First Trip to Seattle in March

Lovett-or-LeavettLovett-or-Leavett Posts: 174
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Okay....need some ideas of what is must while there. I will be there March 12-16. Part of the time will be for a conference. I pretty much have all day Saturday, half the day Sunday, and my evenings to explore the city.

So what should I be sure to do/see?????

I am kinda of bummed that I am leaving the 16th, as Tres Mnts plays the 16 like a block from my hotel.....Would have loved to attended.

Is there anywhere to get a good tatoo in Seattle in the downtown area? I will be limited to mass transit and taxis.

Thanks in advance.....Chris
Hey brother.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    number one rule:
    you NEVER hail a cab in Seattle, you call one...like on the phone to come and pick you up....you can try to hail one, and you may get picked up....I'll poke thru the treads for suggestions for you
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:
    number one rule:
    you NEVER hail a cab in Seattle, you call one...like on the phone to come and pick you up....you can try to hail one, and you may get picked up....I'll poke thru the treads for suggestions for you

That is a good rule to know.
    Hey brother.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    ok here ya go:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=146231&p=3372604&hilit=seattle#p3372604

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=146231&p=3415014&hilit=seattle#p3415014

I'm glad you're not driving...traffic downtown can be really intimidating, and ask store owners for directions/places to see, most peeps on the street are not too friendly to visitors. Pike Place Market folks are more than willing to help you out.

I did tell BD here to do the 'Ride the Ducks' tour...he laughed, but said it was a blast.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Starbucks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Simply Desserts in Fremont - chocolate white chocolate cake
    Macrina Bakery in Belltown - chocolate flourless cake
    Santoro books in Greenwood - my friend owns it. Really nice person
    Elliott Bay Books in Pioneer Square - lots of awesome books.
    Alki Bakery - if it's still there they had awesome white chocolate cake
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • 81 wrote:
    Starbucks

damn! beat me to it
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Starbucks

damn! beat me to it

I'll go Seattles best in tommorrow's visiting seattle thread
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ooh i'm so glad i found this thread ...i'll be visiting Seattle in July. My girlfriend asked...What are we going to do there? All I could say is visit Bruce Lee's grave and a Mariner's game. She doesnt like Kung Fu movies and the Mariners are on a road trip when we will be there :(

I'll be lurking about in this thread and thanks for the info
    Reading PA 2004
    Virginia Beach outside in the grass 2008
    Philly Spectrum night 2 2009
    New York MSG night 2 2010
    Montreal Bell Centre 2011
  • Go to a pizza place called Snoose Junction PIzzeria. The owner was a PJ roadie and has all kinds of memorabilia framed in a back room at the Ballard location. He was even in the Evenflow video.

http://snoosejunctionpizzeria.com/home/
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    the best things about washington are found out in the bush. if you can get to the olympics that would be wonderful for you. im going up this weekend for a waterfall visit, trees and ferns. ocean on one side of the highway, rainforest on the other.

i'll be sitting quietly under a tree writing something in a meditative state while seattle scrambles around honking horns at each other.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    chadwick wrote:
    the best things about washington are found out in the bush. if you can get to the olympics that would be wonderful for you. im going up this weekend for a waterfall visit, trees and ferns. ocean on one side of the highway, rainforest on the other.

i'll be sitting quietly under a tree writing something in a meditative state while seattle scrambles around honking horns at each other.

Those rainforests are something else. Not like my forests at all. Like a different planet.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • BigairbruceyBigairbrucey Posts: 141
    edited February 2011
    Go to a pizza place called Snoose Junction PIzzeria. The owner was a PJ roadie and has all kinds of memorabilia framed in a back room at the Ballard location. He was even in the Evenflow video.

http://snoosejunctionpizzeria.com/home/

I'm so there. You wouldn't know this but, my Girlie and I eat pizza at-least once a week. When we travel we always look for places with a local flavor. Flying to Seattle and eating at Pizza Slut is an unimaginable sin to us.
    Post edited by Bigairbrucey on
    Reading PA 2004
    Virginia Beach outside in the grass 2008
    Philly Spectrum night 2 2009
    New York MSG night 2 2010
    Montreal Bell Centre 2011
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Elliott Bay Books in Pioneer Square - lots of awesome books.

closed down and moved to capitol hill 1 or 2 years ago.....doesnt have the same charm anymore
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Thanks to all for the great recommendations. I will look at all of them over the next month!
    Hey brother.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Going there in June, anybody got anything to add to this list?
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    Bump for more tourist attractions.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I love it there.

Pike's Place Market is really amazing. There is also a weird sculpture park with trails right near there too. We also took a Lake boat tour which was pretty cool. Space Needle was good.
  • Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 691
    Okay....need some ideas of what is must while there. I will be there March 12-16. Part of the time will be for a conference. I pretty much have all day Saturday, half the day Sunday, and my evenings to explore the city.

So what should I be sure to do/see?????

I am kinda of bummed that I am leaving the 16th, as Tres Mnts plays the 16 like a block from my hotel.....Would have loved to attended.

Is there anywhere to get a good tatoo in Seattle in the downtown area? I will be limited to mass transit and taxis.

Thanks in advance.....Chris

As for Tattoos, Slave to the Needle is a great place to get one. There are two locations in Seattle, Ballard and Wallingford. I don't believe they do drop in's though so you may have to call in ahead of time. Both Wallingford and Ballard have a pretty great bar scene too. It's a lot more chill than Downtown Seattle.
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA