your knowledge. Get fucking real. It's Utah, that is why he was allowed to stay there that long, not because of one losing season.

careful. pj hawks is not afraid to pull out the age card at any given time.... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

careful. pj hawks is not afraid to pull out the age card at any given time.... :lol:

Yeah, along with all the other horse shit that doesn't provide a sound, logical, argument.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435

Yeah, along with all the other horse shit that doesn't provide a sound, logical, argument.

so having 22 winning seasons in 23 seasons in a small market that can barely ever get a meaningful free-agent is not a sound logical argument for keeping your job even without a title? man you really are clueless. i guess if you were a gm or president you'd be firing a coach every year they didn't win a title.i'd love for you to tell me when he should have been fired during that span. and jerry sloan was widely regarded as one of the best coaches in the nba. you should give me your phone number so in 5 years when the jazz blow and have one of the worst records in the nba we can revisit this talk. it's like good and great coaches fall off trees, you know our sixers have only had like 97 coaches in those 23 years. but clearly you proven my point...
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Seems to me from some of the reports he just kinda gave up on it. To me you gotta be able to adapt or you don't belong. Sounds like he didn't want to.

I think the 22 winning seasons needs to be put in perspective. He had the great pure point guard and power forward/2man tandem in NBA history. Still a great coach, but 2 dudes probably spoiled him.

Never heard he was a jerk. My uncle always said he was a nice guy when they were makin deals on farm machinery.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    Lakers, spurs, Detroit, Houston, celtics

Sprinkle in some 1 time champions and those are the teams who have won titles in the last 20-25years

Considering the Jordan factor, (bit Sloan in the ass twice) I think he did a fine job
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Lakers, spurs, Detroit, Houston, celtics

Sprinkle in some 1 time champions and those are the teams who have won titles in the last 20-25years

Considering the Jordan factor, (bit Sloan in the ass twice) I think he did a fine job

That's what I was going to say. It's not like 23 different teams won titles during his run, only a handful did and a bunch of hall of fame players never won a title in that stretch because of a few real dominant teams.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    During Sloans stint in Utah, Larry Brown coached 7 different teams. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Missin the man...
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Missin the man...
    Word.

Still willing to give Corbin some more time though.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    Sure things have been rough with Corbin so far...not his fault though. Injuries up the wazoo can't be helping much. Jazz are going to be a youthful talented team if nothing else after all these lottery picks pile up.
    JM4830 wrote:
    Sure things have been rough with Corbin so far...not his fault though. Injuries up the wazoo can't be helping much. Jazz are going to be a youthful talented team if nothing else after all these lottery picks pile up.

I dont think so... I think Larry H really knew how to run this business in the area, and was beyond lucky when he had Malone/Stockton. Jazz fans are really true blue, what else is there? (Real Salt Lake, Bees, Y and U)

The entire league has nosedived into a sloppy mess especially with the LeRon Debacle.

I think Larrys' son has more invested in his own image and will use the draft picks as gift cards, giving away talent year after year until the team moves on, maybe to Seattle. I know I am pretty negative already, and should give the guy a while longer to prove himself, yet look what happened in his first day with the keys to the new car...

Oh, and I know I mispelled LeRon. If I met him I would call him LeRon repeatedly, like I was some dumb ass that had never heard of this legendary man... :lol:
    I think Larrys' son has more invested in his own image and will use the draft picks as gift cards, giving away talent year after year until the team moves on, maybe to Seattle. I know I am pretty negative already, and should give the guy a while longer to prove himself, yet look what happened in his first day with the keys to the new car...

Hey now, I can certainly relate to the frustration of Utah appearing to be crumbling, but that is blasphemy! :P

Seriously though... I know Seattle is hurting for a team, but I couldn't dream of seeing a team like Utah (who really is loved here so much, probably equal to how Seattle loved their Sonics) get moved on. It would be crushing.

We're definitely in a time of waiting for the bounce back. The injuries late in the season have been hugely unfortunate.

My biggest hope is that there is a lot of on court practicing happening this summer, along with a diligent effort to find the right chemistry.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    The entire league has nosedived into a sloppy mess especially with the LeRon Debacle.

I can definitely get behind this statement. Although there are plenty of people who feel that the NBA has always been and always will be a joke.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    Rumors are that he may coach again? I hope it's college. I think he'd be a fantastic college coach.